Chapter Fifteen

Number One

I Will Give You More

I pulled at the front door of the cafe I worked at, it was closed.

"Seunghyun is usually here around this time." I muttered under my breath, looking for the keys in my bag. Its not in here. I looked at all of the pockets, and it wasn't there.

Seungri.

I dialed his number on my phone and waited for him to pick up.

"Noona?"

"Yah, Seungri, where are my keys for the cafe?!" I yelled into the phone.

"Calm down Noona! I just woke up. Gah, my perfect ears broken." He whined on the phone.

"Where are my keys?" I repeated.

"Noona …" He paused. "I think its best if you don't go to work anymore."

"Seungri, I NEED this job." I said.

"Noona, I- I told Jiyong hyung that you're living with Jaebeom."

"So?! Its not like he cares about me. He PLAYED me. I don't mean anything to him Seungri. So why would it matter if I worked at Seunghyun's cafe?" I fumed, tears were about to burst from my eyes.

"I-I think he loves you Noona. H-he's really twisted but I think he does."

"Yeah, what a great way to show his affection for someone he loves." I spat, remembering what had happened days ago.

"Just … lay low for a while Noona, I'll try to find you a job." He said.

I sighed, I won't win against him.

"Fine." I mumbled and turned off my phone.

I started to walk away from the place and made my way back to Jaebeoms house.

 I wanted to cry. Everything is just happening way too fast and I don't know if I could ever see things the same way ever again. Everyone was right. Everyone I knew that I held dear to told me I should have been more cautious, that I should be more careful.

But I listened to my heart. I just had to.

I touched my face and realized I was crying. Great.

Suddenly I was pulled into a hug.

"We don't want any of your future fans to see you crying. Unless you're on stage crying of happiness." A familiar voice said.

I looked up and it was Jaebeom. I wiped my tears and playfully hit his chest.

"You ." I muttered.

"I'm just trying to save you from the crazy fans. If they see a picture of you crying, you're toast." He chuckled.

"Wait, how did you know I was here?"

"I …. followed you." He said.

"What?!" I yelled, pulling away from his hug.

"I just wanted to make sure you were safe and stuff. And you didn't have keys to the house soo …."

"Okay, okay, true. I'll let you off the hook for stalking me."

"Excuse me? The Park Jaebeom stalk you? Its called being the bestest friend ever." He smiled proudly.

I smiled at him.

"Yeah, you are the greatest friend ever." I said.

"You know it." He crossed his arms and nodded.

"Loser." I laughed.

"Lets go." He said, grabbing my hand.

"Where?"

"I'm hungry."

--

"YAH JAY!" I yelled, wiping the water from my face.

"I told you to duck!"

"You are so immature!" I laughed, throwing crumpled napkins at him.

"Just another way of telling me that I'm awesome." He smiled.

"You're so weird." I sighed, sipping on my drink.

We were waiting for the food to arrive and the smart Park Jaebeom thought it would be great if he spat out water from his straw into the plant that was behind me.

"The foods almost here, just wait like a normal person."

"Eh, thats not fun."

Moments later, the waitress placed our foods in front of us.

She placed Jaebeoms food in front of him, while she practically threw my plate onto the table.

"If you need anything, just call." She winked at Jaebeom.

"Wow, I shouldn't ever eat out with you. I always get treated like this." I muttered, stabbing the pasta.

"Not my fault I'm so hot."

I threw another crumpled piece of napkin at him.

"Yah, just eat." I muttered, chewing the yummy goodness that is cheesy pasta.

I look at Jaebeom and his face was already covered in spaghetti sauce. He was eating his food happily, looking like an innocent five year old.

"Wow Jay." I said, as I start to wipe his face.

"I feel like your Umma." I chuckled, getting the last bit of sauce off of his face.

"Blah, the foods good I don't care." He said getting pasta sauce all over his face once more.

I shook my head and started to eat my food once again.

We ate in silence for a few minutes when Jaebeom placed his fork down.

"I missed this." He said.

I looked up and he was wiping his face.

"Missed what?"

"Us. Our friendship." He said.

"I hated the fact that we didn't speak with one another for a whole year. I felt like a mess Misuk. My best friend wasn't by my side and I felt really … broken. I felt like a part of me was gone."

I felt tears in my eyes.

"But I'm glad we can pick up right where we left off. I'm glad that even a year has passed and we can still be best friends." He smiled, grabbing my hand.

"Just don't do it again."

I looked at him and quickly wiped the tears from my eyes before they fell on my face. I laughed lightly and nodded my head.

"I won't. I'm sorry." I said.

"Yah, stop crying. You cried way too much today. You might lose all of that water in your body. You know that our body is 75 percent water? If you keep crying you'll lose it all!"

"Aish, finish your food." I said, slapping his hand.

--

We left the restaurant and we both paid half for our food. We got into his car and started to drive home.

His phone started to ring.

"Yo."

"Uh … eh. Okay fine." He said and closed his phone.

"You want to go to a party?" He asked.

"What kind?"

"A … party."

"Jay …"

"Don't tell me you forgot it was Taekyeons birthday?!"

"Omo." I gasped. I completely forgot!

"Aish, failed friend you are."

"Fine, fine I'll go." I said.

"Good." He smiled and made a U-Turn.