Group One (Part One)

Experiment 113: Sanity

 

“L.”

Fists clenched together.

“L.”

Teeth gritted.

“L…”

Hands shook as the boy tried to restrain himself.

“L!”

“WHAT!?” Yelled Myungsoo, spinning on his heel to look at the older, more annoying male who looked at him in shock, Sungyeol opened his mouth to speak but was cut off when a sudden higher pitched roar was heard from farther down the hall.

“What is that noise?” asked Sungyeol, the light in his eyes faded quickly and fear consumed the features of his face.

“I don’t know…” muttered L, listening out for any signs of the creature, just as he was about to speak again he heard the faint yet loud patter of feet running down the cobble stone floors.

Looking at the older male, the look of sheer terror on the older male’s face proved to him that he wasn’t delusional; looking in the direction of the sound he saw a horrendous looking creature gimping its way towards them.

“What is that thing?” whimpered Sungyeol, fear coursing through his veins as the horrendous creature took a step closer to the pair.

“I don’t know but it doesn’t look too friendly,” Muttered L, “I think he was one of the experiments Dr. Esper decided to kindly warn us about…”

The thing let out another roar and began to move towards them at an unbelievable speed. Myungsoo reacted first and grabbed Sungyeol’s wrist, pulling the shocked and terrified older male behind him as he took off running in the opposite direction trying to get away from the creepy monster that was following them, letting out enraged roars. The two ran through door after door, being sure to close each one behind them, which delayed the enraged monster a bit, so they had somewhat of a lead on the creature. The two ran around like that for an hour before they finally lost the monster and most of the doors were completely destroyed. The two decided to crouch down behind a lot of barrels so that they could catch their breath and rest for a while.

“What the heck was that thing?” muttered Sungyeol, his voice wavering a bit from fear and exhaustion.

“I don’t know…” whispered Myungsoo in return, for once he actually looked at the older male, “one thing I do know is that I don’t want to run into it ever again.”

Sungyeol nodded, flinching when he heard the sound of the monster’s gimp and the loud breath of the creature created from different people’s limbs stitched together. Subconsciously, he curled up against Myungsoo’s side, covering his ears and biting his lip to hold back the whimpers of fear that were threatening to escape. Myungsoo, seeing that the older male was scared, looked up into the nearly pitch black room and narrowed his eyes attempting to see where the monster was standing. Finally he spotted the ugly creature in the opposite corner of the room, he spotted the creature moving along the walls, his own heartbeat began to pick up as the monster slowly came closer and closer to the two who huddled closer together looking away from the monster that was lurking in the room, examining the room with blind eyes, listening for any sound.

 

Sungjong’s hands were shaking which made the beam of his flashlight waver, the boy’s stomach was hurting and his head throbbing, since his encounter with the two girls who were obviously insane and seeing the two dead bodies. After they had left he slipped through the heavy metal door and looked around the new room, it was a cellar.  

However he didn’t look around too long since he heard the two women whispers to each other and the moan/growl of some sort of creature that he could see approaching the girls at a rapid pace, obviously going to attack them. Not wanting to watch the three fight, he entered and went through the closest door (which was heavy metal like the one he previously exited) hoping that it would take him out of this blasted basement, which lead him into a hallway filled with boxes. There was no odd scent or sound, so he walked slowly and silently, seeing the door at the other end of the hall.

After getting to the door, he opened it up and he walked into a room to see barrels in one corner, however he paused and heard something rushing towards him, looking up just in time, he saw a clawed hand swiping at his head, just barely jumping away from the monster; he escaped with just a wound on his shoulder and a scrape on his knee from where he fell down. He shone the flashlight on the creature to get a better look at the creature that was standing there moving around. Moving his head as if he was listening to the sounds in the area, Sungjong held his breath and watched as the monster, who was face to face with him pulled away and moved through the door he had previously come from.

Sungjong stood absolutely still until there was no sound of the monster remaining, he then took a deep breath and stood up on trembling legs, gazing around the room, he looked at the barrels and noticed that their positions had changed. With cautious and silent steps, he made his way towards them, tempted to hold his breath since it was rather loud in the nearly silent room. Coming to the line of barrels, he shone it past them to see another male and one whom was oddly familiar by his side.

His jaw dropped as the two boys turned their heads, the one dropping his hands from his ears, “S-Sungyeol…”

“Jongie?” whispered the older male in amazement, “How did you get here? Where did the monster go?”

“He’s gone,” Whispered the other male, who wore an emotionless mask, “We should be getting out of here…We don’t know if that friend will return and we don’t know when our previous friend will catch up to us.”

Sungyeol nodded and stood up with the other male who choose to fall silent and look away from the two as they hugged.

“Hyung, where is Hoya and Channie, are they both here as well?” asked Sungjong, latching onto his arm.

“I really don’t know Jongie…” whispered Sungyeol, caressing the younger’s throbbing head, “Are you well?”

Sungjong nodded, “I just have a slight wound on my shoulder…I feel a little light headed as well…”

The other male glanced at Sungjong, curiously gazing at him, “You came from the sewer, didn’t you? You’re the control?”

Sungjong nodded, “Did you get that message as well?”

Sungyeol nodded, “We did…”

“What direction did you go?” asked the emotionless male Sungjong didn’t know the name of.

“The direction the monster came.” Said Sungjong, “Also, that monster didn’t have eyes.”

“Then how did he know where you are?” asked Sungyeol.

“His hearing…” said the other male, moving towards the door.

“Where are you going?” asked Sungyeol, grabbing ahold of the other male’s arm.

“I’m leaving, what else do you think I’d be doing?” asked the other male, looking at the older male, before turning to look at Sungjong, “What room is on the other side of that hallway?”

“A wine cellar…” said Sungjong, “However I didn’t really get a chance to look around because there was a monster and two insane women in there.”

“Wait, so, you’re telling me that there are two monsters and two insane women in there now?” said the other male, Sungjong nodded, “That is just great!”

They heard a growl come from the other side of the room, it was muffled and there was a sudden thud on the previous door, they looked at each other and all silently agreed that they needed to get moving, the three then rapidly moved into the hallway, barricading the door they came from with both lighter and heavier boxes.

“It seems as though our friend is back…” whispered Sungyeol to the other male who nodded, they both then heard the rattle of chains and looked at each other, knowing that they had attracted their blind friend with all the noise they had previously made.

“Great, we just locked ourselves in here, sandwiched between two monsters…” muttered the other male, he looked at Sungjong with a glare, “I’m L by the way, and we will go by my rules alright?”

Sungjong gave the older male a bored look, “No, that’s not alright. You’re not the boss of me.”

“Both of you stop this,” hissed the choding who stood between them, “Now is not the time to act like this…we’re trapped between who monsters that are out to kill us.”

The younger two looked at him and thought about it before nodding, and L spoke up, “Fine then, let’s get going.”

“I’ll lead the way.” Said Sungjong, “Since I know where I’m going.”

L rolled his eyes and Sungyeol sighed, following behind the two carrying a small, light-weight box without the other two realizing it. They all were silent as they walked, they could hear the chain dragging across the stone floors getting louder, signifying that they were approaching the blind monster.

When they got closer to the monster, they heard the monster’s pace increase as he headed straight towards them. Sungjong stood frozen in shock and fear and Sungyeol pulled the younger male towards the wall, pressing both himself and his younger brother into the wall as L had already done. Sungyeol kept his hand over his brother’s mouth after throwing the box in the direction of the other monster that was now trying to break through the wooden door at the end of the hall. The blind creature’s course then changed directions, heading right past the three.

“Run.” Whispered Sungyeol, and with that the three dashed towards the thick metal door that was a mere three feet away and would keep both monsters locked up in the section of the house. The three ran towards the door, trying hard to ignore the ringing sound of the chain attached to the monster as it ran after them, followed by his friend.

 

I'm sorry for the lack of updates, i had some stressful things happen in my life with in the past two months and it was just so stressful I couldn't think straight and couldn't write this too often. I'm going to be updating more often (hopefully), and I hope that I didn't lose any commenters or readers. ^^

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, the ones following will be longer. I don't know if I'm going to let the other pairings meet another pairing and group up just yet, since they're all spread out more than the three. Do you think I made the three meet up too quickly?