I think I fell in love with my teacher (chapter 19)

I think I fell in love with my teacher

PREVIOUSLY:
"Oh okay Donghae. Thanks." I say to him. He just turned around and gave me a smile. I really envy Donghae's personality right now. He's such a bright and happy person....which is the complete opposite of myself right now. 

I leave and slowly go to my next class. I then felt someone tap my shoulder. I turn around and see a serious Yesung.

"Sungmin, what exactly is your relationship with Kyuhyun?...Don't lie to me."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUNGMIN'S POV

I stood there with widened eyes. Should I lie to him again like I always do?......or should I tell him the truth?...I look around a bit.
"Let's go somewhere else Yesung." I say as I lead him outside out to our school's garden. I then stop with Yesung behind me.
"Well, Sungmin?..." Yesung said. I sigh and turn around to face him completely. 
"Yesung, I'm going to tell you the truth now. After this, I'll completely understand if you get upset. You actually have every right to do that." I say to him as I look down.
".....It's okay. I can handle it I guess....Now tell me Sungmin. Honestly." he said.
"Okay....Kyuhyun and I....are.....I mean, were.....dating." I told him hesitantly. He just stood there with a shocked face. Not knowing what to say.
"..I'm sorry Yesung....but we were in love with each other.....when you confessed to me, I wasn't dating anyone yet....but I liked Kyuhyun at that time. And soon after, he confessed to me and I accepted. So that's why I wanted to stay just as friends......so I wouldn't hurt you." I said to him, feeling guilty.
"Sungmin......how could you?....I have been waiting for your decision whether or not I could be your boyfriend for about a month now.......But in reality, I was waiting for nothing.....as I lost you to a teacher." He said as he looked down to me.
"I'm sorry..." I apologize to him sadly. He just sighed heavily, shot his eyes at me, and left me there.....Great, now two people leaving my life......I'm such a terrible person.

I finish my classes and head down towards lunch, still feeling depressed over the loss of Kyuhyun and a little over Yesung also. I slump down onto my chair and sit at my table alone as always. I look up at the teacher's table. Seeing Kyuhyun not there, eating his sandwich as always, hurts. My eyes begin to water again. I put my head down before anyone could see it. Suddenly I felt someone sitting at my table. I just ignored them and continued to rest my head onto the table. I then suddenly felt someting small hit my head. I look up and frowned as I saw a piece of corn laying there on the table. I look and see Donghae there, his lunch already on the table in which included corn. I would have glared at him but seeing him smile happily at me like a child, I couldn't help but to smile back.
"Hi Sungmin!" he exclaimed. 
"Hey Donghae." I say in a monotone.
"Still sad over Kyuhyun's disappearance?" he asked. I nodded slowly.
"You already know that we dated right?" I ask him.
"Mhm~" he said. "He was really good to you. I don't know what's gotten to him.....which reminds me, what happened at the port?..Why'd he leave?" he asked me.
"Yeah, he was good to me....and at the port....I was able to catch up to him. But he said he was done with me....and simply left me. I don't know the exact reason why he left." I sad while staring into an empty space.
"Really?! Woah....he changed a lot in such a short time..." Donghae said as he pondered. I looked up at Donghae and looked at him in confusion.
"Yeah, he did change a lot...." I slowly say.
"Mhm......but it's okay!" Donghae exclaimed. I just smile at Donghae's positive aura.
"Haha~ how?" I asked.
"I don't know if you know this but....I made a promise to Kyuhyun that if he wasn't here, I would be the one who would look over you! Oh! And make you stay away from Yesung!" he said, I laughed quietly.
"Well, making me stay away from Yesung won't be a problem since Yesung would be the one avoiding me now........and that promise I'm guessing doesn't apply anymore......now that he doesn't love me anymore." I sadly say.
"No! It's a promise! I have to look over you in place of Kyuhyun! And besides, I don't like seeing anyone sad!" he argued. I smiled at him.
"Thank you Donghae....it's nice to know that I have at least someone I can count on." I thanked him.
"No problem! And so from now on, I'll be next to you at all times! We can be like best friends!" he replied. 
"Haha~ okay. But.....aren't you like a......player though?" I ask him as I notice some girls were glaring at me from Donghae's original lunch table.
"What!? I am not a player! I'm just popular with the ladies because of my good looks and loving personality~" he boasted. 
"Well, since you're 'popular the ladies', wouldn't those 'ladies' kill me now that you're going to hang out with me more?" I said to him.
"Ah~ Don't worry! I won't let them touch you! I'll be like your big brother or 'oppa'! Hehe~" he giggled.
"Aren't I older than you though?" I said.
"........Then I'll be your super strong little brother!" he defended. I just giggle at his childness. I'm so grateful towards Donghae for making me able to smile again.......but my heart is still dreadful and torn without Kyuhyun. I don't think it'll be able to go back into it's normal state again. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KYUHYUN'S POV

After several hours, the ferry finally arrived to China and I take a taxi to ZhouMi's house. I was still depressed over the loss of Sungmin in my life. My eyes are now always weary and no hint of happiness showed. I arrived at ZhouMi's house and rang her doorbell. She opened her door and her face brightened.
"Kui Xian!" she said as she spread her arms for a hug. I hugged her lightly. Her hugs were welcoming, but they would never match to Sungmin's.
"Hello, ZhouMi." I say, trying to put excitement into my voice but failed.
"Oh come in! Come in!" she said while waving her hand back and forth. I take off my shoes and head inside Zhoumi's home. I sat on the couch while ZhouMi prepared tea and gave it to me. She sat on couch alongside of me.
"So how was the trip here to China?" she asked me.
"It was okay...." I said blankly.
"Okay?.....Why? Was the ride bumpy or?.."
"No, the ferry ride was perfect.....but my mood...."
".....Ah~ You had to break up with Sungmin right?....That would have been very hard...."
"It was the hardest thing to do in my life, ZhouMi. I don't know what to do now..."
"Well that's why you're here! To start a new life! Don't worry Kyuhyun! I'll help you find a new job, a new hobby, a new everything!" she exclaimed.
"Thank you ZhouMi.."
"You're welcome! Anyways, please make yourself comfortable~ You'll forget Sungmin in no time." she said. What she said was a complete lie.
"........" I didn't answer her and kept look at the ground. Suddenly, my phone rang. I look at the caller ID.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUNGMIN'S POV

I was now at the dorm, looking through my phone on my bed. I was looking through my contacts. One contact caught my eye.

"My love <3"

I froze. I still can't forget about him. Should I delete his number since we're over? Should I call to make sure he's okay?....Yeah I should....but I'm too much of a chicken. And doesn't he hate me now?....But I should still call to make sure his trip to China was alright. Slowly I press the "CALL" button. After I pressed it, I cover my mouth and widen my eyes. 
"I can't believe I'm calling him!?!" I muffled. Hesitantly, I put the phone to my ear. I wait for him to pick up, with my heart beating. What should I say to him? The phone was dialing.
...
...
...
...
...
...
"Hi." I hear his voice say. My heart stopped. 
"K-Kyuhyun? I--"
"--I'm not able to be at the phone right now. So please leave a message after the tone~ Thanks."

I groaned. Why does it have to be the voice mail?! The phone beeped. I decide to leave him a message anyways.
"...Hi Kyuhyun. I just wanted to leave a call to make sure your trip to China was alright..." I said. I then sigh sadly.
"...Anyways.......uh........bye." I said quickly as I hang up the phone. I then threw my phone on my desk, turned off the lamp, and laid down on my bed with the blanket covering my whole body grumpily. 

Was today really the last day I got to see him?....I still don't understand why he got mad with me and broke away from me. I guess I just have to deal with it now....Deal with Kyuhyun being gone....The thought still hurts. 

"SUNGMINNN!!!" I hear Seohyun yell. Ugh, what does the want? I get up from my bed and sloppily go to the living room.
"Whatt?" I said grumpily. I then suddenly see Seohyun, at our door which was wide open with a person standing outside........Yesung?

"Someone's here to see you." Seohyun said to me. 
"Hey Sungmin. Can I speak to you?" he said roughly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
KYUHYUN'S POV

I realize that Sungmin was calling me. I hurriedly pick my cellphone up to prevent ZhouMi from seeing the caller ID. I excuse myself and go to the bathroom. 

I just stand in front of the sink, looking at the phone, dumbfounded. 
".....Why is she calling me?.....I thought she would hate me now for breaking up with her...." I said quietly to myself. Should I pick up? Before I could decide, the phone already stop dialing. I sighed in frustration. A few seconds later, I open up my phone and realize there was a voicemail left for me. A voice mail too?...I call the voicemail and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello, you have 1 new message. New message, 1, Friday, 10:15 PM, Korea." the voicemail said. I then finally hear Sungmin's voice.
"...Hi Kyuhyun. I just wanted to leave a call to make sure your trip to China was alright......Anyways, uh, bye.-- End of new message. To delete this message, press 1. To listen to other messages, press 2. Or hang up if you are finished." the voicemail stated. Slowly I hang up my cellphone and deeply took a breath. 

I leave the bathroom and see ZhouMi still, sitting there, drinking tea happily. She noticed I was here.
"Oh! Kyuhyun! Who called you?" she asked me.
"Uhm.........someone." I reply dully. 
".....And who is that someone?"
"Someone.........who doesn't deserve to be treated like this." I say sadly. I then turn around and walk to my room.
"Kyuhyun! where are you going?!" she yelled out to me. 
"Bed." I said as I continued walking.

I then arrive in my bedroom,close the door behind me, and jumped on the bed sloppily. 

Hearing Sungmin's voice really relieved me. At least I know that she's doing fine, I guess. I wonder if I really can meet her again. Maybe in the future....when she's out of that damn university and becoming a musician.....but what if she becomes too famous and it'll be hard to see her?....Ugh. I hate my life....I wonder what she's doing now?....Probably sleeping...And I hope Donghae is keeping that promise......to protect her and make her stay away from Yesung.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUNGMIN'S POV

"Uhm, sure! We can speak.....Yesung-oppa." I say nervously to him. Yesung gave me a small smile and I followed him to our school's garden.

At the garden we both sat on the bench, at a comfortable distance away from each other. The moon was shining brightly upon us.
"So......" I started
"Sungmin." Yesung said seriously. I slowly face him.
"Y-Yes?" I stutter.
"Sungmin...I just wanted to let you know......that as long as you're happy.....I'll be fine." he said to me.
"....What?......Y-You're not mad at me?" I said surprised. 
"why would I be mad at you?....For choosing Kyuhyun over me? Never. And for lying to me on making your decision whether or not to date me? No. Sungmin, I like you because you're nice, pretty.......and you care for the feelings of others rather than yourself.....You're a really thoughtful person Sungmin." he said calmly.
".......Seriously?" I said. He laughed.
"Yeah, Sungmin." he replied. I sighed in relief.
"Oh~ That's such a relief....I thought I lost another person in my life who's important to me....." I say sadly.
"Another?......Oh yeah, Kyuhyun........He left...." Yesung said.
"......yeah." I say, looking at the ground. Yesung noticed my sadness.
"....It's okay Sungmin. I'm sure something just came up...." Yesung suggested. I looked at Yesung.
"What could have possibly came up?....He just.......doesn't love me anymore." I say quietly, in almost a whisper.
"Come on Sungmin. Don't be like that. Don't give up either. I'm positive that he'll come back."
"And what makes you think that?" I ask him.
"...Well....anything's possible as long as you don't give up. At least that's how my music teacher taught me. I was learning how to hit that high note with my voice, but because my low voice, it was almost impossible. It was before my concert too. Even the day before the concert, I still couldn't hit the note." he said.
"And what happened?"
"At the day of the concert, during my song, the high note part almost came up. I saw my music teacher sitting at the crowd, looking at me, proud. He wasn't expecting me to hit the note, but he knew that I would try. And finally, after gathering up all of my confidence, I did it." 
"...Wow, that's really something Yesung.."
"Yeah....so in life......you always have to try to hit that high note.....And I'll be always sitting there in the crowd, guiding you the steps of the way Sungmin. No matter what happens." he said while looking at me. I really felt so touched. 
"...Thanks Yesung....But I don't think Kyuhyun would allow this." I said smiling.
"Oh? And why is that?" he asked.
"Well, according to Donghae, Kyuhyun told Hae to take care of me, while he's gone in China.....and to make me stay away from you, as far as possible." I giggled.
".......Of course.....but wait. That's a hint right? He still cares for you." 
"I guess so.....but he could have told Donghae that long before Kyu left. So I guess that doesn't apply anymore..."
"Well if it did apply, I'll remember to tell Kyuhyun that you don't have to stay away from me since I'll be a caring oppa to you too..........and while I'm telling him, I'll be sure to bring a helmet and some protective gear too." he said. We both laughed.
"Haha~ I would have suggested that too." I say to him.
"Yeah.....anyways Sungmin. It's getting late. You should get going to bed." he told me. We both stood up.
"Yeah, you too Yesung. Anyways, I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked him.
"Mhm, I'll see you tomorrow too. Good night." I say to him.

We bid our farewells and left the garden. I go up to my dorm, feeling sad and depressed all of a sudden. Talking about Kyuhyun like that really makes me feel emotional. But like Yesung said, I mustn't give up on trying to hit that high note.......But then again, will it be alright if my voice cracks at the end?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEOHYUN'S POV

I was on the living room couch, doing my nails as usual. I then see Sungmin at the door, coming in all depressed and . I have to admit, it was a little bit sad seeing her down....and I don't know why.
"Sungmin." I call out to her. She turns to me.
"Hm?"she says quietly.
"....Why did Kyuhyun leave to China?" I asked her.
".........I don't know....." she said, looking towards the ground.
"..Is that so?.....Well...why are you so sad about it?....It's not like.....you were.....in love with him?" i tested her.
"No, it's nothing like that Seohyun. Anyways, good night." Sungmin said as she went into her room and closed the door behind her.

I flip out my phone and called my ZhouMi unnie to notify her.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ZHOUMI'S POV

My homephone rang and picked it up, wondering who it is.
"Hello?" I said.
"Zhoumi unnie!" the person said. I easily recognized it was Seohyun. My dear, gullible dongsaeng. Haha, I totally forgot about her. She must be confused after Kyuhyun left like that. Poor girl didn't get him.
"Ah~ Seohyun-ah~" I call out to her.
"ZhouMi unnie! Kyuhyun left to China! Did you know?! Our plan went in another direction so quickly~" she whined.

Hmm, what should I say to her? Kyuhyun's with me now?...No, that would break the girl's poor heart and she would beg her father to bring Kyuhyun back.....Maybe....I should play with this little girl even longer.....

"Oh~ Is that so?...." I said.
"Yeah, you said I could have Kyuhyun after we got him and Sungmin separated and he loses his job. But now that he's in China, what do we do now?
"Actually, Kyuhyun called me that he was going to China." I said to her.
"Really unnie?? Why did he go then?!" she asked.
"He told me he was going there to start a new life. Now that he lost his job in Korea." I lied to her.
"Is that so?....I feel so bad now unnie.....I made Sungmin and Kyuhyun break up, made Kyu lose his job....and now made him move into a different country?...Should I go tell my father--?"
"--No, you shouldn't! If Kyuhyun did come back to the university, wouldn't that ruin the reputation of the school since he dated Sungmin, a student, before? And Kyuhyun wanted to move to China to get a new job and earn more money. He said it would be better off." I lied to her.
"Oh....." she said, with a hint of sadness.
"But don't worry my dongsaeng.....he said he'll come back to Korea." 
"Seriously?! When?!" she said with excitement.
"Not soon. But he sure will."
"Ah~ that's great unnie!"
"Yep, anyways, I'll call you soon. I'm going to bed now." I say to her.
"Oh okay~ Thank you unnie and goodnight~"
"Mmkay, goodnight." I say farewell.

I hang up my phone and a smile crept up my face. He'll come back to Korea for sure.......after I declare him as my lover, that is.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUNGMIN'S POV

Minutes turned into hours, and hours turned into days. Days turned into weeks. It has been weeks after Kyuhyun's departure. There's no doubt I was still depressed over the fact. Of course there was Donghae and Yesung here to cheer me up at times. Donghae got a new girlfriend, Eunhyuk. She's sweet and playful, which fits Donghae perfectly. Yesung introduced me to his friend, Ryeowook. She was very petite and pretty. Sometimes....people have to get new lovers too.

"Hello Yesung-oppa! And who is this?...." she said while looking at me. I sighed before answering her.
"I'm.....Yesung's girlfriend."

 

A/n: SORRY FOR LATE UPDATE ;-; I HATE SCHOOL AND HOMEWORK. That is all. Enjoy reading the last couple chapters~