Airport

Dear Tofu

"Hey, Jongin. Do you have any idea of what Sehun might like for Christmas?" you asked him. Jongin chuckled to himself as he flipped the pages of his textbook because the thing Sehun wanted most was you, but obviously you were to dense to see that. 

It's been a while since you've been at Jongin's house. Usually, you were here to hang out with the rest of the crew, but it was the two of you today to study, since Sehun didn't want to come along. To you, Sehun was acting peculiar since the day of the pizzeria. You had a feeling that Jongin might know why, but then again, you shouldn't be all up in his business.

"What?" you said, since he wasn't answering you properly, but that chuckle hinted that he knew what Sehun might want for Christmas. Jongin shrugged and flipped some more pages as if he knew what he was reading, which probably wasn't the case since he's turning the pages so often and fast.

"I know what he wants, but it's not something you or anyone could exactly buy," he smirked, "It's a girl."

You brow rose in interest, because this was definitely something new. A girl that you didn't think you knew about, someone that caught Sehun's eye. You wanted to take a guess, but the only guess you would've made was Yoonhee. That's who you thought it was, Yoonhee. It all made sense now, apparently. Sehun was probably avoiding Jongin, because Jongin goes to the same school as Yoonhee and might think something is going on between the two. Since Yoonhee liked Sehun back, you thought it couldn't be a problem.

"I think I could get him and that girl together," you nodded with a devious smile. An instant laugh came out of Jongin's lips, but you were serious. 

"Whatever, doubt me now, but I think I can get those two together," you smiled happily as you continued to finish your work. Jongin wanted to interject, but he ignored it since he actually wanted to see what kind of plan you had up your sleeve. 

A few hours later, Sehun texted you to see if you were done with studying and that maybe he could come over to hang out at your place. You asked Jongin if you wanted to come alone, but he immediately declined the offer. Without questioning it, you went along with it and went home to meet up with Sehun.

"Jongin didn't come?" he asked you. You shrugged in return, not bothering to figure out why these two were avoiding one another. "So, the Christmas thing at your house? You up for it?" he changed the topic.

You smiled and nodded, "Totally! I forgot to ask Jongin while I was over, but I'll just text him and the rest of the crew to come over, yeah?"

"Sounds good," Sehun nodded awkwardly. There it was again. That tonality and expression whenever I mention Jongin. Were you really right about your assumption earlier. 

"What happened with you and Jongin?" you bluntly asked him.

Sehun was taken back by your question. Has Jongin told you something to make him think so? He didn't know, but his mind was scrambled with scenarios and ideas that could possible be true. He bit back his lip and shrugged to avoid the questions.

"That's it?" you spoke in an annoyed tone and mocked his shrugged. He mocked you back with another shrug and a face. You let out a chuckle and shook your head, ignoring the topic again. "Whatever," you muttered to yourself as you opened up your fridge to find something to eat, since you haven't ate anything since school.

To be honest, Sehun's only problem was that you chosen Jongin over him. A mere act that was able to bring out the green monster. "Do you want ramyeon? My house has nothing to eat," you announced after checking ever cabinet and drawer. He agreed and ran off to the couch to lean back and relax while you cooked for him.

He liked the whole stereotypical thing where girls were in the kitchen making food for the men in the house. At least with you, he did. He imagined many times where he'd come home with you having dinner all ready and telling him about how your articles and future novels were going to be coming along over a nice meal together. Obviously, it was all a dream, but he only hoped. 

After about twenty minutes of Sehun watching music shows and your oh-so-amazing cooking skills in action, the two of you were slurping up the ramyeon out of the pot in your living room. 

"Ah, haven't had this since high school," he said while stuffing his mouth with her. "Slow down, I can make more, you know," you smiled with stirring your chopsticks in the pot. 


Things have been low key since then. Sehun wasn't being weird anymore. Baekhyun wasn't really exactly trying to make it noticeable that he liked you. Winter break came along and your father and his girlfriend was already off to Japan, meaning Christmas was, well, tomorrow.

"Bye dad," you gave him his last hug after giving Soojin hers. He kissed the top of her head and whispered his apologies for booking his flight on the wrong date. He really wanted to spend the holidays with you and Soojin by the fire laughing over stupid stories he likes to tell. 

"And you didn't have to go to the airport with me, you know. I could've taken the taxi and you could've just hung out with your friends on Christmas Eve," he told her while pulling her away from you. 

You laughed and rolled your eyes, because he couldn't really be serious. Letting him leave knowing that you had the time to take him to the airport wasn't right to you. He was happy that you were there though. Every hour, minute, second matters to you. You learned that from your mother.

The three of you bid your goodbyes, at least until they come back. You lugged yourself away from the airport gate and went towards the parking lot to find your car. Out of your luck, an was parked to block your way. There was nothing else you could do other than wait, but it wasn't for long though; it was just twenty minutes. Then again, it was Christmas Eve and you just sent your dad away only to be stuck in the parking lot in the cold. Yeah, it was bad. The moment you laid your eyes on the '' that parked there, you dropped all negative thoughts you had prior from seeing him.

"Oh my god," you muttered as you stared. 

"Oh my god is right," he chuckled, "Sorry, I just came back from China and my mother just parks anywhere she likes." To you, there was no way in hell that it could be him, but you really hoped because it's been a while since you felt your blood rushing like this. 

"That is not true!" his mother scolded him and slapped his back, pushing him into the car and completely ignoring your presence. His whites were showing and it only gave you were excuses to like him. 

You unconsciously grabbed his arm feeling that you wanted to ask him something, but soon regretted it afterwards and pulled your hand away. "We've met before," you said with an airy breath, "We went to high school together."

He seemed to be shocked by your touch as he couldn't help but keep his eyes on your hands. "Um, I haven't spoken to anyone from high school since I graduated," he broke into a smile, "Didn't think anyone remembered me. I was a bit of an... introvert." 

"You seem like an extrovert to me," you smiled back at him. All these months of giving love advices and stuff, never had you really listened to your own, and for once, you were. You always seemed to shy away unless you knew the person had liked you back; for example, Jongin. For months, you've been telling people to just go for it and what was the worst that could happen, and all that other love advice stuff. 

Raising an eyebrow, he grew curious of you, but his mother shoved his head into the car. "Wait, what's your name?" he asked before his mother was able to start the car.

"Bora," you slipped out of your lips before he was long gone. He poked his head out of the window mischievously and yelled, "Nice seeing you! It's Luhan, by the way!" 

You waved back and began to giggle to yourself. You remember thinking about how today wasn't going to be as bad even if you were alone. It's been about a year since you've seen Luhan. Yeah, he was that crush that Sehun has been bugging you about since forever. Well, wouldn't blame much on him though. You were the one that basically commented about every single feature he had on his body to him. Regardless, it was nice to see him after so long.


The following day, you invited your friends over -- Gayoung, Yoonhee, Sehun, and Jongin. 

The five of you were in the living room with a bunch of chips, fruits, and other snacks to eat. You guys were all cuddled up together watching 21 Jump Street. It was a cute scene to watch: Yoonhee and Gayoung were linking arms, Jongin's head was on Sehun's lap, and you were sitting on top of the two girls with the bowl of chips on your lap. 

"So, Bora, I was in your room earlier," Gayoung nudged your leg. "So?" you shoved another chip in your mouth as you continued to watch the movie.

"Luhan," she whispered causing you to choke on the chip. "What the hell, Gayoung?" you banged your chest until you were able to breath normally, but she only gave you another shove with a playful smile. 

The other three were already eyeing the two of you for interrupting the movie. "It's all over your notebooks," she didn't bother whispering anymore. Jongin grabbed the remote and paused the movie, earning a kick from Yoonhee. "I was ing watching that!" she scolded him.

"Secrets," he stated. Everyone stopped knowing what that meant. Secrets were never really welcomed in your group. Sure, there were secrets but if they were being discussed while the others were around, they definitely will be noticed. "Gayoung, Bora. Spill," Yoonhee said in her most annoyed tone. She just wanted to watch the movie and of course was interrupted.

"Well, Bora is... I don't know! I want to know. It's about Luhan," she squealed, "His name is all over her notebook. Bora, you haven't said anything about him since well you stopped seeing him at school."

"Okay, since I didn't say anything other than that, can we just get on with my movie? I wasn't talking about it. Gayoung was," you folded your arms and stared at the paused screen waiting for someone to press play. Jongin climbed on the couch and sat on you, crushing all three girls. "Spill or I'll crush you," he said nonchalantly as he placed more pressure against you.

Sehun did nothing but watch them. He would be lying if he said he didn't want to know why Luhan was caught up in the picture. Not that he hated him or anything, it was just that he was able to more you to look his way and Sehun wasn't able to do that. It was like you couldn't see anything in him. He almost even had convinced that Baekhyun could be a possible candidate. 

"Sehun, help me!" you cried out as you tried with all you could to push Jongin away from you. "I saw him at the airport!" you finally admitted before you were going to lack air.

"Saw who?"

A devious dark figure, walking towards the living, appeared and all you could really see was his evil smile that literally shined even with all the lights out.