Baby Steps

Dear Tofu

The next morning, you met up with Sehun at your train stop and went to school together.

"Did you see Tofu's new post? It was a huge hit! Over one thousands notes! People wants to know who this girl is," Sehun said excitedly. 

Of course, I know. "Really? I didn't expect that. Who knew," you shrugged.

Sehun sighed and rolled his eyes. "She's so cool! I don't understand why you don't check her out. She's just like you," he pouted.

That's because she is me. "I'm not into advice columns. I don't really need advice," you said stubbornly, but of course, it was just all acting.

"Bora, you're so stubborn! Ah, it's so cute," he pinched your cheeks, but in return, you ended up slapping his face. "I'm not a kid," you scolded him.

He just laughed it off. Staring and smiling at you on the train, he kind of creeped you out. "Why are you looking at me like that?" you gave him a disgusted face.

"Nothing, just curious on why you get uglier everyday," he teased you which only made you want to slap him again, but didn't get a chance to since it was your stop. 

Sehun smiled at you and grabbed your wrist to drag you out. As soon as the two of you went out, he immediately threw his arms around you. "Let's go!" he pointed towards your destination and gave you his one cheesiest smile.

Sometimes, I can't help but think he's the most adorable thing in the world.


Sehun had his arm over your shoulder and you couldn't reach his so wrapped yours around his waist. "When is your first class?" you asked him. "An hour," he answered plainly. "You?" he added.

You bit down your lips thinking about it. "Thirty minutes, but the professor never really pays attention to who's there. All he does is plays an English movie to help us with our English," you told him. 

Sehun's mouth dropped. "You're lying! Let's switch professors! My English teacher is a pain in the . We have to write a paper in English! It's like three pages," Sehun complained. "I have a foreigner as a professor," he pouted. 

Suddenly, you both bumped into someone. "Sorry," you said in synced with Sehun. "Um... it's... okay," the person murmured. 

"Hey! Didn't he go to our high school?" Sehun pointed out. You blinked at the person a few times and recalled a moment where you did see him before.

"Oh yeah! I remember him," you smiled him. "You do?" the person said with hopeful eyes.

"Baekhyun, right?" Sehun asked. "Didn't he hang out with your brother?" he added. 

You scratched your head. He did? "Uh, I'm not sure. I'm usually in my room when he has guest over... Or I'm out with you," you said unsure. "It's nice to see you though. Sehun, let's go. I want some tofu pancakes for breakfast! Yum!" you pulled on Sehun's sleeve and ran to the cafeteria. 

"Bye, Baekhyun!" Sehun looked back at him as you pulled him away and also mutter a quick goodbye.

Baekhyun stared at the two departing away from him. "Sehun, you're so lucky," Baekhyun sighed.

"That was rude, Bora," Sehun told you. "What was rude?" you asked him as you grabbed a plate to get your tofu pancakes.

Sehun followed by grabbing a plate as well. "Bora, you left and pulled me away without saying bye to Baekhyun," he pointed out. 

You rolled your eyes and took some chopsticks to grab some pancakes. "Look, Sehun. Who is he to me? Nothing. I don't even know the kid. That moment was probably so awkward for both him and I. You expect me to know who he is? My brother left me last year for America. I don't take any notice of his friends or anything," you shrugged.

"So, who do you pay attention to?" he asked you. You looked at him for a split second and began walking to a table. "My friends," you muttered. 

Sehun heard you saying that which made him smile to himself a bit since currently he was your only real friend. All of your other friends decided to study somewhere else after high school and was totally against going to Yonsei since they believed that it was impossible to get in.

You and Sehun studied so hard to get into this school before the entrance exam. It was quite thrilling for the two of you when you found out you both got in.

"Let's sit near the window," Sehun grabbed for your hand and lead you to the table.

When the two of you sat down, you seemed to have lost your appetite. "Bora, something wrong?" Sehun asked you. "No, just thinking about... how much I'm grateful to have you in my life. You're the greatest friend I could ever have," you smiled to yourself but didn't face him because you felt embarrassed.

"Just eat you weirdo. I'm not going anywhere. I'll always be here," Sehun chuckled and ruffled your hair from across the table. You pouted and glared at him. "Whatever. Nevermind. I take it back. Ugh, why are you in my life?" you joked and began eating your food. 

Sehun just kept looking at you as you ate. I'll never leave you. I can't leave you.


You walked into your Korean class and took a random seat next to someone. "Is the professor present?" you asked the person beside you.

The person beside you was stiff. It was like someone had shocked him and he couldn't bring himself back to reality. You finally turned to face him. "Oh, it's you," you said and pointed at him. "Baekhyun, right?" you asked to make sure you had gotten his name correct.

His cheeks were rosy. His lips were pink. His hair adjusted to the side to keep his little hairs coming into his big brown sparkling eyes. How could you haven't noticed him before? Oh right, you were too busy with your own group of friends to notice anyone else.

Baekhyun's lips curled into a slight smile. It was... cute. No. Handsome. You couldn't lie. You felt a small attraction to him, but it was nothing different from what you thought of Sehun when you first met him. It was just probably because you were dazzled by his good looks. Yeah, dazzled. Like how you met Sehun. You were dazzled.

"Oh, yeah. I'm Baek.. Um, I'm Baekhyun," he stuttered. You simply smiled at him, not knowing what other gesture to respond to his awkward stuttering. "I never knew you had classes with me," you pointed out.

His smile slowly faded away. "Um, I have four classes with you," he averted his eyes from making contact with yours. I knew she didn't notice me.

You awkwardly and slowly turned your head forward. "Oh, I must've never realized it. Sorry about that," you scratched the back of your head.

"It's alright. I didn't think you ever knew who I was in the first place," Baekhyun muttered. His volume just slowly deceased as he kept talking.

You ignored the last part, not wanting to ask what he had said since it might lead to awkwardness. Beginning to cough, you wanted to lighten up the mood. "Well, I hope we could be friends from now on... Um, since, you know, we don't really like... talk and all. But we do have the same classes, so maybe we could be friends," you slowly faced him to see his reaction.

His face wasn't readable. Baekhyun just sat there staring at his desk. Not saying one word.

"I mean, if you don't want to, that-"

Baekhyun immediately reacted. He whipped his head, facing her. "No! I want to. I want to be friends," he exclaimed. You didn't expect him to be this stoked to befriend you, but it wasn't like you didn't like it. To your own surprised, you felt good hearing him say it in that way.

A smile crept on your face. "Really?" you said as if you couldn't believe it yourself, but to Baekhyun, he almost felt like it was unbelievable.

It was so unrealistic that he even thought that Tofu had blessed him.

"Really," he said firmly. I'm talking to her. No, she talked to me first. We're talking. She wants to befriend me. Baby steps. I have to take baby steps. This is such a good start.


Author's Note: Sorry for any mistakes! Hope you guys like it and comment~ Ah, I'm so excited to write more. So, I'm asking you guys so far. Sehun or Baekhyun?

Edited on September 29th, 2014. Edited again on November 16th, 2014.