Date

Dear Tofu

Sehun waited for you at your train stop, regardless of the fight you two had the other night. He kept his eyes on his watch, noticing that you should've been at the station already. He became worried and thought about coming over your house to check up on you. Were you really avoiding him because of what happened last night? Well, he had to admit that he was an last night, but he was going to apologize when he saw you today. Sehun looked at his watch one last time. He was going to be late for his class if he waited any longer. Bora's class is later than mine. I guess, she wanted to sleep in.


"Honey, you should stay home today. I don't want you going to school like this," your dad demanded. You knew you couldn't argue. Yesterday, the rain hit you hard. Your health was the last thing on your mind last night, clearly, since you got a fever and have been coughing all night. "I'll make you some soup, okay? I'll bring it up before I go to work. Soojin is going to come over later to watch over you. I didn't want you to be here alone," he kissed your forehead before walking out to the kitchen.

After your mother passed away, it had only been you, Chanyeol, and your dad. She commited suicide when you were eight years old. The reason was still unknown to you, but you knew that your dad knew, but he wanted to keep it away from you. Soojin was your dad's girlfriend. They had been dating for almost five years now. You liked her. She was nice and acted as if she was your own mom, because of her, you were willing to forget about the tragic that happened to your own mother.

Your dad walked in with a tray and placed it on your nightstand. "Soojin is going to be coming over in about a half an hour. So, just eat and watch a little television until then. No laptop. I don't want that thing being on your body. It'll send waves into your body and--"

"I know. I know, dad. Just go to the research lab before you're late," you rushed him. He had always blabbered on and on about things that he had said over thousands and thousands of times in your life. "I'll send an e-mail to your professors for you. Just relax and rest today," he sounded as if he was warning you. You simply nodded and smiled at him, hoping that he would just leave already. "All right, honey! I'm going to work now. If anything happens before Soojin comes, I'm a call away!" he shouted as he bolted out the door.


His feet tapped the hardwood floor as he stared at the clock near your classroom door. "Just one more minute," Sehun told himself. He felt the need to apologize to you, which is quite frankly odd since he's the stubborn type. 

Students were roaming out of the classroom, one in particular caught his eye. "Hey! Baekhyun," Sehun stopped him before he could go anywhere else, "Bora went to class today, right?" He really wanted to hear the word yes otherwise other thoughts would've gotten into his head. What if you were kidnapped? What if you were lost? It would've been his fault for not following you and taking you home. "No, but I did see her on the bus last night and took her home, but I didn't see her today," Baekhyun answered, sounding a bit worried himself. Sehun nodded. He sighed in relief. At least, he knew that you were alive, but why didn't you go to school today? Were you avoiding him to this extent? 


"Thanks for the dinner, Soojin."

She smiled, "You know, it's not a big deal. You feeling better yet?" You nodded at her. "I think I can go to school tomorrow... Right?" you looked up at her hoping that she agreed. You never liked having days off at school because you usually would miss something important. "I don't see why not. Your fever went down and you're not coughing as much as you did this morning," she said. You clapped your hands and bounced on your bed. Sometimes, you were just a little kid. "Okay, I think I am going to clean the--" Before Soojin could finish her sentence, the door bell rang. "Or I can get the door first," she chuckled and got up to get the door.

"Baekhyun?" Soojin questioned, "I haven't seen you since Chanyeol left. How are you? Come in! Let me get some snacks for you. Chanyeol isn't back yet, but you're welcome to stay if you like! If you do not find that uncomfortable." Soojin had a tendency to ramble on. Your dad really liked that about her though. "Uh, that's alright. I just wanted to drop off some notes for Bora... If that's alright with you," he voice became smaller as the sentence went on. He was scared and a tad bit intimidated. 

He had encountered Soojin quite amount of times, but there was something about this time that had him become some sort of nervous wreck. "That should be perfectly fine. Bora is right in her room. While you're in there, let her know that I'll be leaving. Her dad will be home in a few hours," she directed him as she began searching for her jacket. Baekhyun simply nodded and made his way into your room. 


Your phone rang for the nth time, and it was pretty obvious to who it was.

"Aren't you going to get that?" 

Holy crap. That scared you. Looking up, you were quite surprised. "I brought notes for you," Baekhyun said as he settled his notebooks on your nightstand, "We have a paper due in a few days. All the details about it are in my notes." You nodded slowly, still not understanding why he was at your house at the moment. "Your dad's girlfriend let me in," he answered as if he knew exactly what was on your mind. 

"Ah, wait here, let me get you the money I owe you from last night," you said as you threw your blankets off of your body to get up. "No, it's okay!" he had his hands out, trying to stop you. "No, I have to. I took your money," you ignored his opposition and already made your way to your desk to get some money out. 

He only stared at you helplessly as you handed him the money. "That's more than the actual bus fare money," he shook his head. "I feel like I owe you more than this," you admitted, "Just take it." Baekhyun sighed. He didn't want to accept it. "Aren't we friends? Just think of it as a friend doing another friend a favor," he fought back. It took you a moment to process his words, but then a small smile perked up. "Oh, come on. Sehun would've gladly taken the money! You should too. I mean--" you stopped after realizing that you had mention Sehun so casually, like you weren't even mad at him anymore.

"Bora, I rather not," he awkwardly laughed, "We are friends, after all." At least, that's what he have been telling himself. "Okay," you finally agreed, "But, let me treat you out to eat for lunch or something. Since we are friends, and this is what friends do for each other... I still want to do something back. So, food only sounds right for me," you smiled. 

At that very moment, Baekhyun literally felt like he could fly. "Yeah! That's sounds great. When? Tomorrow? You're coming back to school tomorrow, right?" he sounded a lot more excited than he should be, but if your crush asked you to go eat with them, wouldn't you? You laughed at his eagerness. "It's a date," you giggled while covering your mouth. "D-d-date?" his eyes widened. Your face dropped and your hands were waving, gesturing that he had gotten the wrong idea. "No! I mean-- it's an expression," you blushed. 

"R-right. Okay-- It's a date."


Edited on November 16th, 2014