Chapter Twenty-Two

Number One

Too Late to Run Away

 

I stared at the ceiling replaying our kiss. I touched my lips and my heart beat faster. I closed my eyes and groaned.

"Aish, I'm so confused." I muttered out, sitting up on the bed.

I propped my elbows onto my knees with my head in my hands.

"Gahhh." I sighed.

Then I realized. I looked up.

"Why am I confused anyways?" I scratched my head.

"Jiyong doesn't care about me." I said.

If he didn't why would he try to talk to me?

"Yah, Kim Misuk don't try to give yourself hope. He played you." I told myself out-loud.

I grabbed my pillow and yelled in it.

I suddenly heard a knock on my door. I froze in my bed.

"Y-yes?" I said.

"Are you okay? I heard screaming." Jaebeom said from the other side of the door.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." I replied.

"Oh, okay. Well, goodnight." He said.

I heard his footsteps fade away, and I sighed. I should go to bed, I'll deal with this tomorrow.

--

"Yo."

I groaned and pulled up the covers to my head.

"Yah!" I heard.

I ignored it and tried to go back to sleep.

"Wake up!"

I grabbed my pillow and threw it to where ever the noise was. I went back to sleep.

"Yah, Kim Misuk you better wake up or else I'll tickle you!" I immediately open my eyes and sit up straight on my bed.

Jaebeom was sitting on the foot of the bed, grinning widely.

I scratched my head and yawned.

"I hate you." I muttered.

"Good morning to you too." He cheerfully said.

"Now, lets go. Up, up, the food is getting cold. Haha, I'm kidding I didn't make breakfast." He said.

"Yah, JAEBEOM." I yell, about to hit him with my other pillow.

"I forgot to say, your Umma is coming in 10 minutes." He flinched.

I immediately jumped of my bed and ran to my dresser.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER?!" I yelled, trying to find something to wear.

"I did, but you were too hard to wake up." He said.

"Aish. When did she tell you?!" I muttered, running to the bathroom.

"She called a while ago, she wanted to surprise you but then realized that you might still be sleeping so she called." He said, before I closed the door.

--

I got out of the bathroom, my hair was still damp, I just took the fastest shower of my life. I didn't have time do anything to my face, I quickly applied eyeliner and wore my white dress with black embroideries at the bottom that had a big black bow in the middle and a grey cardigan.

I went inside my room again to put away my dirty clothes and heard the doorbell ring. I take a look in the mirror once more and quickly get out of my room. Jaebeom opened the door and I quickly stand next to him.

"Umma!" I yell out, hugging my mom instantly.

"Yah, your hair is still wet, you just woke up, huh?" She said.

I smile, embarrassed and drop my head down.

"I'm just kidding, I missed you so much!" She said, hugging me once more.

This time, I hugged my umma tighter, I really did miss her. Its been a year since I've seen her as well.

"Aunty!" Jaebeom said.

"Ah, Park Jaebeom, you've grown into a handsome young man." She smiled, hugging him.

He smiled at her and slightly bowed.

"Lets go." Umma said.

"Is Jaebeom going?" I asked her.

"A-actually I can't go. I have to go somewhere. You guys go. It was nice seeing you again Aunty." He said.

"Oh, okay. I'll see you later Jay." I said.

We walked out of the house, Jaebeom closed the door.

"Where to?" I ask my umma.

"I heard about this really nice restaurant." She said as we walked to her car.

--

She parked the car in front of this small, modern looking building. The name of the restaurant was "LITE". We both stepped out of the car and walked towards the building. We entered the place and sat on one of the tables. A waiter immediately gave us menus and gave us coffee.

The waiter came back to get our orders and I ordered the breakfast platter while my mom ordered belgian waffles with the chocolate parfait.

I took a sip of my coffee and looked around the restaurant.

My eyes almost popped out of my eye sockets and I burned my tongue from the coffee. I drop the cup onto the table and started to cough.

"Are you okay?" my umma asked, running towards my side with her napkin in her hand.

"I-I'm fine Umma." I wiped my face, coughing.

She sat back in her seat and gave me a strange look.

"The coffee was too hot." I lied, laughing.

She shook her head and took a sip on her cup.

I look around the restaurant again to confirm what I saw.

"Aish." I said in my head.

Kwon Jiyong was on the opposite side of the restaurant.

"Just my luck." I said under my breath.

I look again in his direction and he was staring right at me.

"OH MY GOD." I exclaim in my head. I immediately duck my head down.

The waiter came back with our food.

"Hope you enjoy." He said.

"T-thank you." I drop my head down and start to dig in my plate. I just stuffed my face with whatever that was on the plate and didn't look up.

"Misuk. At that rate, you will choke, slow down." My umma said.

"I-I'm just really hungry." I smiled. I look up and … OH MY GOD. NO.

HE WAS WALKING TOWARDS US.

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

"Eomeoni!"

Oh my goodness.

 

--

 

*Eomeoni - Mother