Clash

Dear Tofu

After breakfast the following day, you were extremely exhausted from the lack of sleep. Your eyes were insisting to shut and your body wanted to collapse. Yawns were becoming consistent as your friends were talking with one another, and to make it seem like you were listening, your head would bob from time to time.

"Bora, are you listening?" Gayoung's voice had your eyes opening wide. 

"Yeah, totally," you lied and straighted up your back to make yourself seem alive.

Jongin just laughed at you, silently to himself for he knew that she was lying. To him, you weren't much of a lie, but then again, he can read lies easily. 

"Well, then what do you think?" she asked you.

You sighed and laid your body across the sofa. "I don't know," you still continued to pretend like you were listening, "What do you think?" Yeah, asking another question should have Gayoung talking about it to herself, you thought. 

"You okay?" Sehun took on the ground nearby your head so he was able to whisper to you. You were startled and tried to support yourself with your arms. Slowly nodding, you shyly avoided any eye contact with him. Honestly, you were still a bit shocked and a tad bit embarrassed that he liked you.

Sehun didn't really get the vibe though. He squinted his eyes and then placed his hand on your forearm, hoping that you would look at him (which you did). You can read the confusion in his eyes easily. They partically screamed worry and endless questions that you weren't sure if you could answer. 

"I'm okay," you tried to sound as believeable as you could with the warm smile you were able to produce at the moment. He frowned though. You assumed that you weren't convincing enough. 

There was no idea that you already felt like you were changing around him. It's funny how a small detail like that could change your whole personality in front of a person. You wondered what would've happened if you found out someone like Luhan had liked you. Would you be overly thrilled? Or completely unsure and confused like how you were reacting to Sehun's secret? You hated yourself for being so unconciously different towards Sehun. How scary is it to hear a few words that could change a whole perspective. 

"Really, I am," you placed your hand over his and smiled more brightly. Yoonhee took note of this. She noticed a difference from today and yesterday. Heck, the girl can read the amount of uncomfort you were feeling. 

"You know, I know this is random, but why did Bora and Kai stop dating?" Gayoung casually brought up.

"Uh..." you were lost of words. It was like Gayoung wanted to make you feel more uncomfortable than you already had. 

Jongin eyed you then back at Gayoung, but before he was able to say anything, you answered it before he could. "Kind of just happened. Feelings fade," you told her. Technically, you weren't lying. That's what your intial thoughts were until that last night confession.

"I told her I didn't want to commit to a relationship," he added. 

Sehun looked awkward. He wondered why Gayoung kept on bringing up topics like this -- things involving you and other guys. It kind of ticked him off. He didn't want to hear it. 

"Really? I think there's more to that," she sang.

You forgot how annoyingly nosy Gayoung was. If she didn't know something and finds out about it on her own, she'll let the world know. "Can you shut up, Gayoung?" Jongin abruptedly demanded. 

"No, tell us."

Your eyes were fixed to your left side, where Sehun was staring right now Gayoung. To your surprise, he was the one who said that. Jongin sighed deeply. "Dude, forget it," he told Sehun (which kind of sounded more like he was begging him to not ask any further). Jongin just wanted to give Sehun what he wanted and not have him feel guilty about it.

"No, why not? We're not keeping secrets, right?" Yoonhee joined.

"Well, then you guys wouldn't mind sharing about what you two talked about too, then," Jongin unintentionally backfired at them. You looked at him. He seemed kind of pissed, well more like because he didn't want to deal with this. Even if you guys were friends, they shouldn't force information out of him. On the other hand, you didn't want to mention what you had overheard unintentionally. You didn't want to reveal that you knew.

"Can't we just not do this?" you quietly interjected and sort of stressed. But whatever came out of your mouth was irrelevant to everyone else. It seemed like they were all at war with one another. Eyes daggering at each other with the thick air around. You could feel like you were suffocating.

"For heaven sakes," you could hear Gayoung quietly muttering to herself, "Still left out."

"We asked you first," Yoonhee barked back at Jongin.

"What are you? Seven?" Jongin fought back. 

"Jongin and I never happened because he knew that someone he was close to liked me!"

You broke the room into silence. You really were sick of your friends arguing, because ever since the five of you were reunited, nothing was how it was before. It was constant fighting like you guys were cats and dogs, and you hated it. 

Eyes were either on you or on Jongin, but you felt a good amount of weight off your shoulders. 

"Yeah," you awkwardly added in the end, because for some reason, you hoped that it would break the discomfort. 

"Sehun and I were talking about how wrong Bora's assumptions were about us," Yoonhee responded in return, "Sehun doesn't like me. Actually, I think it's better if Bora went to the event with him, not me."

"I can speak for myself," Sehun interrupted harshly, "I'm going to go home."

And like that, he got up and walked out of the house. You had thoughts of running after him, but you didn't want to lead him on or give him any wrong ideas, especially when you weren't sure what you viewed Sehun as anymore.