Group Three (Part Three)

Experiment 113: Sanity

Changjo cringed as he shut the door – feeling horrible for doing this to the defenseless older male. He had no idea of what else to do, the older male needed his wounds to be taken care of and the only way to do so is by getting some supplies from the room up on the second floor and that was far too dangerous for the elder to do with how serious the injury was to his muscle.

Changjo closed his eyes and took a deep breath – clearing his mind and blocking out the elder’s sobs as he made sure the door was shut before moving out of the room and retracing his steps to the entrance hall. He strained his ears to hear any sign of movement and luckily, there was none. He took a deep breath – he felt horribly light headed now that he was alone and he could feel his mind playing tricks on him as he approached the body of the monster he had previously killed – he saw where pieces of different people’s body parts had been sown together. He gagged as the scent of rotting flesh that was becoming stronger as he approached the body – what had finally made him feel the bile moving up his throat though was not the smell, but what the horrible creatures face now looked like after the fourteen year old had attacked it. Changjo covered his mouth and backed away from it – horrified at the damage he had done, completely understanding why Ricky had been terrified of him for a couple of minutes after he had awoken from his trance.

 

“Cap,” whispered Niel, as the duo entered a rather smelly room with both tiled walls and floors, there were no windows, in turn meaning that they had no source of light other than the candle sticks – not that there was much change, but still, knowing that there were no escape routes made Niel heart beat pick up speed – speeding up to a pace that it hadn’t been going before as he strode towards the older male.

“What is it Niel?” questioned Cap, nonchalantly despite his mind going haywire as well, due to the fact there were no escape routes.

“I don’t like it here,” whispered Niel, “This place gives me the creeps more than the medical room did.”

Cap turned to look at Niel, “I know, it freaks me out too, but we need to examine this room – who knows what secrets this room holds, what lies in the darkness.”

“Cap, you’re not helping,” whispered Niel, looking away from the older male and towards the door they came into the room through – he let out a terrified gasp as he saw a figure standing in the doorway – sure the light in the hall wasn’t that bright, but it still illuminated the figure, “C-Cap.”

“What is it now?” hissed Cap, turning his attention towards the younger, whose tremors had suddenly, became worse. The older saw that the younger was pointing at something – following the male’s finger with his gaze, he let out his own shocked gasp.

 “Please tell me that is an illusion,” whispered Niel, backing away as the figure moved a step closer.

“As much as I wish I could tell you that, I can’t,” muttered CAP, “because if I did, I’d be lying.”

Niel continued to back up, only to suddenly let go of Cap as he tripped over something and fell backwards – his hitting the cool tile on the floor and his already wounded head hitting off the wall. A groan slipped from between the younger’s lips as his hands automatically touched the bandage around his head – feeling a liquid of some sort soaking through it, obviously some wound was reopened.

“Niel, you okay?” questioned CAP, spinning around to face Niel, only to look at what Niel tripped over in shock.

Niel, despite looking through hazy eyes, followed the older male’s shocked gaze only to scream and jump up onto his feet – not caring too much about the dizzy spell that soon fell over him. His eyes were nearly bulging out of the sockets as he stared at the decaying body on the floor – it was covered in flies and smelled horrible. The younger felt bile rising in his throat and looked away, trying hard to keep it down – not wanting to throw up in front of the older male.

“Niel?” whispered CAP in worry, looking around for Niel who had stepped out of the candle light in his panic.

Niel fell onto his knees, the dizziness taking ahold of him, forcing him to the ground, he felt his heart pounding in his chest and looked up towards CAP – watching as the figure of their stalker slowly approached CAP from behind. Seeing that the older male was in danger, he managed to swallow down the lump rising in his throat and yell out a warning, “Cap, behind you!”

As soon as the warning left Niel’s lips, Cap spun around and kicked the approaching figure’s chest, knocking it to the ground and disarming it – the old rusty knife now laid at Cap’s foot while the ‘stalker’ had been thrown back a couple of feet. The enemy groaned, slowly standing up – their eyes searching for their weapon while they did so. Cap moved forward, paying no mind to the knife on the ground as he walked in the direction he knew their stalker had landed – still managing to hold the candle in his hands.

As soon as their stalker had come into view, CAP kicked the unsuspecting victim – knocking the male back onto the ground – not paying any attention to the man’s face, not wanting to see it as he kicked the man in the head countless times. The man that was being assaulted by CAP groaned in pain, but never cried out like a normal person.

Once CAP Was sure the stalker wouldn’t be returning to his feet, he returned to where he was last standing, picking up the knife and pocketing it for later before going to where he predicted Niel to be sitting in the dark. When Niel finally returned to his vision, he automatically crouched down, wrapping his free arm around the younger’s shoulder and pulling him close – seeking comfort from the younger male. His hands were shaking and his own heart was pounding hard – however, through the hug, he managed to calm down just a little bit.

Niel on the other hand, tightly wrapped his arms around the older male, burying his face in the elder’s shoulder – trying hard not to lose himself to the deranged nightmares plaguing his brain; trying hard not to lose to the darkness that had started to consume his mind, his thoughts.

He continued to tremble rather violent in Cap’s arms as his vision flashed red and he saw two men standing in a shower room together – the room was well lit and both were standing in a shower stall together in a rather intimate position. As he – in his vision – approached them, he recognized them as his friend Chanhee and their bully L.Joe. He looked at them in shock, only to see a shadow approaching them – he opened his mouth to scream out, but nothing came out – tears built up as he watched the shadow raise the familiar rusted knife and swing it down. He flinched as crimson colored blood splattered against the spotless white walls and floors and he came face to face with the mutilated bodies of Chanhee and L.Joe. He let out a terrified scream.

Cap, started at the male in his arms in worry and fear – the boy was hyperventilating, his heart rate was out of this world, his body was trembling violently as if it had gone into a seizure, and his mouth moved as if he was trying to speak but no words came out only grunts and groans of pain. Cap jumped back in complete and utter horror as the male let out a blood curtailing scream before falling limp in the elder’s arms.

Cap stared at the unconscious male, his head slowly staring to ache.

 

Changjo cautiously climbed the grand staircase – ducking behind a table of some sorts as he heard a thud echo in the main room – his heart pounding as he peeked out to see that two of the monsters had broken through the door, obviously attracted to the room from the ruckus they had previously made. The two monsters limped horribly slowly through the main hall – both had stopped at the foot of the stairs and looked directly at Changjo – making eye contact with him through the dark. Changjo held his breath, silently praying the monsters would continue to walk – continue straight through the room to the next hall.

The monsters, obviously not spotting him, continued on their way – one heading towards the kitchen and the other towards the hall – Changjo picked up a book, ready to throw it across the room to distract the monsters – to lure them away from Ricky’s current position. However, just as he was about to throw the book, a blood curtailing scream echoed through the halls of the second floor and into the entrance hall – attracting the attention of both the monsters, who both suddenly started sprinting towards the stairs despite how horribly slow they had previously moving.

Changjo, sensing the danger, took off running in the direction the scream came from – not caring for the fact he just attracted the monster’s attention to himself since he felt as through it’d be smarter to run than to sit there and hid in plain sight, where it was obvious the monsters would find him – these monsters seemed smarter than the last one he dealt with and that fact terrified him.

 

Cap despite his better judgment, crouched down in a far corner of the room and blew out his candle as he cradling the unconscious male ever so closer – his eyes peering at the door frame as he heard the sound of multiple sets of footsteps racing towards the room. He silently prayed that they wouldn’t enter the room.

 

Changjo pushed his already exhausted legs to the limits as he ran blindly towards the he first room he could make out through the darkness –the door was wide open and the room was pitch black – a easy place to hide. He ducked into the room and pelted a candle stick down the hall, the thud causing one of the two predators to continue down the hall. The other monster, however, froze by the door frame looking as if he was sniffling the air. As the monster’s foot became visible – due to the very little eerie light coming in from the hallway – Changjo pressed himself up against the wall holding his breath yet again. He felt his heart beating harshly – as if it was going to beat its way out of his chest. The monster walked into the room – completely ignoring Changjo, however the fourteen year old didn’t relax since he wasn’t safe yet, he could feel someone else’s presence in the room. The male peered at the monster as it slowly limped its way to the corner of the room diagonal from him and into the darkness where it was no longer visible.

 

Cap watched as what seemed to be an actual human boy ducked into the room, hiding in the corner nearest to the door but still hidden in the shadows. His gaze had followed the boy and continued to stare at the male through the darkness that sat around them. His gaze only leaving the male when he saw the monster limping his way – the nasty creature sniffed the air, which Cap just realized, had a metallic scent to it, eagerly moving towards the corner in which the two teens were hiding. Cap closed his eyes tightly, feeling as though the end had come for him and Niel; however he opened it when he heard a thud. He looked up just in time to see the monster eagerly pulling the man who CAP had previously beat up out of the room eagerly and down the hall – opposite the way he had come.

As soon as the coast was clear, Cap gently set down Niel’s body and stood up, pulling out the rusted knife from before as he slowly made his way to where the male was sitting in the corner. He walked silently and held his breath – giving no signs of his arrival until he pressed the cool metal of the knife against the male’s neck.

“Who are you?” whispered Cap, his voice was quiet to be sure not to attract any more attention in the room that held no escape routes, however his voice was also very threatening and scary – he felt the male before him tremble.

“I’m Changjo,” whispered the other male, his voice wavering, “I-I’m looking for b-bandages.”

“Why?” questioned CAP.

“My friend – he’s one of us – his leg is injured,” whispered Changjo, “He needs to be taken care of…I just need to know where the medical room is.”

“We were just there,” muttered Cap, pulling his knife away from the boys throat before reaching into his pocket for a lighter and candle stick – lighting it up and revealing the young teen’s face – when he saw the boys’ face he knew the male was young, he felt something bubble up in his chest: the need to protect the young male, “How old are you?”

“Fourteen,” stated Changjo, taking the offered hand, “my friend is fourteen as well. Also, we?”

Cap motioned towards the dark corner he had come from – the corner Changjo recognized as the corner the monster went towards, “I’m traveling around with a kid named Niel. The person you saw the monster dragging away attacked Niel and I, he had apparently been following Niel and I from the medical room until this point.”

“What is wrong with Niel?” asked Changjo, seeing the unconscious male come into view through the dim light.

“He had some sort of episode and passed out,” muttered Cap, before looking at Changjo, “Help he get him onto my back.”

 Changjo nodded and set the candle stick on the ground – he aided Cap in getting the unconscious male onto the male’s back. Once Niel was on Cap’s back, Changjo retrieved the candlestick from the floor.

“I take it he’s the one I heard scream?”

Cap nodded, “He is.”

Changjo sighed, looking at the unconscious older male, he gasped – seeing the white bandaged around the boy’s head slowly being stained by a crimson liquid.

“What is it?” asked Cap.

“His head is bleeding.”

“We’ll take care of it when we take care of your friend,” stated Cap, “Take me to where he is.”

Changjo nodded as he peeked cautiously into the hall and heading in the direction he had previously come from. 

 

Here is the first of two chapters...the next chapter should be up in a few hours.

Sorry taking so long to update. 

If you are confused by anything, please ask and I'll answer them in the next chapter. ^^ 

Also, we've almost reached 90 subscribers, we're just one off - thank you all for reading.

Also thank you to those who've commented (I always enjoy hearing your opinions).

I'll try to update faster.