Chapter Twenty-Five

Number One

 Tired Love

 

We held hands the whole drive back to the city. Every time I'd move my hand he'd hold just a bit tighter. 

 

 

"I'm not taking any chances." Jiyong said. 

 

"On what? Me leaving? We're in a moving viechle. I'm not going to up out of the car Jiyong." I laughed. 

 

"I let you go once,  I'm not going to again." He said. 

 

"Keep your eyes on the r-road." I said, trying hard not to blush. The sun was setting, I felt the cool breeze as I looked outside the window. The sky was orange with a hint of dark purple, the clouds were blue with a hint of red, it looked so beautiful. 

 

"Are you going to get that?" Jiyong asked. 

 

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him. 

 

"Hmm?" I asked. 

 

"Your phone, its ringing." He said, keeping his focus on the road. 

 

"Oh." I grabbed my phone from the cup holder. It was Jay.

 

"Yeah?" I asked. 

 

"Where are you?" 

 

"I already told you, I'm going to eat dinner with my mom." I told him. 

 

"Yeah, I'm with her right now." 

 

"But its only 5." 

 

"She has to leave at 8:30, where are you Misuk?" Jaebeom asked. 

 

"Don't worry about that, I'll be there soon." I said and hung up. 

 

"Are we almost there?" I asked Jiyong. 

 

"Yeah, just 10 more minutes. Who was that?" He asked. 

 

"That was Jaebeom." I said. 

 

"Why did he call you?" He asked. 

 

"He's with my mom right now and asked me where I was." I replied. 

 

"But why didn't your mom call you instead of him?" 

 

"I don't know." I answered. 

 

"We just have to be there soon, my mom has to leave in 3 and a half hours." I said. 

 

He scrunched up his face and nodded. 

 

"Okay." He replied. 

 

The rest of the car ride was awkward silence. We didn't talk but we held hands the whole time. I tried to strike up a conversation, but I was too chicken. A few minutes later the city life of Seoul danced around my eyes. Bright neon lights were blinking at my face and zooming cars were passing by us. 

 

"Where do I drop you off?" He asked. 

 

"Daesungs restaurant- wait- drop me off?" I asked him. 

 

"Yeah, I don't think I should go to dinner with you." He said. 

 

"Why? Its fine, my mom knows you, she's probably expecting you." 

 

"Just a certain someone also being there won't like my presence." Jiyong replied. 

 

"Jaebeom? Don't think like that Ji, just go with me." 

 

He smiled and shook his head. 

 

"I just don't want trouble right now. I'll make it up to you tomorrow, I'll pick you up." He said. 

 

I sighed and nodded my head. 

 

"Okay." 

 

We stopped in front of LITE.

 

"Thanks for the ride and for today." I told him. I gave him a hug and kissed him on the cheek. 

 

"Only on the cheek?" He pouted. 

 

I chuckled and gave him a quick peck on the lips. 

 

"There, that should be enough." I giggled and took of my seatbelt. 

 

He pouted and stuck his tongue out. 

 

"I'll get more tomorrow." He smiled. I got out of his car and closed the door. 

 

"Bye Jiyong." I said, waving at him. 

 

"Bye Love." He said as he drove away. 

 

I felt my heartbeat speed up when he said 'Love'. 

 

"Misuk." I looked around and it was Jaebeom. Did he see all that?!

 

"Hi Jaebeom." I said. 

 

"You were with Jiyong? This whole day? Is that why you wouldn't answer my calls?" 

 

"J-jay-" 

 

"What kind of lie did he tell you now? God, Misuk, please don't tell me you're back with him." He groaned. 

 

"Yes, I was with him this whole day and its not your business if I am or not. Now, wheres my mom?" I asked him, angry. 

 

"She's gone." 

 

"WHAT?!" I yelled. 

 

"I lied. She already left." He looked down at his shoes. 

 

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME JAEBEOM!" 

 

"You were too busy with Jiyong, thats why." He said bitterly. 

 

I felt like crying, my mom already left and I didn't get a chance to tell her everything. 

 

I started to walk away. 

 

"Where are you going?" Jaebeom grabbed my arm. 

 

"Away from you." I tore my arm from his grasp and started walking again.

 

"Wait, MISUK WAIT!" He yelled out from behind me. He grabbed my arm once more. 

 

"Don't be with him." He said. 

 

"Who are you to tell me-" 

 

"You're going to pick him … over me, again? Even after all we've been through? All those years of our friendship, gone just for him?" He said. 

 

"I don't even think this is about our friendship anymore Jaebeom. It sounds like you're pissed off at the fact that you were too late. Yes, we've been through a lot and we have known each other almost our whole lives, but what did you do during those years?" I felt tears well up at the corners of my eyes. 

 

"I love you Jaebeom, I really do, but I only love you as a friend. I'll admit before, I might have had feelings for you, but your time is up. You waited for too long." I pulled my arm away from him once more. 

 

"You're my best friend in the whole world Jay, but my heart beats for Jiyong." I said. 

 

I walked away from him, tears spilling from my eyes. I couldn't believe I just said that to him. 

 

"I'm sorry Jaebeom." I whispered. 

 

- - - 

 

I got a taxi to drive me home. I instantly walked into my room and fell on the bed, hugging the pillow in front of me. 

 

I felt so tired and so overwhelmed. 

 

I have t get out of here as soon as possible. I have to or else things will get worse. I got up from my bed and changed my clothing into some pj's. I went into the bathroom and washed my face to take off my makeup. I got out of the bathroom and noticed the light in Jaebeom's room was on. 

 

"He's home." I mumbled. I made m way to my room and closed the door. 

 

I saw the screen of my phone was lighting up, I grabbed it and looked at the message. 

 

Thinking of you. I miss you. - Ji

 

I smiled and texted him back. 

 

I miss you too! I can't wait for tomorrow. Goodnight (: 

 

I placed my phone on the table and tucked myself in. I closed my eyes and instantly feel asleep.