Chapter 18

The Lawyer

 

 

 

His world seemed collapse in a flash. Yunho tried hard to wake up from whatever hit his sense yet he powerless. He felt pity for Yuri but most of all he felt pity for himself. What kind of man he was for such a blackguard leaving his darling girl alone when she was the one who needed the mollification. He did not know anymore about time. Yunho sat motionless till the sun crept up from the horizon.

 

He loved Yuri, but the news was kind of shocking. If he tried to stop her certainly she would feel more and more pain since he was not sure what to do. Grew up in a strict and upright family was giving him this kind of effect. Everything ought to be perfect. No flaw would be accepted. But it was not her entirely fault. She was victim.

 

“What’ve I done” He muttered.

 

All the spirit he had had vanished instantly. Even when his eyes kept glance at the phone, urging to call Yuri -to need to know how she was- his hands frozen. He was torn between run after her, begging for forgiveness or take a moment to think all over again.

 

Later in noon, rustle voices could be heard before his front door. Yunho abruptly glued his eyes on the door, half wishing Yuri came back to slap him so he could wake up. He frowned. It was female voice but not his Yuri. The front door slammed open, revealing Siwon in difficulty to calming his girl friend.

 

“Do you expect me to calm right now while Yuri wishing to die?!” Sooyoung glared at him through out Siwon broad shoulder. His fellow had his muscular arms around her to prevent her from doing anything violent.

 

“Let go of me you clod!” She roared, pushing his chest hard.

 

When finally Siwon stumbled backward, she stormed inside. Anger mirrored her brown orbs. Surprisingly Yunho had no fear of this chaos. He was numb.

 

“You, big oaf!” She yelled and in second Yunho felt something sting his right cheek.

 

“Soo, that’s enough!” Siwon ran to her side. Red mark crossed Yunho’s pale face but he kept silent.

 

“You’ve promised to me you’ll protect her, that you will never let anything hurt her,” Tears ran down her cheeks “But you’re the one who hurt her. Damn you Jung!”

 

Siwon held both of her arms while murmuring something in her hair. After a while there was only the sound of her sobs filling the room. She clung to Siwon and letting him to soothe her.

 

“I will never forgive your friend” She whispered into Siwon’s shoulder.

 

“I know, and so I am” Softly, Siwon her hair. Lifting her face, Siwon wipe the tears she wasted for her anger.

 

“But we need to hear from his side too baby”

 

In front of the sitting Yunho they argued what would they do next, clearly forgetting the subject of their argument right before them feeling so helpless.

 

“I don’t want to hear anything from him,” Sooyoung turned sharply to glare at Yunho “I can’t believe I could trust Yuri to you. That was the biggest mistake in my life. Now, stay away from her life, Jung. You do nothing but destroy her”

 

“Soo, Yunho deserve to explain the thing as well” Siwon reminded.

 

“Whose side are you?” She retorted “I am not negotiating with someone who hurt my friends”

 

“I’m not siding with anyone. It just that too unfair to chastise him like this” Siwon reasoned calmly. He did not want to upset his girl too far. If the one was on fire, the other one must be cold like ice.

 

“I don’t care about fairness. He had gone too far. He seduced Yuri and then dumped her like a trash after knowing her blemish”

 

Sudden anger filled Yunho. He did not dump Yuri. He just too shock after hearing her confession. He confused not cruel.

“I did not dump her Ms. Sooyoung” He hissed.

 

Surprised for a moment after hearing his objection, Sooyoung looked grimly at him “Then what will you call your action? Indifference?” She asked angrily.

 

Yunho breathed before met her eyes “I need a time for my self. This is too . . . unexpectedly” Half of him sighed in relief for finding the perfect word.

 

“But you said you love her. How come you let her suffer from your discard?”

 

Yunho felt tired all of sudden. He did not get his sleep. He skipped his diner, and the worse possibility he would loss Yuri “I did not do such things you said. Believe me I did -I do love her, but you can’t expect me to accept the news with open arms”

 

“I see. You disgust with her” She concluded “So this all settle. Don’t ever show up in front of her a. . . ”

 

“No, I’ll never grant your request” Stubborn as he did, he would never agree to this. If this matter must be cleared, it would only he and Yuri who could.

 

“I’m not requesting you, idiot!” She growled “I will never tolerate if you still dare to come upon her”

 

They heard Siwon murmured something in despair yet they ignored him, more likely forgetting his presence at all.

 

“This problem is mine and Yuri, miss. You have nothing to do with this” Yunho rose up and strode toward his room, good thing that Siwon kept his hold on his girl so that she could not follow him. Sensing that Sooyoung would never stop threaten him, he close the door rather loudly before lock it.

 

“Yah!!! You coward! I’m not finish with you!” She struggled inside Siwon arms.

 

“Hey, hey, enough with this baby. He’s not listening anyway,” 

 

Sooyoung glared at her boyfriend but instead he dragged her out of the house. Siwon kept his grip tight on her arms yet gently enough not to hurt her. When they finally outside the door, he closed it and satisfied when the door lock automatically.

 

“What do you thing you are doing?” She snarled, annoyed written in her face.

 

“Put your anger on me instead if its can make you feel better”

 

“Of course! With all pleasure you’ve to bear my wrath” She her heels and left him alone “Don’t follow me. I need a time with Yuri”

 

“Soo. . .” Siwon called pleadingly but she ignored him. Drat! Now he really was the one who had to receive her wrath “Great!”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Soo was really mad, and I believe Yunho deserved it

Thanks for the those comments you guys gave me. I love you ^^