Chapter Seventeen

Number One

Hope noona enjoys this chapter ;D

... Number One?!

He took of his mask and looked back. Then he looked back at me. He had golden blonde hair, his cheeks were defined and he had full lips.

"Do you know him?" He asked.

Jiyong was staring at me with disbelief.

I still miss you. I shook my head from that thought.

I dropped my mask onto the floor.

"J-Ji-" I stuttered, why was he here?!

The once masked man suddenly grabbed my hand and we both ran out of the house. I didn't know where we were going to go nor did I know him, but I'm just glad to leave this place, away from him.

We managed to run a few blocks away from the house before I felt like my lungs were to fall out of my chest.

"T-thanks." I huffed, my hands were on my knees, trying to normal my breathing.

He smiled at me.

"No problem. You looked really … scared." He said, taking a few deep breaths, then standing straight.

"Oh. Y-yeah. H-he's my ex. The guy behind you. We didn't end well." I said.

"Oh, well. He's one stupid person to let go of a person like you." He said, I felt my cheeks heat up.

"So … I didn't get your name." He said.

"I'm Misuk, you probably know since he said it earlier. Kim Misuk." I said.

"Pretty name, for a pretty girl."

I blushed, biting my lower lip to suppress a smile.

"Joon. Lee Joon." His name sounded really familiar.

"It's kind of, well, lame that we're standing here. You want to go somewhere else?" He asked.

"Where do you have in mind?" I said.

"Come on." He said, grabbing my hand.

--

Here I am at the mall with someone I just met, and the funny thing is, we're wearing our masks from the party. Well, he was. But he got another one from the store for me.

Why were we wearing our masks? I have no clue.

Why I'm following what he said? I have no idea.

"Com'on!" He yelled, walking into a crowd. He suddenly grabbed my hand before we entered the mob of people. I felt my hand tingling at his touch.

We got out of the crowd and was standing in front of the food court.

"Over there!" He yelled, pointing to the other end of the food court, there were tons of people gathering in one area.

We both ran towards the end of the food court and I noticed there were people dressed up and also wearing masks.

We stopped right in front of the stage and he pulled me towards the stage.

"W-wait what are we doing?" I asked him, but he was too engrossed in going on the stage.

"WELCOME TO THE BEST COUPLE MASQUERADE CONTEST! ANY MORE COUPLES?" The announcer said.

We both stood on the stage with other couples, they all had different colored masks and everyone was wearing weird outfits. Only me and Joon looked normal compared to others.

"Yah! Why did you take me here?" I ask him.

"You did say you were up for it." He whispered.

True, I did say that …

"But a couples contest? We aren't a couple!"

"Yet."

"Wait, what did you say?" I asked.

"I said, set -tle down …. o.o" He said.

I'm with an idiot right now.

"Okay so the couples here on stage are the ones you guys will choose who has the best mask and also the best 'couple' presence. Whoever gets the most applause will win!" The announcer said.

We were at the end of the line so each couple did something to make themselves have a more 'couple-like' presence.

It was our turn and Joon let go of my hand. I look up at him in confusion and he suddenly wrapped one of his arm on my waist and pulled me close to him.

"Raise up your hand like you're doing ballet." He whispered in my ear.

I didn't know what that really meant, so I raised my hand up like how I saw ballerinas raise their arms up when someone is carrying them. We both looked into each others eyes and stayed still for a few moments.

I heard 'oohs' and 'ahhs' from people and after that, a loud applause.

"Wow give it up for these two! You guys are the winners!" Joon suddenly twirled me around and we were both cheering.

Then there was silence.

"OMO IS THAT LEE JOON OF MBLAQ?!" A girl from the audience screamed out.

I looked down and saw his mask on the floor.

So thats why he sounded so familiar.

"Run." He instantly grabbed my hand and we both ran down the stage away from the crowd.

"Omgomgomgomgomgomgomg." I muttered as we ran.

Behind us was a mob of fangirls yelling out "LEE JOON! SARANG HAE!" and "DUMP HER I'M FOR YOU OPPA!"

We both ran towards the parking lot, in hopes of losing the mob. We hid behind a large wall and stopped there for to rest.

"Why didn't you tell me you were that Lee Joon?" I asked.

"You didn't ask." I slapped his arm.

We both stood behind the wall in silence.

"Sorry for that, I didn't expect my mask to fall off." He bitterly laughed, scratching his head.

"Its fine, today was actually fun." I said, smiling at him.

I heard my phone ring from my dress. I forgot there was a secret pocket at the hem of the dress.

"Hello?" I answered.

"YAH KIM MISUK WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! I TELL YOU TO STAY AND FIVE SECONDS LATER YOU'RE NOT HERE. WE'RE GOING BACK HOME, WHERE ARE YOU?!" Jaebeom yelled through the phone.

"YAH CALM DOWN YOU'RE BREAKING MY EAR DRUMS!" I yell. I regret yelling all of a sudden, the fangirls might still be here.

"I'm at the mall in the parking lot, pick me up here." I quickly say.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes, if you're not there I will call all of the police in Seoul to track you down." He hung up.

I shake my head and laugh.

"Jay." I laugh once more.

"So you have a ride home?" He asked.

"Y-yeah, my best friends going to pick me up."

"I see." He nodded. "Today was nice. I had fun." He smiled.

"Same here." I said.

Joon stood in front of me and held onto my shoulders.

"I hope to see you again Kim Misuk." He said, kissing my nose.

I froze and stared up at him.

what just happened?!

He grinned like an idiot and ran away.

To my left I saw headlights.

"YAH! WHO WAS THAT?!" It was Jaebeom.