Chapter Eight

Number One

Everybody Attention Please

 

I sat in the library working on a group project with Taecyeon for our Government class. 

“Go talk to him.” Taecyeon asked. 

“Who?” I ask. 

“You know who Misuk.” He sighed as he jotted down more notes. 

“Did he put you up to this?” I ask, dropping my pencil onto my notebook. 

“To tell you the truth, he hasn’t talked … to anyone, in weeks. You’d here a grunt or a nod once or twice, but never a word. Misuk, I’m getting worried. What happened to cause this? Jiyong? Are you really sure that your friendship with him was worth throwing away for Jiyong? Misuk, I heard Jiyong’s a heartbreaker, he always breaks up with all his girlfriends after two months. I don’t want you to be one of those girls. You’re more special than them.” He grabbed my hand and gave it a small squeeze. “I also hate seeing him broken.

Not again.” He sighed and stood up. “Let’s work on this again tomorrow, I’m going to be late for work.” 

I stared at my notebook, trying to process what Taecyeon told me. I grabbed my phone and looked at my cellphone chain that Jiyong bought me a few weeks ago. He said it was for our 2nd month anniversary. It was a pink little bunny. Jiyong has the same bunny, but it was blue. Is it true what they’re all telling me?

“I heard they’ve been going out for 3 months now.” A girl whispered. 

“Really?! I heard he always breaks up after his girlfriends after 2 months.” Her friend replied. 

“Really?! Whats so special about her? He usually dates really gorgeous ones. Remember Sohee?” 

“Yeah, but she’s such a total , always wearing short skirts and low cut blouses. She made herself look totally easy. I hated it when she talked, it sounded like someone scraping their nails on a chalkboard.” 

“It doesn’t matter, he always breaks up with them. No matter what … I wish he would pick me next … “ 

I snapped out of my thoughts. 

They are all rumors. I won’t let rumors get into my head. I grabbed my notebook and threw it into my backpack. Goodness, why am I suddenly so nervous and afraid? I walked out of the library and started to make my way towards the cafeteria. I walked past an abandoned classroom. 

I stopped at my tracks.

“That’s why they dubbed you as the “Heartbreaker”, huh Ji?”

“Always.” 

“But why her?”

“I made a bet with Seung Hyun a few months ago. Sounded like fun.” He smirked.

 ”You know she has that best friend, Jaebeom?” 

“So? He abandoned her, this is going to be easy.”

“I heard he was in a gang.”

“Yeah and I’m the tooth fairy.” 

I started running. I didn’t know where I was going to go, but I needed to go somewhere far away from here.

Suddenly, tears started to pour onto my face.

They were right.

He was right.

I’m so stupid.

“Misuk!”

Its that voice that I never heard from in a while.

I stopped running.

“Jay?” I turned around to see his face.

“What happened?” He asked. 

“You were right.” I said, wiping my tears.

He looked at me confused.

I fell on the ground. I started to punch the floor.

“How could I be so stupid?! I hate myself.” I cried, as I punched the floor even more. 

He grabbed my arms and pulled me up, into his arms.

“I wish I wasn’t right Misuk.” He said, hugging me tightly. 

“I-I-“ 

“You love him huh?” He asked. 

I buried my face onto his shoulder. 

He chuckled. “You always hide your face when I guess right.” He sighed. 

All of a sudden, he picked me up bridal style.

“W-where are we going?” I asked. 

“Somewhere far.” He said. 

We passed through a hallway filled with students. I heard all of them gasp as we made our way through the hall. 

“YEAH! GO JAY! I KNEW YOU WOULD ALWAYS END UP!” 

“WOO JAYSUK FOR LIFE!” 

I heard him laugh at what a lot of guys were yelling as we made our way towards the entrance. I couldn’t help but laugh as well. I miss us hanging out. I miss us always together, having fun doing whatever. 

“I’m sorry Jaebeom.” I said.

“For what?” 

“For …” 

“You don’t need to say sorry Misuk. I was never mad at you.” 

“If I was in your position, I would have been so mad.” 

He stopped walking. He slowly let me down and looked me in the eyes. 

“I can’t ever be mad at you, Misuk, I tried. You don’t know how much I tried hating you, being angry at you, I just couldn’t.” He placed both his hands on my shoulders. 

“Why?” I asked softly. 

“Because.” 

“Because what?”

“I love you.” 

Did I hear him right?

“W-what?”

I love you Misuk.”

{Jiyong POV} 

I got out of the classroom after chatting with one of my old classmates from my old school. As I got out, I saw a large amount of students in the hallways, cheering and whooping. I approached one of my classmates, Mir, and asked him what happened. 

“That Jaebeom dude was running towards the entrance with Misuk in his arms. Personally, I thought that they were better off together, even though Misuk and that Jiyong dude were pretty cute together …” He turned around to see it was me. “Oh … hey Jiyong, I uh, I have to go talk to … HER!” He pointed at one of our other classmates, Annie and pulled her arm and started to walk away. 

I looked towards the entrance and saw them both getting out of the school. I managed to walk towards them without anyone noticing. 

He stopped carrying her and placed her onto the ground. They were talking for a little while, and he looked straight into her eyes. 

My hands clenched into fists. 

Wait, why am I getting angry, I’m just playing her. She means nothing. 

He leaned closer to her face. 

What the flying-

Wait, why am I getting so affected towards this? 

She hugged him. 

I started to smile. A mischievous even. Things are going to get even more interesting. 

I took out my phone, and started to take pictures.

Why am I doing this?

Cause I am Gossip Man.