Chapter Twenty

Number One

Thats My Obsession

"Aye Ji, you gotta come out." Seunghyun said over the phone.

"I'm not really feeling it right now. Maybe tomorrow."

Seunghyun groaned.

"Its been days. Get out of your apartment and go with me to the party. Its Taekyeons birthday. I want free food." He said.

"I don't even know him that well and if I remember correctly, he was close friends with Misuk during high school, and I don't want to get beaten up." I said.

"Its a masquerade party, no one will know its you." He said.

"Oh and wear something formal." He added before hanging up.

"Are you going to be there?" I said out loud.

I got up from my bed and walked into the bathroom to take a quick shower.

Why am I feeling like this?

Why am I acting like this? I'm f.ucking Kwon Jiyong.

I can get any girl I want, but why am I feeling like I lost everything.

I shook my head and stepped into the shower. I the water and thought I'd instantly feel the cold water hit my body, but I didn't feel it. I felt numb. I, Kwon Jiyong felt numb.

I shook my head and tried to get my mind off of this.

"I just feel bad." I muttered.

--

I got out of the shower and casually walked into my closet. I picked out my pink dress shirt and my navy blue suit jacket with my white pants. I quickly put it on and went outside my room. [image]

My phone started to ring.

"What?" I said.

"I'm down, now hurry." Seunghyun said.

I sighed and hung up my phone. I put on some random pair of shoes I had lying on my floor and hurriedly went downstairs.

--

We entered the his house, it was dark and everyone was eating. Seunghyun ran to the food table and left me alone. I felt out of place.

"Just don't think about it." I told myself. I sighed and walked inside the main room where everyone was.

I looked around the room and I saw her. She was sitting in one of the tables alone, eating her food.

She looked beautiful.

I stood there, not moving, just watching her. I couldn't move all of a sudden. I felt as if I was frozen on the spot.

She suddenly stood up and went outside to the balcony.

"Misuk?" I said in my head.

For sure I knew it was her. I knew it.

I followed her to the balcony when I saw she was already talking to someone else.

"Whats a pretty lady like you doing here all alone? Watch your back miss." He said.

I stood behind them, trying to calm down.

"Uh, excuse me? I think you're talking to the wrong person." She said.

"Not at all. Before I walked over here, I overhead some guys at the party talk about you."

I will go and personally kill those men.

She smiled sheepishly.

"Oh .. okay then." She replied.

"So, whats a girl doing here all alone? Your boyfriend is pretty crazy for leaving you here all alone."

I'll get psychotic if you don't leave her.

"He's not my boyfriend. And I'm alone cause I want to be." She said.

I choked on air.

She went here with Jay?

"Oh, so you're single?" He asked.

"And happy."

I felt my heart drop. I'm not supposed to feel like this.

I ran away from them, trying to find the bathroom. I felt sick.

"Damnit Jiyong, just admit it." My mind told me.

I found an empty room and sat on the bed. I calmed myself down, and finally stood up. I got out of the room and looked for her once more.

They were dancing in the middle of the room. His hands were dangerously low on her hips. I instantly walked over there, behind him and took off my mask. As I approached them, she took off her mask.

"Misuk?" I said.

She froze the instant she saw me. I wanted to grab her arm and talk to her but before I could, the guy already did that and ran away with her.

"Why was I acting like this?" I asked myself.

"Cause you're madly in love with her."

No. Kwon Jiyong does not fall in love.

Even if we were together for a year … I was not in love.

I was not.

{Misuk POV} Present time

"LET GO OF ME!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I tried to yank off the persons arms from my body but they held onto my waist tightly.

"Misuk." They said once more.

I recognized that voice. I stopped flailing.

I looked back and it was Jiyong.

I felt rage overcome me and I pushed him off of me.

"WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I yelled, backing away from me.

"I-I just need a moment with you." He said.

"No, no you don't." I said.

"Please, just a few minutes?" He asked.

I sighed. I'm going to regret this.

 

--

 

*note: when the title is italicized, it means its from the past, when its just normal, its present time.