Chapter Twelve

Number One

Hey guys! Hope you like this chapter and yes from here on, it will be the present. the first 10 chapters were the past.

I Need You

I woke up with a headache, I sat up straight and started to massage my temples to ease the pain a bit. I rubbed my eyes open and stretched my arms.

I started to stretch my legs when I accidentally kick something. I look at the foot of my bedroom and I see Jaebeom sleeping at the end. His mouth was open and he was drooling. Both of his arms were sprawled over his head and his feet were dangling from the bed.

I kicked his sleeping state softly.

"MMMM." He mumbled, scratching his face, not fully waking up.

"Jaebeom." I said.

"Neh, neh, I'll go and feed the dog's later mom." he mumbled.

"Wake up Jay!" I said, getting up from the bed.

He turned a few times on the bed then fell fast asleep.

I stood up and poked his arm. He didn't even flinch.

I decided to leave him to sleep and made my way out of the room.

It was Jaebeom's house.

I closed the door quietly and made my way towards the kitchen. Piles and piles of plates were stacked in the sink and bottles of water were everywhere.

I shook my head and smiled.

"Same old Jay." I muttered and started to gather the bottles.

--

"I have food?!" I head Jaebeom exclaim from behind me.

"Now you do." I said, looking back at him.

"You were asleep for a while so I walked to the store and got some things." I said, stirring the fried rice.

Jaebeom sat on the counter and peered at the pan.

"So …. are we going to eat yet?" He asked, smiling like a child.

"Almost, why don't you go and put some plates on the table? Make yourself useful, Bum." I said.

"Whatever Babo." He said, getting down and grabbing two plates.

"Don't forget the utensils!"

"OKAY UMMA." He yelled.

I turned off the stove and grabbed the handle of the pan. I grabbed a bowl and placed the fried rice filled with pork and beef and vegetables and placed it in the middle of the table. I sat on one of the seats and grabbed the spoon and fork.

"Smells good!" Jaebeom exclaimed.

"Thanks." I said, grabbing the bowl and scooping some of its contents onto my plate. I gave the bowl to Jaebeom and he did the same for himself.

"Soo …."

"Hmm?" I ask him.

"Where are you going to stay?" He asked.

Oh.

"I-I don't know, I'll probably go back home. I-I'm thinking of leaving for a while."

"Misuk-"

"I have to Jaebeom."

"You can stay here."

"But-"

"I have an extra room, no problem." He said.

"Jay-"

"You can move into that creeps apartment but when its your best friend, you hesitate?" He snapped.

I drop my spoon and stare at him.

"I-"

"Misuk, what-"

"Can we not talk about this? Not right now?" I felt tears already trying to force itself out of the corner of my eyes.

"Fine, but you're staying here."