Chapter 2

The Lawyer

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yoboseo?” Yuri picked her ringing phone as she put the spatula on the table.

 

“Unnie, I need your help. Could you come to my office right now?” It was Yoona from other line. Her tone was serious. Yuri knew there must be something urgent going on.

 

“Arasseo Yoong, wait for me.”

 

“Ne, thanks Unnie.” Then she hung up the phone.

Yuri immediately get dressed and canceling her cuisine time. She grabbed her purse and her key car then rushed to the parking lot after lock her apartment. Fortunately, Yoona’s office building is not too far from her apartment. She parked her car in front of huge and luxurious building then running to the lift. She took the highest floor whereas Yoona room is placed.

She knocked the door lightly.

 

“Just come in Unnie.” It was Yoona voice. Yuri turned the door knob and entered the room. Yoona was waiting her inside with someone. Yuri could not see who the person was because he back facing her.

 

Yoona smiled to her. “I’m sorry unnie making you in rush. Sit down here” She patted the empty space beside her. Yuri almost reached the couch when Yoona introduce him. “Oh and meet Jung Yunho.”

She stopped in her spot and turned her head. Yunho stood up to handshake with her, offering his hand and warm smile. Yuri looked so surprised causing her just bowed to Yunho before sat uncomfortable beside Yoona. Yunho chuckled to ease the atmosphere and pulled his hand back.

 

“Someone still looks angry to me.” Yunho scoffed.

Yoona understood why Yuri was behaving like this. She remembered the previous Yuri case was against Yunho.

 

“Unnie, are you okay? If you feel unpleasant I wouldn’t force you to help me.” Yoona looked at her with concern.

 

“It’s okay Yoong. Just explain to me what case this time?” She held Yoona hand, signaling that she was okay with this circumstance.

While Yoona explained the situation to her, she could feel that Yunho was staring at her.  She shifted uncomfortable in her seat. Sometimes when Yoona wasn’t notice, she was sending glare to Yunho who immediately acting innocent.

 

“Unnie, I need your help and I hope you can cooperate with Mr. Jung.” She pleaded.

Yuri took a deep heavy breath. She stood up and walked to the window. It was impossible for her to work with Jung, No! It’s absolutely impossible. But her best friend really needs her right now and she is actually Yoona’s company lawyer. It must be serious case until Yoona hire Yunho to help her. She sighed and turned her head. Yoona and Yunho were watching her patiently, deep inside their heart they wish that Yuri will agree.

 

“I’m in.” Her voice almost choked seeing Yunho’s deadly smile. How can he look so gorgeous now? Well, he always looks gorgeous all the time. It just she never accepted the fact before and always avoiding him.

 

“Good choice. Now, help me with these documents instead of gawking me over there.” He with his eyes, his hand gesturing her to come closer.

 

Yuri narrowed her eyes but at last walked to him. Yoona excuse her self and leave both of them at her office busy examining the case. Both of them work really passionately till they didn’t notice that the sun had turn into the moon. Yuri stretched her back because she had been crouched her back for hours and she gasped seeing her surroundings.

“Mr. Jung, , ,” She patted the man beside her. “I think we must go home now.”

Yunho titled his head to her direction. His eyes were droopy, his face was tired and his hair was messy but he looked so mind-numbingly handsome with the glasses hanging on his sharp nose leaving Yuri gaped at the scene.

 

“I haven’t finished yet.” He raised his brows and Yuri drifted in her thought “But you can go home first, Yuri.”

 

 Wait! Did he just call my name without any suffix? She was narrowing her eyes. “Did you just call my name?”

 

He nodded his head naively. “Am I wrong? Your name is not Yuri?”

 

“No! It just that you should give suffix or you have to call my family name” She lectured the grinning Yunho.

 

He shifted from his position to face Yuri. “Look, we will work together and it will be more helpful if we get along each other, one of them by calling our nick name, , ,” He paused. “and you have to call me just ‘Yunho’.”

 

“I don’t think so, Mr. Jung. I’m usually worked with professionalism, , ” She snapped back. “and rule no.1 is no intimacy.” She was strictly explained earning chuckles from him.

 

“Unfortunately my rules are different with you.” Yuri immediately sullen disagrees with his statement.

Yunho amused looking Yuri’s face. She looked so deadly cute with her aegyo. He is really thankful to Yoona and willing work for free as long as he’s working with Yuri. He took his glass off to clarify his sight of Yuri. An idea popped on his head.

 

“Hmm,,, how about if we having dinner first? my treat?” He suggested.

 

“No thanks. I’ve prepare my dinner.” She settled down her things and ignoring the man beside her.

 

He followed Yuri to settle his things.  “I will have my dinner at your house then” Yuri stopped from what she was doing and gawking disbelieved. She grabbed Yunho’s hand to stop him.

 

“No!” She shouted in horrified.

 

“I take it as agreement to my invitation, then?” Yuri knew he was playing with her.

 

She groaned disagree but then nod her head to the joyful Yunho. “Your treat right?”

 

“my pleasure, Ms. Kwon.”

 

 

 

Yuri left her car at Yoona’s building because Yunho insist to use his own car. She was too hungry to have another quarrel with him and agree without fight back. She sat in silent, having no intention to start conversation with him. He seemed understand her feeling because he didn’t ask any question to her. Yunho brought her to his favorite restaurant, for the explicit, it is Siwon restaurant.

 

“We’ve arrive, Yuri.” He tugged Yuri’s arm gently to wake her up. She surprised a bit then nodded her head.

 

When they entered the entrance Yuri suddenly stop seeing Siwon stand at the cashier. She slapped Yunho back panicky. “Why is Choi Siwon here?” She asked abruptly.

 

“Calm down, ,” He held Yuri’s hand and caress it gently. “It’s Siwon restaurant.” Yuri didn’t notice that he was dragged by Yunho towards the surprised Siwon. “I’ll introduce you to him.” He whispered.

 

“Hello there pretty. It’s nice to see you here.” Siwon was happily welcoming the statue Yuri.

 

“Yuri, this is Siwon.” They stopped in front of the grinning Siwon.

 

Finally she could arise from her shock. “I – I know, we’ve met . . . before at the . . . court, r - right?” She stuttered.

 

“I’m not biting pretty, no need to afraid.” Siwon took her hand to kiss her back palm. “Welcome to my restaurant.” Yuri was staring him with horror. What would Sooyoung reaction if she know this?

 

“Stop frightens her!” Yunho snatched Yuri’s hand from his grasp. “Let’s we eat. I’m really, extremely hungry, Yuri.” Yunho whined to her and pulled her to the near seat.

 

“Why don’t you tell me before?” She glared at Yunho once the waitress leaves them.

 

“because, you’re not asking me before.” He flashed those deadly smiles again. “It’s not about the place Yuri. You will understand after you taste the cooking.” He reassured.

Yuri was never presuming what Yunho said is true. She was enjoying the food and forgot about her anger few minutes ago. Furthermore, it’s for free so she would eat all she wants. Perhaps, she will put this restaurant into her favorite list. Yuri was busy eating when her phone ringing loudly. When she saw the caller ID, she was feverishly picked up the call while Yunho watching her cautiously.

 

“yoboseo?” Her voice was really slow.

 

“N-no, . . I’m not. . . . . I’m having dinner with my partner” Her eyes were staring at Yunho with horror. “Don’t!” She yelled out loud. “I. . I. . I mean he will drive me home, , , ,  , just wait there. I’ll be done in a minutes.” She shifted uncontrollably in her seat. “You don’t have to, . . .. I swear he’s nice. . . . .ok,”  Once she ended the call, she immediately stood up and pick her things.

 

“wow,,, hold on!” Yunho quickly grabbed both of her hands.

 

“I have to go, Sooyoung waiting me.” She pleaded.

 

Sooyoung? It explained everything.

 

“Sit down Yuri. It’s okay.” His tone was really gentle and calming, making Yuri hard to resist it. And he flashed her again his gorgeous smile.

 

“Look Mr. Jung, I’m really grateful for the dinner, but I have to go now because if I’m not coming home in 20 minutes she will pick me up and I’m sure you don’t want we have another court because of the two selfish human, am I right?” Yuri babbled with panicking.

 

“I’ll drive you home.” He stood up and calling the waitress leaving Yuri grumbles in her seat.

 

“No thanks! I can take taxi from here.” She insisted.

 

“You said that earlier Yuri, that I will drive you home and. . .  I am a nice guy?” He raised his eyebrows.

 

“Just drive me to my car,” She begged “please. . .”

 

Yunho was thinking for a moment, he considering what will happen if Sooyoung see both of them together “fine”

 

Yuri finally exhaling the air she’d been holding on while waiting for Yunho’s answer “thanks.”

 

 

 

 

since I'm free I can update this one fast

thanks for comments and subs

love you reader...