Chapter Twenty-One

Number One

Baby Goodnight

 

We both sat inside a noodle shop not uttering a single word. I looked down at my lap and played with my fingers.

"Misuk." He said.

My heart started to beat fast. His voice can still make me get butterflies in my stomach.

I slowly looked up at him.

He smiled faintly.

"Finally." He said.

"You're looking at me."

"A-aren't you going to tell my something?" I managed to say.

"M-Misuk I-"

"Please, Jiyong. Just leave me alone." I bit my lip.

"Let me ta-"

"I-I get it. You're feeling guilty. It-its fine really. I'm not mad at you, don't worry." I said.

"Misuk-"

"Really, I-I'm fine. If you're feeling bad, no worries." I said, trying to smile.

"I'm taking this as a lesson. I-I should be thanking you." I said, standing.

"Bye Jiyong." I said, running out of the restaurant. I felt the tears falling down my face.

"Misuk!" I heard him yell from behind me, I ran faster.

I wiped my face as I ran, not really paying attention to where I was running to, I just needed to get away from him.

"OMPFH." I groaned, rubbing my head. I hit something.

"Aish, watch where you're going Misuk, you'll get tons of bumps on your head if you don't."

I looked up and it was Jaebeom. I sunk my head on his shoulder.

"I was looking all over for you, you left your phone in the store, pabo." He ruffled my hair.

"S-sorry." I mumbled, wiping my tears.

"Com'on." He said, grabbing my hand. He pulled me along with him through the busy sidewalk of the city.

After running a few miles, we stopped in front of a noraebang.

"Why are we here?" I asked him.

"To practice your awesome talent! Now com'on!" He said, pulling me inside the building.

We passed a couple of rooms filled with teenagers singing along with their friends and dancing around. We arrived in front of their biggest room.

"MISUK!" Aika yelled out, hugging me.

"Aika!" I said, hugging her back. Its been forever since I've seen her.

I looked around the room and Junho was with Irina sitting in the couch, Chansung and Taekyeon were on the floor slapping one another and Teddy was standing in the middle of the room holding the mic awkwardly.

"Its been forever!" She said.

"Yeah, sorry about that, haha." I scratched my head.

"Its okay, I'm glad I saw you after so long."

"Same here." I smiled at her.

Irina waved at me and signaled us to go inside the room.

"Noona!" irina yelled out.

"You're supposed to call her Unnie, yebbo -_-" Junho sighed.

"No, I like Noona more." She said, sticking out her tongue at him.

"I'm glad you're here!" Irina said, jumping up and down.

"Here you sing!" Irina grabbed the mic out of Teddys hand, leaving him shocked with his mouth wide open.

"Yah, you were hogging it Ahjusshi." She said.

Teddys eyes grew wide and was about to yell when Aika silenced him by putting her hand on his mouth.

"ADSGJDFKLGDFGJDMMPFH." Came out.

I started to laugh at what I was witnessing I didn't realize that Jaebeom picked out a song for me. It started to play and Jaebeom poked my arm.

"Your turn!" He said.

"W-wait … Whats the song!?" I panicked.

"Super Fly by Lexy." He said.

"NOW GO!" He said.

- - -

I finished the song and looked back at everyone. Everyone was silent and their eyes were big.

"Omo …"

"NOONA YOU'RE SO GOOD!" Irina yelled.

"YEAH!, THAT WAS REALLY AWESOME!"

"MISUKS A BEAST."

"YEAH!" Everyone started to clap.

"T-thanks." I said, feeling conscious.

I gave the mic to Taekyeon and sat on the couch. He started to sing Tell Me Your Wish.

"You were really good." Jaebeom said as he sat on the couch next to me.

"Thank you." I said.

He suddenly grabbed my hand.

"Uh …-"

"Misuk-"

"Noona com'on! Dance with us!" Irina pulled my free hand, pulling me up from the couch and out of Jaebeoms grasp.

I looked back at him and he weakly smiled at me. I suddenly felt butterflies in my stomach.

We sang to a couple more songs, and finally it was time for all of us to leave.

"I'm glad we hung out Noona." Irina said, hugging me.

"Yah, you hug her and not me?" Junho pouted.

"Shut up, I haven't seen my Noona in ages, I see you so much I grow tired." Irina said.

"Yah, I'm breaking up with you." Junho walked away.

"I was kidding! I can never get tired of your adorable face, YAH! LEE JUNHO DON'T YOU RUN AWAY FROM ME!" Irina yelled, running towards Junho.

"Yeah, I'm glad you hung out with us." Aika said, giving me a hug as well.

"Me too." I said, smiling at her.

"Well, have a safe trip home guys!" I said, walking out the building with Jaebeom.

We both walked towards his car in silence. The cold night breeze blew faintly, but I could feel the chill.

"You cold?" He asked, noticing me shiver.

"Just a little bit, my hands are kinda feeling frozen right now." I said, blowing into them, trying to create hot air.

He grabbed one of my hands and held it tight. His hand was warm.

"Now at least one of them is warm." He said, smiling at me.

"Thanks." I said, smiling back at him.

We both stopped in front of his car. We both stood in front of the drivers door and just stood there, holding each others hand.

"Jaebeom-"

He leaned closer.

"Misuk." He said, cupping my face.

"I-" Before I could say anything, his lips touched mine.

I closed my eyes.

--
You and him came out of the noraebang after the others left. I followed you both, I didn't know why, but I just did.

"You look like a total loser Jiyong." I told myself.

You’re with him now.
You seem happy.
Its like I care.


I took a deep breath.

He’s holding your hand; the hand I held before.
Tch, why do I care?


You both stopped next to his car, holding each others hands. I felt my fists clench and my heartbeat quicken.

"No, I-I don't care." I kept telling myself.

He’s .. he .. kissed you.

I closed my eyes.