Unfair

Dear Tofu

WARNING: Strong use of language.

Delicate fingers flowed perfectly through your soft hair and smoothly landed on your back. You felt yourself grinning at the the small act. It brought you comfort and warm.

"Don't you remember me?" a calm voice filled your ears.

And suddenly, all that comfort and warm dissolved way. Your breathing quickened and you couldn't take in away air. You want to beg for help, but your voice wouldn't leave your lips. Hot tears burned your face.

"Bora! Open your eyes!"

The brightness felt like it can burn, but you managed to open your eyes. You took in a deep breath, and with your blurred vision, you were still able to see who had woken you up.

"Sehun," you called his name and quickly sat up.

It was the first word you said in days, but then again, you weren't even sure if this was a dream or not.

"You scared me, Bora," he let out a sigh of relief and sunk the left side of the bed.

You stared at him. His hair was black again, not up like how he styled it the last few months. You wiggled yourself closer for a better view. He wore his old sweats and black v-neck. You smiled. It had to be a dream, you thought, but you were willing to enjoy it.

"I missed you," you said and pulled him into a firm hug.

You felt like crying because you were so overwhelmed. You pulled back slightly to look at him again. The same old Sehun, you thought. The one you haven't seen in months.

"This is real, right?" you asked him even though you convinced yourself that it wasn't, "I'm not hallucinating?"

Sehun haven't seen her this happy or seen that smile go that wide in so long.

"This isn't real," he said.

Before you could doubt his statement, he pulled your neck closer to his face. It all happened so fast. You couldn't even see when his eyes closed as he connected the two of you. His lips didn't move at first. He waited for you to probably process the moment. You didn't reject him. You didn't know how to. Honestly, you didn't even know if this is real.

You never even thought of him as a lover. Hardly ever consider it, but why did you heart pinch? Why had it moved in ways you never felt? And why did this feel so real?

He parted his lips a bit and nibbled on your lips. You felt your heart being pinched again. Your stomached turned and it's not like you didn't like it. Sehun pulled away but still kept his closeness to you.

"I'm sorry," he apologized. His thumb brushed against your jawline. "I didn't mean to do that without permission," he continued.

You just looked down at his lips. "Is this real?" you repeated the question softly, because you really never been so confused.

"I'm sorry," he said again.

Your eyes moved from his lips to his eyes that didn't wish to meet yours. He was sorry that his actions were impulsive, but you didn't want to admit that you were fine with it because naturally, if someone didn't like someone in that way, they would mind, right? You didn't know. A bothersome churning feeling was still invading your focus. You realized what had happened was all real.

"You dyed your hair," you changed the focus.

Sehun was taken off guard, but he still continued to go along with you. "I never really liked it, if you asked me," he smiled sheepishly.

"It looked good, but I really happen to like this hair way more," you admitted and ran your hands through his hair then frowned, "It's totally fried."

"I bleached my hair like ever two weeks. It's painful to look that good," he joked.

You smiled and chuckled along with him. "Okay, I'm sorry but can you please confirm to me that this is real?" you asked again only to really wrap her mind around the thought that he was here.

"It's real!" he laughed and engulfed you in a breathless hug, "I'm here."

His laugh sent vibrations from his body to yours. You forgot this feeling; it was unnoticed to you before. His arms wrapped around your waist and his cheek was against your hair.

Did Sehun always make you feel this way?


Sehun stayed over the night (with your father's permission). Your father was surprised to even hear you speak. He thought having him around was something you needed to recover. Sehun even got you to eat a whole bowl of rice during dinner. Chanyeol also seemed to be impressed.

The rest of the day, neither of you spoke of the kiss from earlier, but that wasn't to say that it didn't ponder on either of your minds. You began to think about Sehun more, maybe because he was physically with you, but you even gave thought into Sehun being an actual lover. Which is weird, right? 

Now, the two of you were just talking in bed together. Honestly, this wasn't the first time. Sehun slept over plenty of times, before high school and your father fears of hormonal teenagers kicked in. But this felt like all the times you were in bed talking to him over the phone until one of you fell asleep. You unfortunately was always the first to.

"So, why did you decide to come over?" you asked him, thinking it was more appropriate to now.

"Ha... ha... I actually texted you, and your dad had your phone thinking I was your boyfriend, ready to threaten me, may I add... Then he invited me over. When I came, you were knocked out until you panicked in your sleep," he explained with his voice shrinking smaller as he went further into explaining.

"I panicked?" you asked.

"You were sweating like crazy and gasping for air like you were drowning. You had me completely worried," Sehun said slowly, "And Bora, I realized I was wrong. I couldn't have just watched you like that without caring. You were my friend before anything."

His eyes started to shut as he yawned out of tiredness. When he was about to open them again, you kept your hands over his eyes.

"Kept them shut and just talk to me until you fall asleep," you told him.

Sehun smiled as he pulled you closer to him. The rate your heart was going was uneven from the closeness. Your hands were on his chest and his was going just was crazy.

"You should sleep," you whispered, "You seem tired."  

He hummed in response.

You couldn't sleep, but you stayed in that spot. You weren't sure, but you thought that you had been in that spot for at least an hour. Sehun was breathing comfortably now, so he was probably asleep.

"Sehun?" you called his name as you shifted carefully to face him better.

Sehun didn't reply.

He was completely out which made you grin. Your finger reached out to his hair and brushed it down to his cheek where his scar was. The pad of your thumb ran over that same spot numerous times. Sehun's skin was unbelievably flawlessly. It was smooth and soft. You really thought he was a perfect flower boy along with Jongin and Luhan. They could form some sort of group. They're all tall and extremely handsome. Any girl would want to be their companion.

Any girl.

But were you any girl?


The following morning, Baekhyun came by the Park residence to hang out with the oldest brother of the household. He called Chanyeol since he was afraid to wake anyone else in the house (a.k.a. you). Chanyeol came down with his basketball and lead him to their usual court they play at.

Chanyeol passed the ball to Baekhyun, and he dribbled.

"Hey, have your sister been okay?" he asked as he passed the ball back.

"She's been..." the older paused to make a shot in the hoop, "Better."

Chanyeol missed and ran to get it.

"Is it okay for me to be around again?" Baekhyun asked softly.

After you started acting oddly, Chanyeol asked Baekhyun to further himself away from you, since he could easily trigger something.

"Yeah, but... maybe not today," he answered and tossed the ball the shorter.

"Why... Not?"

Baekhyun didn't mean it any particular way, but the way Chanyeol spoke was questionable. Chanyeol isn't normally this careful. He's actually completely reckless. It wasn't until your panic and anxiety attacks started kicking in that Chanyeol began to choose his words more carefully.

"Um... I don't know..." he said.

Baekhyun knew his friend was lying. He was the worst liar even worst now than before.

"Seriously..." Baekhyun said in a flat tone before taking his shot and making it in, "You at lying."

"You're acting like how you were when..." Baekhyun stopped for a moment and stared at his best friend, "You told me to stop talking to Bora."

Chanyeol went to grab the ball and kept silent.

"Oh my god... You want me to stop talking to her again?" Baekhyun wanted to scoff.

"No, it's not that," Chanyeol defended himself, "It's just that, maybe, you should give up on her."

What, he thought.

"What?" he projected his thought in an angry tone clearly, "You want... what now? Chanyeol, what the are you even saying?"

The older sighed and sat down on the ground. "She's not stable," he began.

"She never was! You'd think after this many years I cared if she was?" Baekhyun stomped towards him with a demanding look.

"Calm down," he advised him.

"No! I thought you supported me!" his eyes filled with passion and disappoint from what seemed like a betrayal.

"I do, Baekhyun! I do, but what am I supposed to do when Sehun handled her so well in such a short time? Weren't they in a fight? Well, he was spoon feeding her yesterday like she was a baby," Chanyeol argued then calmed down, "I trust Sehun with her just as much as I trust you and her, but right now, Bora seems to need Sehun."

"You of all people are telling me to give up..." Baekhyun backed up from him and shook his head in disbelief, "And the thing is over ten years ago, I didn't get a chance to cheer her up. Even today, my best friend wouldn't give me that chance."

The younger turned and ran away. His mind was shaken and beaten up. The only person that he had trusted made it all seemed like he was completely alone. Chanyeol betrayed him, if anyone asked him.

"Baekhyun! It's not like that!" Chanyeol chased after him, "I don't want you getting hurt."

"What is that even supposed to mean, Chanyeol?" he yelled at his best friend as he turned to face him.

"Sehun just has the upper hand," he explained.

"Everyone but me has the upper hand. I thought you knew that when I told you that I liked her," Baekhyun scoffed.

"Listen, Baekhyun!" Chanyeol yelled in frustration, "I'm sorry!"

Baekhyun gave Chanyeol the most dumbfounded look he could ever have on his face. He honestly wanted to laugh. After what Sehun has put you through, he came back as if nothing had happened. Baekhyun found it disgusting. He has eyes to see what the hell you've been going through because of him. He tormented you and taunted you; practically threw you in the trash just for you to climb out of it and get pushed back in.

Sehun didn't deserve you, and you didn't need someone like him pulling your every limb.

"Go ing make Sehun your best friend, Chanyeol," Baekhyun glared at him, "Or do you not want your best friend dating your sister?"

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol tried reasoning with him.

"If that was the case, why would you ever say it was okay for me to like her? Why would you tell me that? Do you like torturing me? Do you like seeing me hanging on a string of hope? Goddammit, Park Chanyeol, you know how much I don't care if your sister is the way she is! You of all the people in this ing world knows! I've liked her when she cried because of me! I liked her when she forgot about me! I liked her when she walked around with other guys! I liked her when I tried dating other girls! Do you not get that I like your sister that much?" Baekhyun tried catching his breath as he crumbled to the ground.

He screamed out if frustration. No one in this world gets him. 

This world, life is so unfair.


Author's Note: After soooo long I'm back! Okay... not really. If you read Lost Things, you know my laptop is totally dead and won't be able to revive because it hates me and so does my bank account. So, I attempted to update on mobile.... I hate it, but only way to update. Also, don't mind grammar and spelling because... mobile. Kay, that's it for that. Anyway, I really like Baekhyun's character 73926382 times more after writing this chapter. Like, really really really really in love with his character (that doesn't mean he'll end up with Bora). What do you guys think? :o