Wake Up

Dear Tofu

“She’s been playing me,” Sehun scoffed and took down another shot of soju, feeling that burning sensation running down his warm throat, “Park Bora, ha…”

Yoonhee stared at his idiotic state. She knew well enough that you were not playing Sehun. You weren’t insidious or crooked. Sehun knew that well, but his assumptions took the best of him.

So, for the last two week, he’s been like this. Drinking, partying, and done all of the things he would never done because of you. You never liked those types of guys. You didn’t glance twice at them. In a sense, he wanted to do it to prove himself that he wasn’t wrapped around your fingers, that he could do something that you hated, despised even. He wanted to get over you so badly that he wasn’t himself.

“You’re trying to get over her yet all you’re doing is talking about her,” Yoonhee pointed out the obvious.

“She’s everywhere. My mom asks about her. My brother is in love with her. My dad wonders if she will be coming for dinner. What do I say? I hate her and that I don’t want them to talk about her anymore? That she broke me?” Sehun was blurting out nonsense. He didn’t hate you. He couldn’t hate you no matter how much he tried.

“Stop being hurt and show her that you’re better without her. Make her regret she only considered you as a friend. Make her chase after you,” Yoonhee said almost so cynically that hell would like to hear it again.

And with much interest, Sehun leaned in and asked, “How?”


Just weeks after that night, Sehun went through a whole transformation. He looked more chic, well built, and definitely was getting more stares here and there. He went from dark chocolate hair to an ashy blonde, sweatpants to chinos, and hoodies to shirts that definitely complimented this body more.

Yoonhee did so well on him. His confidence even boosted up. Once school started, he definitely was going to make heads turns, even yours.

“There’s a drive in movie tonight,” Yoonhee informed him.

“And?” Sehun raised a brow, wondering where she was getting at.

“Bora is mostly going to be first in line to see it no matter what movie it is. You want to show off yourself?” she smirked.

“No,” he answered so blandly.

Honestly, he wasn’t sure if he was able to face you mentally yet. He might have new motives towards you now, but he can’t say that he is over you.

“Not ready yet,” he said.

“What else do you need?” Yoonhee glared at him.

He didn’t really need anything more. He just wasn’t sure how things would go once he laid his eyes on you. Was he going to burst into sorrows again? He hasn’t seen you in four weeks. That’s the longest you two been apart since meeting each other. It took so much will power not to go to her house and simply check up on her.

“I don’t know.”

“You don’t know because you don’t need anything else. You don’t have to stall. You’re ready. You look like a dropper. Seriously. She’ll wonder why she never liked you before,” Yoonhee emphasized.

“Bora doesn’t like people because of looks.”

“Oh, yeah? What about Luhan?”

He gritted his teeth. Yoonhee was right, once again. Why hasn’t he noticed these things about you before?

“Just go to the movies today. I’ll ask one of my girl friends at school to go with you on a date so that could crush her a bit knowing that you were going to the movies without her. That you replaced her. Just something to make her feel hurt,” she directed him.

Sehun was a bit worried and partially feeling guilty just from hearing Yoonhee say the word replaced. No one was able to replace you. No matter how much he wanted to try.


“Since we’re watching a romantic movie, let’s eat caramel popcorn,” you suggested as you and Baekhyun were waiting in the concession line.

“Why caramel?” he asked curiously.

“Sweet movies call for sweet things,” you told him. He took a mental note of that. Honestly, he wasn’t sure why he did, but he just found your logic completely cute.

Baekhyun chuckled and went along with you. “I’m up for anything,” he said, “But let me just give you the money for it. I got to run to the bathroom real quick.”

You agreed as you took the bill from him, watching him distant himself away from you.

It’s been a while since you’ve got to spend some time at the movies theater in general so being here just felt like you were in place. Watching movies was and probably always will be your favorite thing to do.

It never got boring to explore the world of films.

“Sehun, let’s get the couple set!” you heard someone shout not far from you. You obviously couldn’t help but wonder if it was your Sehun that was being called. You were quite hopeful that it could be, just so you can talk to him for a bit.

Frowning in disappointment, you saw a tall blonde male with his back facing you. No, that couldn’t be him. You noticed how he was so different from the Sehun you knew. That guy didn’t seem like he could relax like how Sehun could or joke around like Sehun could. Maybe he could, but this guy was different.

He was not Sehun, your best friend.

With a sigh of disappointment, you almost turned your attention back to your distant to the front desk until you saw ‘Sehun’s’ profile.

“Why didn’t you go to Seoul Arts? You don’t seem like you belong at Yonsei. I heard you’re so talented. Seoul Arts is definitely the better choice when it comes to dancing. No doubt. Plus, we would be able to see each other more,” the girl he was with chuckled.

You unconsciously frowned. You would be the biggest liar if you said this didn’t bother you. Not because you were jealous of the girl, but because you were reminded that you were probably the biggest wall from him and his dream.

“It was a mistake,” he spoke out so coldly.

A deep frown scarred your face. You were a mistake.

You probably messed up terribly for him to say that. Maybe you were not worthy of Sehun anymore. He was way too good for you anyway. You would only be that weed that had killed any flowers in its way.

A murderer of happiness.

“Miss! You’re next!”

A wake up call. You stood there staring at Sehun for so long that you forgot you were in line. The woman that called out for you got the attention of the people around that included Sehun who was staring right back at you.

You peeled your eyes away as you quickly made your popcorn and drinks order. You couldn’t bring yourself to look at him again. His eyes weren’t welcome signs at all. He looked like he poured all the hate he had into his eyes for you to read. A pang of guilt hit you hard.

Sehun’s reasoning for sending you so much indirect hate was unclear to you, yet you felt as if you deserved it in some way. In a way, you felt like you needed to take all he had so he could get some sort of closure. Probably because ever since you found out he liked you, you felt so sorry for being so dense. So being that stupid girl that everyone wanted to choke because she couldn’t see from out of the box.

Truthfully, you wanted to fix things, but there was so much doubt that you could save this friendship now. It’s so hard for you to act that way you wanted knowing that he likes you or maybe even liked you.

The frown you wore never came off your face. You were emotionally depressed from seeing him and just wished to go home.

Maybe movies aren’t good unless you’re enjoying it with Sehun.


Author's Note: I'm a terrible person for leaving you guys waiting for so long (like since july 31st?? whats up with thaaaaat). I realized I need to edit my chapters after rereading some of them again. So many prospective mistakes alsdkfjaldsf. I have been getting so many feels for this story for some reason? I got a ton of muse back, but needless to say, I am not sure if I can promise frequent updates. All I know is I definitely know how I want this story to end. This story will be a story with a lot of chapters... So... sorry if I kill you with painfully slow updates. 

There's a little Hunra (Bohun?) angst in this chapter. I wanted Sehun to go through a dramatic change because of a misconception (if you're confused about this part, basically he thought Bora knew he liked her since the beginning, hence he assumed she was playing him). I think for the next chapter I will be jumping the timeline a bit. I kind of want to go back into the past for a bit of Baekra (Bohyun?? LOL goddamn ship names). Or just go back a few months for a Hunra chapter. Either way, both of these chapters will happen eventually. 

Just writing all these ideas down really got me motivated to write more. alsdkfjaldf I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter though! Sorry for the long wait again... FORGIVE ME. I LOVE YOU