Chapter 20

The Lawyer

 

 

 

After another two night addition of despair, Yunho couldn’t hold any longer. He had to see her. He badly missed her. Without her he wrecked. That when he opened his eyes the very first in the morning, he realized. He loved her and nothing matters. What past is past and past isn’t supposed to spoil the future.

 

Yunho groaned, hoping badly that it wasn’t too late to apologize, to beg her to come back, and most of all to save his heart. He dashed toward bathroom, cleaning his self as fast as he could. He would not waste the time any longer. He had promised to God that he would make her happy. And she was the only one who could make his happy.

 

He frowned as he stood in front of the dressing mirror looking at the reflection of him self “I am a bloody coward” anxious washed him. Should he make a speech? He would likely lose his voice in front of her.

 

Siwon.

 

Yunho roamed the used to call his tidy and neat bedroom “Hell,” He muttered as he could not find his phone “Where the damned thing is?”

 

Five minutes after he flipped things from his large bed, he found his phone slipped beneath the rumpled of blanket. As he turned it on, there were 53 miscalls, 28 messages and 20 voice mails. Most of it came from his clients which was he ignored them. His priority was Yuri and no one could stop him.

 

“Pick it up, man” He waited for seconds before Siwon’s voice greeted him.

 

“We have to meet, your restaurant, right now. I’ll kill you if you late” Dimly he could hear his friend swearing on the other line before he ended the phone. He drove in hurry and reached Siwon’s place in fifteen minutes.

 

“Well, that’s pretty fast dude” Siwon stood in front of the entrance, arms crossed and an irritated face.

 

“Not so fast like you” Yunho walked approach him.

 

“Actually I slept over” Siwon glared “Whatever happens to you, it’s very rude to threaten your dearest friend the first time you finally make a phone call.  What is it now?”

 

Yunho grimaced “I need your help”

 

“You always do” Siwon muttered, but something caught his interest. He found Yunho dressed neatly. And he looked clean. His anger replaced with curiosity “By God you look thinner. What is it the last time I saw you? It was just two days ago. Were you eating well Yunho?”

 

Yunho stopped and rolled his eyes. He did not need his concern “You’re not my mother. Stop babbling about things, and how in the world I can find my appetite in this kind of situation?” He snapped.

 

Siwon lifted his brow suspiciously “Then why are you here? Did someone knock you head? Or were you just bang your head into the wall? How did you get your senses back? Enlighten me Yunho”

 

“I’m not in the mood for joking. I’m serious now. Will you help me or not?” Yunho clenched his fists and automatically Siwon alarmed.

 

“Alright madman. What do you need me to do?”

 

Yunho sighed in relief and took few steps closer “Come with me to Yuri’s place”

 

Reluctant smile crossed Siwon’s lips before then changed into a wide grin “You are afraid, are you not?”

 

“Oh dear God. Will you stop teasing me?” He growled “I won’t have my head threw over something and we very likely who will do that” He frowned as the image of Sooyoung throwing things over him.

 

“Sooyoung will think this as conspiracy”

 

“Well, make her out of Yuri’s house for an hour. Take her to anywhere. Maybe an hour is too long, make it half” Never once Yunho pleaded to anyone. But this wasn’t the time to care about his pride. He really needed to see Yuri.

 

“Are you kidding me? My girlfriend’s rooted her feet on that house. I couldn’t even meet her since she thought I’m on your side”

 

“Oh,” Yunho never thought it would be that serious yet it was utterly serious “I’m sorry then to make you guys fighting”

 

“That is too late” Siwon muttered “But maybe I can try. Let’s go, I badly want to see that stubborn girl as well” He grinned and half dragged Yunho into his car.

 

 

 

They stopped the car in front of the building. The two men stared in admiration as if it was new awe-stricken building ever made. And the two men had the same purpose. That was to call on their girlfriends.

 

“Are you ready?” Siwon glanced at his side and chuckling when he saw how tense Yunho was in his seat “Easy boy,” He patted Yunho’s shoulder.

 

“Don’t laughing over me. See your self how well you will control yours” He retorted.

 

“At least I am romantic type”

 

Yunho scowled before climbed down the car “I’ll hide and you tell me if you manage to get her out” He walked away without hearing his answer.

 

“Mr. Bloody arrogant” Siwon cursed before dialed Sooyoung’s number.

 

Anticipated, Yunho slip his figure on the corner of the hallway. Thanks for his losing weight he could hide well behind the giant-live plant in the pot. Minutes passed to hours. He began to swearing before then Yuri’s door clicked open. Yunho thrilled. Sooyoung walked out of the door grumpily, muttering something about ‘blasted boyfriend’. Yunho grinned widely. ,

 

When she finally disappeared inside the lift, he ran to the door and reached for it before it could close and locked. He swiftly slipped inside without making any sound. Thanks for Sooyoung, she took care of Yuri. Mouth-watering smell of roast chicken wafted about the rooms. Yunho roamed his eyes. Where was Yuri?

 

But then he stiffened as he could feel someone watching from behind his back. He turned to find Yuri stood few inches from the door of her room. Yunho groaned. She looked thousand more broken than him. She was trembling.

 

“Yuri” He called softly, winched when he noted the pain in her warm eyes. The knot inside his chest loosened a bit at her sight. He missed her badly he could barely breath.

 

“What . . . You . . . I can’t” She shattered in fear.

 

“I apologize,” Arranging very long speech would not make any good “I love you and nothing matters”

 

“But you . . .”

 

“I am a stupid and I am a fool, I know that. I don’t want –I can’t let you go. I need you” He stated desperately as he drew near.

 

Hope ignited within her but she kept her serenity “Nothing matters? Your family?”

 

Yunho took her hands and dropped on knees in front of her, smiled when she wasn’t drew back or flinched of his touch.

 

 “Nothing matters” He stated firmly.

 

Oh she did want to believe him. The fact that happened stated otherwise. And she had fallen deeply in agony because of that. But little touch from his warm hands melted her. She craved and longing for everything about him. She needed him as badly as he needed her. Yes. He needed her. Yuri could see it in his eyes. Before she could utter an answer the door burst open, revealing Sooyoung followed by Siwon behind. Her expression darkened as she shot gaze at them.

 

“God. This is not good” Yunho whispered loudly. From the expression on Sooyoung’s face, it really was not good.

 

“Get up now!” Sooyoung snapped, gesturing with her finger. She shot blade gaze at Yunho when she caught at the sight of their clasping hands.

 

“Baby . . .” Siwon gripped her arms gently. Slowly Yunho rose on his heels as he letting go of Yuri’s hands.

 

“Soo, it’s okay. He said sorry.” Yuri’s eyes gleaming with tears and she smiled. She had forgiven him. She should forgive him now or she would die if not. The thought made her smile even deeper.

 

“Hell! It took days for you to apologize?” Soo growled at Yunho. It seemed that he would likely become the target of her flaring temper.

 

“It’s barely a week” Siwon supplied. As the result, Sooyoung turned to him with glare and she wrenched free from his grips.

 

Yuri took his hand and slipped her smaller one into his “Soo it’s alright. I forgive him. It’s not his fault”

 

“And it’s not your fault as well!” Soo finally gave up from struggling and let Siwon held her, but she remained her glower on Yunho.

 

“It’s nobody’s fault then” Siwon remarked and Yunho sent him grateful nod.

 

“Will you just shut up?!”

 

“No I can’t” Siwon answered firmly. Yunho caught determination in his eyes.  Maybe now he would stop his little game of defeat “Everyone got their happiness. Why can’t I get mine? You’ve promised me that we could marry this week”

 

Yuri clamped with her free hand after hearing the news, surprise and happiness for her dearest friend written clearly as her eyes dancing.

 

“Not after your blasted friend ruined my best friend” Soo accused.

 

No matter how pleased to hear their argument, Yunho found his attention focused on the lady beside him, and their entwine hands. He watched her closely chuckling over the argument their friends made. And then her attention darted to him as she looked up. Her eyes warmed and the amusement faded. Yunho breathed, happy to the fact that they could be together again, that she was finally his now.

 

“What?” She mouthed.

 

Yunho smiled “Let’s leave them to finish whatever their problem is” She nodded and they left the room in silent.