Message

Dear Tofu

"I don't know if you know, but I'm always looking at you."

Sehun laid in bed, desperately thinking of what had happened. He needed time to process. No, he wanted to hear you say it again. He was so caught up on the idea of you not liking him that it never occurred to him that there was even a slightest chance for you to like him the same way he does.

Even if it was a mere fraction of what he felt, he would be satisfied. And now, he's thinking that there possibly could be one. Do you like him? Do you not? He couldn't decide which one it could be. 

Did you get jealous of the girls that were around him? Did you wish for his presence as much as he wished for yours? Did you ever imagine the two of you being together?

Sehun wondered and wondered.

He eventually took out his phone and stared at your phone contact. Sehun's Favorite Person in the World.

A chuckle escaped as he read it. You renamed that yourself from what he recalled.


"What's my name on your phone?"

"It's Park Bora... What else would it be?"

You sighed and grabbed his phone without his permission. He tried peeking as you were typing in a new name for yourself on his phone, but you only smiled to yourself and hide the screen away from him to see. Once you were done, you handed it back to him with a cheeky smile. Automatically, he thought you were up to no good. 

"Where's your contact?" he asked as he scrolled down the list and laughed after seeing the new name in sight, "Really? You got to be kidding me. Don't think you're that special to be labeled as my favorite."

"Hey, you better not change it!" you pointed at him, "You know I am, so don't you dare!"

"Fine," he gave up but shoved his hand in front of you, "Give me your phone."

With a suspicious eye, you handed it to him. He scrolled down to find his name with no luck. 

"Where's my name?" he asked. 

You grinned mischievously before telling him what it was. "It's under Mister Oh."

"That's a stupid name," he muttered bitterly as he began renaming himself as you did on his phone. And like you, he wouldn't let you see what he was writing for his name.

A few moments later, he handed your phone back to you. "Done," he announced.

You didn't spend that much time to actually find it since it was near the top of your contacts now. "Bora's Soul mate?" you questioned it.

"I think we are," he shrugged casually (when it actuality, he was terrified of your reaction).

You eyed him before you snickered. "How so?" you were curious to his answer. 

He paused, trying to think precisely and thoroughly to how to answer without giving much away. "Soul mates are two being connected together with an affinity. Don't you think that's what we are? Connected together with an affinity," he asked you.

"So... what you're saying is... we're bound to fall in love and marry with three kids in a big white house in the future?"

Sehun laughed at your precision in your ideal future, but if he could, he would give it to you. "Three kids?" he laughed at you.

The idea wasn't bad at all. Weirdly enough, he imagined what his future family would be like. He didn't expect three kids, maybe two, but still, he didn't mind. In fact, the thought of having a big family made his heart skip faster. He could see you in with his baby boy in your arms and his daughter in his lap. He could also see the two of you tucking in the kids to sleep and kissing the top of their heads and holding your hand as he lead you back into the bedroom. The two of you would be tangled up under the blanket and enjoying each others' warmth. How ideal, he thought.

You nodded your head vigorously as if this was not a joke. "Two boys and a girl," you answered him in full delight, "If not, I want three boys."

"No girls?" he frowned. He wanted a daughter or two in his life, especially a daddy's girl.

"If you really want and the first three are boys, we can try for a girl, but if the fourth kid is a boy, we're stopping there," you frowned at the thought of giving birth more than three times. 

"Well, you know, soul mates could end up marrying each other. Though, sometimes, they don't," he said.

"If we're soul mates, shouldn't we be together?" you furrowed your brow in confusion. 

"There are some unfortunate cases out there."

"Well, if we are soul mates... Like really, soul mates... I'd be really happy," you played with your fingers and shined your white teeth at him, "Because I love having you by my side the most."

Sehun smiled his brightest, "Yeah, me too."


Even when he got new phones, he made sure yours stayed the same because it was pretty much true. You were his favorite person in the world. And he could only hope if he could really be your true soul mate.

To: Sehun's Favorite Person in the World
From: Bora's Soulmate

​Message: (Draft) Bora

Delete? Yes.

Message: (Draft) I'm sorry.

Delete? Yes.

Message: (Draft) alsdkfja;lsdkfjwoi

Delete? Yes.

After that night, all he has been wanting to do was to talk to you. He's always thinking of what to say and what to do when he got the chance to speak to you. He wondered how much time does he really have with you if he was always this distance? Does he even have time life with you if he kept this up? Do you hate him for leaving you like this?

You must have, he thought.

There were several times where he would catch himself walking towards your major building to catch a glimpse of you. He seriously had no luck, since you were never there when he went. And he would also find himself buying the really tasteless vegan food at the school and continues to believe that you were some super woman for even being a vegan. Not only that, but he was unconsciously cancelling all his dates and stopped texting Yoonhee (at least not as often). 

His head, mind, heart, and soul was so wrapped around you that he finally found himself sending a message.

Message: (Sent) good morning

Perhaps, he should try making it better.

Within a few minutes, he got a reply.

Bora's Soulmate: Who's this? Are you Bora's boyfriend?

Message: (Sent) ........um...... who are you?

Bora's Soulmate: Her father.

"," he muttered under his breath.

Message: (Sent) Sorry, sir. It's Sehun. I thought Bora would have her phone.

Bora's Soulmate: She's with the doctor at the hospital right now. She'll message you when she's out. By the way, Sehun, you should explain to me why your contact is listed as Bora's Soulmate.

Hospital? Although he wanted to know, he left that part out of the conversation.

Message: (Sent) We're not dating, sir.

Bora's Soulmate: Even so, I need your help. Can you come over today?

Great. The one time he decided to actually message you, he got to talk to your dad. He knew him quite well, but this was definitely a different and new perspective, especially with his label on your cell phone. But, still, what could your father want from Sehun?

Message: (Sent) Gladly! What time?


"How are you when you talk to new people, now?" the therapist asked you, but you only stayed silent.

You weren't able to speak since Baekhyun held your hand. The odd familiarity from his touch scared you. Adding on to that, you couldn't even bring yourself in your right mind due to all the events of that night. Your father worried since you haven't touched your food and if you did, you would puke it out afterwards without anyone knowing. You would also get heavy, burdensome dreams (more like nightmares) of the night you 'saved' Luhan and even flashbacks of your darker period would hit you. You were practically covered in darkness, fear, and anxiety. You skipped several of your classes which isn't something you've done since your mother passed.

"Bora, you have to say something," he said in a more firm tone, but you continued with your silence, "This is worst than when you were six. Can you tell me why you're not talking or eating? What happened in the last few days?"

You blinked lifeless at him in response.

"Bora," he called our your name once more, almost pleading you for just one word.

Your lips only quivered, but no words were audible. He nodded, trying to understand your situation and need for time. Your therapist jotted more notes and stood up.

"I'm going to dismiss you early today, but I wish you have the heart or even will to speak with me next time. I'm really trying to help you, Bora. You know me," he told you. 

Immediately, you got up and left, hearing the sound of his sigh and note jotting from behind. 

Your father looked at you with a smile. You can tell that he was faking it by how it didn't reach his eyes. Normally, his eyes would sparkle if he really was genuine about his smiles. Nonetheless, you just walked pass him and lead the way out to the car. 


"Here's your phone," your dad handed to you as he continued to drive. You gave him a half-assed smile and scrolled on your phone just to pass the time (and to prevent yourself from sleeping). 

(1) New Message from Jongidiot

Jongidiot: Hi pretty :)

The corners of your lips twitched upwards and your eyes shined a bit brighter. Your fingers started tapping on the keyboard, returning a message to him.

Message: (Sent) You're such a flirt. 

Jongidiot: be nice and i'll think about sharing my oreossss with yooou!

Message: (Sent) You give them to everyone.

Jongidiot: nope, only person that ever got to eat them were you. now, don't be sad. :)

Jongidiot: don't ask me how i know. i just know. (your brother told me. hit him not me)

Jongidiot: but seriously, pretty. you look the prettiest when you smile. 

Message: (Sent) I miss you. :\

Jongidiot: i said smile!!!! :):):):):):):) 

Message: (Sent) ...

Jongidiot: i'm going to pick you up tomorrow. don't ask me. be ready at 2pm. love yu!

Message: (Sent) Bring Oreos! (your mom's vegan homemade one, please!)

Jongidiot: ill think about it ;)

Kim Jongin was no therapist. He's just someone who could make me smile. 


Author's Note: I got random scene ideas for fillers/chapters lately, so I really wanted to write this because I really love Jongin in this story. And I know I said there will be more Baekhyun, but this chapter/(maybe) all of next chapter will be highly Sehun focused. Baekhyun will probably show up next chapter??? I'm not sure yet. LOL, I haven't wrote it yet, but I get random ideas all the time.

ALSKDFJALS I'M SO DISAPPOINTED THOUGH because it's not 2000 words. And I had a goal to make all my future chapters to be 2000 words. I didn't want to give away too much of the next chapter too, so you guys just have to wait. I'll try to make it 2000 next chapter though! Wish me luck!!