Chapter Ten

Number One

Don't Act Like You're Surprised

 

I watched him walk away from me. I took a deep breath to calm myself down and sighed.

“I guess it is farewell Park Jaebeom.” I said. 

I patted my face and shook my head. 

I can’t cry! I need to stay strong and just smile. 

I saw Jiyong walking towards me. I ran up to him and hugged him. 

“Hey.” He said, wrapping his arms around my waist. 

“You and .. him okay?” He asked. 

“Yeah, I guess. Why?” I said, acting like nothing happened.

“Nothing, just wondering. So, ready for school?” He said.

I nodded my head and walked towards the passengers seat. I closed the door and clicked on my seatbelt. 

He smiled at me and turned the ignition on. 

As he drove to school, I couldn’t help but replay what happened moments ago.

I shook my head. Of course Jiyong cares about me! But … 

He’s just covering up!

He wouldn’t do that to me! He said he loves me! I pushed Jaebeoms idea in the back of my head. I don’t need to think about that, I don’t need to worry about anything. 

“We’re here.” He said, parking at the student parking of the school. 

I unlocked my seatbelt and opened the door. There weren’t many students around the front of the school. 

“Odd.” I thought. There’s usually groups of girls hanging around here to wait for Jiyong. 

“Lets go.” He said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. 

We walked into the school, I noticed a lot of students looking over at the bulletin. 

“Hey Ji, lets go check that out.” I said, pointing to the group of students encircling the bulletin board. 

“Okay.” He said. 

As we walked towards the bulletin board, many of the students started gasping and giving me weird looks. 

“Oh my-” I gasped. 

There was pictures of Jaebeom and I tacked onto the board. There was one picture where it looked like … 

I looked at Jiyong. 

“Ji …” I said. 

He didn’t look at me and started to rip off the pictures on the board. He grabbed my arm and dragged me away from the crowd.

Everyone stared at us when we made our way in the hallways. 

“Jiyong?” I said, as he pulled my arm towards an empty classroom. 

He sat on one of the desks and sighed. 

“I-I-“ 

“Its okay.” He smiled at me. “I know you didn’t do anything. Its just that, they now think you’re …” He sighed. 

He walked towards me and hugged me tightly. 

“We’ll get through this.” He said. 

He let go of me and tightly held my hand.

“Lets go to class?” He said. 

I nodded and we started to walk out of the classroom. 

Once we came out, people started to stare at our direction, the girls all gave me dirty looks.

“WHOEVER POSTED THOSE PICTURES OF MY GIRL AND JAEBEOM ARE LOSERS. MISUK AND I ARE NOT BREAKING UP. WE ARE STAYING TOGETHER. SO STOP TRYING TO PULL STUPID THINGS.” Jiyong yelled out. 

I was stunned. Everyone around us as well. 

I can’t believe that he actually said that. 

“You want proof?” He yelled. 

He kissed me on the forehead and then wrapped his arm around my waist. 

I heard a few girls groan and whine. 

He smiled at me and carried me bridal style. 

“Lets show the world Misuk.” He said before leaning towards my face.

I felt his lips on mine. He smiled, we heard everyone gasp. He pulled away from he and smiled.