Chapter 7

The Lawyer

 

 

 

 

 

Yunho was smiling like an idiot every time when Yuri looking at him. He could not stop to hide his happiness. Today they were absent from the meeting with client, which was actually the client Yoong asked Yunho to ‘kidnap’ Yuri. So, gladly he accepted the idea and tried his best to make Yuri pleasant. He had shown her around to the most pleasurable places in the city. Now, they ended dinner at the rooftop of Yoona’s building and the stars seem spread above their head.

 

 “You and that alligator really planned all of this?” Yuri questioned with sarcasm “ , ,hardly to believe”

 

“She wants to give us time to break before the next court” Yunho explained patiently as he organize their dinner in the small table “I’m sorry because we have our dinner here instead of at restaurant. . ” he turned to check what she was doing behind him.

 

Yuri had lost in her own world as she stared at the wide sky. Then she remembered when she was a child. She was often to spend a night with her grandmother at their rooftop home to talk with her mom. Her mom passed away right after she was born.

 

“ehm. . . “ He coughed on purpose right behind the amazed Yuri, and she turned her head “I’m done with the table, do you want to eat now?”

 

Yuri softened seeing Yunho being so gentle to her. Heck, the whole day she kept complains and he always be patient, never once he protest with her behaviors.  

 

“em, , , Yunho, can we eat here?” Yuri asked hesitantly “. . . we can see the stars clearly from here” She reasoned out.

 

Without she gave any explanation Yunho will do everything she ask whole heartily.

 

“ anything for you” then he proceed to move the table.

 

Yuri immediately ran to help him. She felt so bad make difficulties for him.

 

“Yuri It’s okay, I can do it my self” He surprised when Yuri pop up behind him and lifted the other side of table.

 

“I insist to help you. . . .”

 

Yunho almost lost his soul when Yuri smiles to him “Yunho? Why you’re not moving?”

 

“what?”

 

“Aigo. . . . hurry up, I don’t want to miss the view” She pouted.

 

“There’s no cloud seen up there Yuri. We have a lot of time here, .”  They put the table right in the middle of the space.

 

Without wasting time Yuri sat down on the bare cement floor.

 

“Wait! You dirtied your skirt” He squealed in worry “you need this” He handed a thick fabric to cover.

 

She grinned sheepishly “It’s okay, you can use it, besides my skirt is already dirty”

 

“I guess we don’t need this then, , ,” he threw away the fabric and joined Yuri on the hard cold floor.

 

Yuri had already taken the food and begin to eat without waiting for Yunho “ You must be really hungry, miss “ Yunho chuckled.

 

Yuri lifted her head with full. She had a hard time to masticate the food because it was overload.

 

“Slow down beauty, you may choke out if you force it” He reassured.

 

Finally after manage to swallow it, she took a sip of her drink “You must be think that I’m really unladylike”

 

“Want to know a secret?” instead of giving her answer, he played along with her. Yuri looked so curious right now “I’ve learn about you”

 

“about what?” she asked impatiently.

 

He straighten his board build back “I see when you used with someone, you will show up these kind of behave, , , ,” But she doesn’t understand what he meant.

 

“Yoona told me that you’re really hyperactive and dorky, but you wouldn’t show it in front of stranger, moreover a guy. . . . ” He paused to see her reaction and satisfied as he saw Yuri’s red paint cheeks “. . .and you just did that unladylike of you in front of me” he stated in joyful.

 

“I. . .I just feel so hungry” She defended. Feeling so ashamed, Yuri couldn’t lift her head.

 

“Look at me, , ,” He spoke softly “Don’t need to be shy, you’re pretty whatever you do, Yuri”

 

Yuri’s face reddens as she looked directly at Yunho’s gorgeous face “, , t-thanks” she mumbled and continuing to eat to avoid his stare.

 

“Anyway, I have something to show you” Yunho said when they finish their ‘special dinner’. He walked to his big yet heavy bag which was he carried around and he took something.

 

He walked pass Yuri and ignite something on the corner “Wait over there” Then a beautiful fireworks show begin to emblazoned the night sky.  She smiles at the scene and clapping her hands like a child.

 

Instead of watching the fireworks, Yunho could not keep his eyes off Yuri. She looks so much like angel now, well, without white dress and wings of course.

 

She stood up and walked towards him “Yunho. . . . thank you so much for today. I know I’m being such a spoiled little brat today” She admitted.

 

“No, it’s not true. You’re being a beautiful lovely princess today” he praised. In fact, he would always like her no matter if she will turn into a devil.  “You like the show?”

 

“a lot. .” She smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona walked in rush towards her office right after she come out from the lift. Her hands were full with bag and big envelopes. Her secretary wasn’t there because it still too early. She shocked when she find out that her office door unlocked. Slowly she opened the door and gasped in surprise when she saw the sweet couple sleeping at her couch with Yunho back hugging Yuri.  She walked nearer them trying not to make any sounds then took her phone to captures the couple. When finally she got the nice picture, she decided not to wake the couple up. So, she left them and choosing to use her father office.

 

Yuri slowly opened her sleepy eyes as she felt a heavy arm slung on her waist. When the awareness hit her, she gaped. In horror she turned her head back and found Jung Yunho sleeping comfortably behind her and hugging her. HUGGING HER?!! She abruptly stood up causing him to wake in surprise.

 

“Oh my God! OH. MY. HOLLY. GOD.!” She bustled around the room while rubbing her temple.

 

“What’s wrong?” Yunho who seemed don’t understand with the situation, asked innocently.

 

“What’s wrong?” She couldn’t believe what she just heard “. . I fell a sleep here, , ,  with you!”  She pointed her index finger.

 

“Then what’s the problem?”

 

“hah?” She gawked in her spot.

 

Suddenly the door swung open revealed the grinning Yoona with her doe-eyes. She brought them breakfast and coffee “Good morning lovers. How’s your sleep?”

 

“Uh, its wonderful deer, ,you bring breakfast for us?” Yunho asked as he sat up.

 

Meanwhile Yuri’s mind wasn’t recover from her astound. She watched the two chatting but couldn’t move or even speak to them.

 

“Yuri, are you gonna stay there?” Yunho said as nothing had happened.

 

“Unnie, come here. I bought you your favorite coffee” She pointed at the table.

 

“You need me to carry you, right?” Yunho rise from the couch to approach the statue Yuri.

 

But before Yunho could touch her, Yoona snatch her away then dragged her to the washroom. “You stay here Oppa. I’ll take care of her”

 

She knew exactly what’s happen with Yuri. Once she closed the door, she hugged Yuri tightly and her back “. . Unnie? Please say something. . . .” She begged.

 

But Yuri kept silent. She doesn’t cry, she doesn’t speak, she doesn’t move, she just stayed still in Yoona’s embrace.

 

“. . Unnie? I’m sorry. . . please say something. . .” Yoona started to sobs.

 

Yuri remembered clearly every scene of it. It haunted her till now and scarier than a ghost for her. It had caused her feeling so unsecure when she is close next to the opposite gender. However, this man felt so different since the first time. He could made her blushing, he could made her feel secure, he could made her smile, he could touch her without making her remembering her nightmare.

 

“. .Yoong, . . . you know. . . . I feel. . . I feel so. . . . . . .safe?” She wasn’t sure but that what she feels right now.

 

Yoona rapidly pulled break the hug and gaping at her “Are you serious? Aren’t you supposed to feel ‘frightened’ right now?”

 

Yuri shook her head vigorously and smiling, relieves that she finally able to tell someone about how it feels.

 

“I know it! I know that he’s the one!” Yoona squealed in delight, “I’ll tell Soo Unnie right now” She stormed out the washroom, then came back again to pulled Yuri with her.

 

“Enjoy your breakfast guys” Yoona said sweetly when she returned Yuri to him before rush out of the room.

 

Yunho who waiting them with worry felt relieve when he saw Yoona smiled brightly while dragging Yuri and pushed her to sat beside him.

 

“There’s nothing happen, , ” Yuri reassured him “hm. . . This smells so good” She took her coffee and took a sip, a satisfied moan escaping her lips.

 

Watching Yuri looked so pleasant, Yunho withdraw his worry questions. Checking his phone, Yunho confused when there are twelve missed call from Siwon. Unusually Siwon called him that late. So, he dialed back his friend.

 

“Yuri, I’m going to call Siwon. Are you okay to be alone?” She nodded her head.

 

“I’ll be fast” with that he rushed out from Yoona’s office.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

thanks for your support, ,

I'm sorry for not updating fast

--> Chocolate_yul