Chapter Twenty-Three

Number One

Such a Beautiful Day

part. 1

 

"Oh Jiyong! How are you!" My umma said, standing up and hugging Jiyong. I was feeling really sick all of a sudden.

"Yebbo!" He said, hugging me and sitting next to me. He instantly grabbed my hand and smiled at my mom.

"Misuk didn't tell me that you were going to visit! I could have joined you guys." He said.

I wanted to crawl into a hole right now.

"Oh, she didn't know till a few minutes ago either. I wanted to surprise her." My mom giggled, if only she knew.

Jiyong chuckled and smiled.

"Well, it was really nice seeing you. I'm sorry I can't stay long, I have errands to finish today." He said standing up.

"Bye." I flatly said out.

"Yah, Misuk, don't be shy, go outside and say good bye to your boyfriend." My mom urged.

"B-" Jiyong grabbed my hand and we both walked out of the restaurant.

I stood outside, not saying anything.

"Why didn't you tell her we-"

"It didn't come up, okay? And I was going to tell her but you had to do that stunt you did." I said.

"We have to put up a good show now, won't we?" He said, grabbing my waist.

"Wh-what are you doing?!" I yell, pushing him away.

He smirked and held me tighter.

"Just saying goodbye to my beautiful girlfriend." He said, kissing me on the cheek.

He let go of me and walked to his car. I stood there dumbfounded with what he did. I held my cheek as he drove away.

"Aish." I muttered and walked back inside the restaurant.

- - - -

After the breakfast, my mom told me she had to go somewhere and that she'll meet with me and Jaebeom later for dinner before she left back to go to our hometown.

"Yah, Umma! Why didn't you tell me you went with your friends?!" I whined, holding onto her arm.

"Because you would do exactly this! Don't worry its just a short show, I'll be back in time for dinner with you and Jaebeom." She said, hugging me.

"Fine, fine." I mumbled.

What was I going to do for today?

"Jagiya." Suddenly, I felt two arms wrap around my waist.

"Ah, Jiyong, thank goodness you're here. I have to go, you take care of Misuk now." My mom said, as she entered her car.

I stood there frozen in Jiyongs arms, he rested his chin on my shoulder and nodded his head.

"Will do!" He said.

We both stood there, me in his arms until my mom left the parking lot and drove to another direction. Once that had happened, I instantly rip myself away from Jiyong and fix my clothing.

"Yah, what is with you?" I say, fixing my hair.

"Can't I be with my girl-"

"I am not your girl." I cut him off, suddenly walking away.

I instantly get pulled back into his chest, his cologne filling up my senses.

"Can we please talk? Please?" He said, as he held me in his arms.

I rest my head on his chest and heard his heartbeat. It soothed me for some reason, so I nodded my head yes.

"Yes." He said, wrapping his arms tighter around me. I can't deny I missed this.

We both walked inside the restaurant and sit down on one of the tables.

"Is it okay if we just sit here?" I ask him.

"Its fine, its Daesung's restaurant, we can stay how ever long we want to." He said.

"Oh." So thats why LITE sounded familiar, that dork.

I look at Jiyong and he was staring back at me. I avert my gaze somewhere else and I felt his hands hold mine.

"I-I'm sorry." He started.

"Ji-"

"Let me finish, please? I'll say everything I have to say, then I'll let you storm out, but let me finish first." He said.

"Okay." I nodded my head.

"I'm an as.shole, I'm a jerk; I know all of that. And I know you'll never forget me with what I did, but please know that I have sincere feelings for you." He started.

I bit my lip.

"Its true, that our relationship started out as a bet during high school, I know it sounds like I ripped this off from a drama, but I fell in love with you." He paused, and smiled.

"You stole my heart Misuk. I sound like a love sick puppy that's stealing bits from cheesy love songs, but its true. You stole my heart and I don't want it back. I want you to keep it."

I was about to say something when he started to talk once more.

"I'm an idiot for not telling you sooner about it and its because I was afraid. I was afraid you'd leave me because you wouldn't believe me if I said this. I know I hurt you so badly and I wish I could take it all away. I wish you didn't have to see that stupid video, even worse, on our anniversary."

He remembered.

"I just want to tell you that I didn't mean to hurt you and that through those moments with you for the past year and 3 months, it was the best time of my life. And if you want me to leave you alone, I will. If you want this to be our last time to see each other, I will disappear from your life. I just wanted to tell you this." He said, letting go of my hands.

I couldn't say anything.

"H-he loves me?" I said inside my head. I felt my throat close up, I didn't know what to say if I could say something, anything.

He sighed and stood up.

"I said what I could say." He said.

"W-wait." I said, grabbing his hand. He looked back at me. I stood up and took a deep breath.

"I-I don't know what to tell you Jiyong. For the whole time we were together, you lied to me. I don't know if I could wholeheartedly believe what you said." I said.

"But I still like you, and thats for certain." I added in my head.

"Just give me another chance?" He said.

"I-I just don't know." I said.

"How about today? Its such a beautiful day, a perfect day to prove myself." He said.

"Misuk, will you go on a date with me, just for today?" He said.

"One day won't make me instantly fall back in love with you." I said.

"I only need one moment to do that." He said, suddenly leaning his face closer to mine.

I felt my face heat up.

He smiled and grabbed my hand.

"Lets go."