Luck

Dear Tofu

Baekhyun's patience were slowly dissolving. When he thought things were starting to work out, he felt an unbearable feeling. He didn't feel confident. Tofu's words from the first letter had encouraged him before, but they were slowly forgotten as he tried thinking about what he should be doing next. Ask to hang out, maybe a study date, or some tutoring? His hands became sweaty from the thoughts.

How was he going to manage through this? Especially when Sehun was still around as the 'best friend'.


"Noona, I want the same ice cream you're getting," Yoohun shouted at you, gripping on your fingers even more. "Noona, I want chocolate," Sehun mocked his brother. You could only let out a hearty laugh from these two foolish brothers. "Hyung, chocolate is gross and you had diarrhea the last time you had chocolate ice cream," Yoohun wanted to embarrass his brother in front of you. He wanted you to see him as the manly one and the one that seemed to be more responsible and fun. 

You arched your brow at Sehun as his cheeks turned a shade redder than before. "Yoohun," he growled, giving his little brother the impression that he was going to get punished when he gets home. You patted Sehun to ease his anger. "He's only eight, Sehun. Lighten up. Weren't you like him before? Your mom told me you acted the same way with your babysitter when you were younger," you . 

You and Yoohun continued to tease and mock Sehun on the way to the parlor. Yoohun did as he said and ordered the same ice cream you had, one scoop of hazelnut and one scoop of vanilla vegan ice cream. Sehun didn't go towards the chocolate direction and just ordered strawberry sorbet. 

"Noona, I need to tell you something," Yoohun tugged on your sleeve and brought himself closer to your ear. You raised your eyebrow and just let him continue. Yoohun quickly stole a peck on your cheek. I should've seen that coming. "Yoohun..." you sighed and looked at the younger child, "Can't you like a girl that is your age? Noona is too old for y--"

Yoohun placed his hand over your mouth. "Noona! I don't want to hear you say that, ever!" he shouted at you. It was probably one of the only time you've seen him so furious at you. "Yoohun! Don't yell at noona!" Sehun scolded his younger brother. Yoohun only pouted. He looked like he was about to cry. Your eyes showed nothing but pity. Your hands were placed over his soft small hands to remove them from . "Okay, noona won't say it again," you softly smiled at him using a spare hand to ruffle his hair. "Bora, you shouldn't--" Sehun started, but you only gave him a signal to shut up by kicking his knee under the table, then giving him a look to reassure him that you'll talk to him about this later.


"Bora, you need to stop letting him do what he wants to do," Sehun shook his head at the thought of Yoohun actually trying to woo you. "Relax, Sehun. It's just a small crush. Plus, don't act like you never had one. Do you want to hear your crush tell you that they weren't fit for you?" you looked at him. Sehun let out a groan, knowing that you were very much right. Those were probably the last words he would ever want to hear. "But Bora... I don't want Yoohun to grow up actually thinking that he will be ending up with you," Sehun pointed out.

You only laughed. "Come on, Sehun. I'll probably get a boyfriend and maybe one day a girl will have actually caught his eyes," you said nonchalantly. "Boyfriend?" he raised his brow at you, "You took interest in someone?" Sehun didn't like it. Just the thought of you having another male in your life, actually all... intimate with one another. He refused. It wasn't a thought he wanted to implant in his mind. "You sound like you acknowledge me for someone aual," you gave him a blank look, "I have liked someone before. Remember?"

No, he didn't want to remember, because during that era, all you talked about was that significant other. "Eh," he shrugged. "Don't tell me you forgot about--" Sehun shook his head and started spitting out nonsense to prevent you from saying his name. "I know who he is Bora, but you also know how much I hated that you get yapping about him. It was probably one of those times where I actually found you annoying," Sehun sounded pissed.

"Well," you didn't hesitate to give off the same exact tone, "Sorry for actually wanting to talk to you about it." There it was. Your y side. He wasn't too familiar with it, but he had encounter it whenever you felt so... frustrated. He knew he did something wrong. At least, something wrong to you, but during this moment, he felt the same heat that you did so he hadn't cared. "Talk to me? More like continuously rage about how his hair looked so perfect combed back and how his eyes were so round. Oh! And remember when you saw him walking near your house because it was like fate for you two to encounter each other, right?" he mocked you.

Sehun crossed the line. He knew it. You knew it, and that definitely wasn't something worth appreciating. "," you said under your breath and sped up your pace to walk farther away from him. Sehun didn't follow. He did wrong and his temper got the best of him. He didn't want to stir any more trouble because who knows what else he could say to hurt you.


"Sometimes, he's so inconsiderate!" you complained. After departing from Sehun, you just wanted to clear up your mind but the thought of Sehun only kept you fuming with anger. Your feet acted on it's own rushing to who knows where. It wasn't until it started raining, you began realizing that you were clueless to where you were. "Ah ha," you laughed at yourself, only making an annoyed face afterwards, "I am so lucky." You kept walking until you could find the closest bus stop and by then your clothes and hair were soaked. 

Luckily for you, the first bus that came was actually your bus home. You climbed onto the bus and checked your pockets for change, only to find none. Great. "Um, I am really sorry," you frowned at the driver, giving him the most sincere look, "I just don't have change on me and--" Beep. "Go ahead," someone that was already on the bus got up to tap their card for you. You nodded and shuffled your feet inside the bus. "Thank you," you smiled at him. He was looking down and slowly looked up to make small eye contact.

"Baekhyun?" you were shocked. You wouldn't think that he would have done that for you. "You should get home soon. You'll get sick," he said softly. Your smile remained for him, for you were grateful for his generosity. "I'll pay you back tomor-- Ahchu! Ahchu! Ahchu!" How embarrassing. You covered your mouth and nose, bowing to him in apology. "Hey, it's okay," he assured, "You don't have to pay me back. Just make sure you are feeling okay. Do you want me to walk you home? We don't live too far from each other, and I have an umbrella."

Baekhyun was truly kind. Or you were just extremely lucky.


Edited on November 16th, 2014