Group One (Part Three)

Experiment 113: Sanity

Myungsoo and Sungjong had continued forward, despite both silently mourning the loss of Sungyeol - who they were guessing was dead – they moved forwards with tears in their eyes. They moved forwards in a rather tense silence, both really outwardly just caring for themselves, secretly for the other. They both were terrified of alerting the two girls’ of their presence and causing Sungyeol’s actions to be done in vain. Only as they found their way into a stairwell did they speak, but even then their voices were mere whispers.  

 “Do you remember how you got here?” questioned Sungjong, trying to take his mind off of Sungyeol, as he automatically thought back to the time they had first been taken.

Myungsoo shook his head, “Not at all, at least not now – not anymore.”

Sungjong hummed, “I remember the day I was taken.”

“You do?” questioned Myungsoo.

Sungjong nodded, “Since Sungyeol is here, I know for a fact my friends Chunji and Niel are in here as well as my cousin Hoya.”

Myungsoo looked at Sungjong, “What exactly happened that day?”

“My friends and I decided to go see a movie and Sungyeol and Hoya decided to tag along,” stated Sungjong, “Let’s just say halfway there, we were suddenly attacked from behind – Sungyeol, being in the back, was attacked first. We all tried to run, but not one of us was able to move away fast enough – our attacked was just too quickly.”

“Do you remember the attackers face?” questioned Myungsoo, knowing most of the story from Sungyeol – it was one thing they had talked about during their time together. Sungyeol had often talked about the younger, every time he did a broad smile would spread across the male’s lips, every time Myungsoo couldn’t help but to stare.

Sungjong shook his head, “All I remember is that he had abnormally pale skin – it was almost the color white. It had not pink or red tint to it…That is the fact that creeped me out the most.”

Myungsoo hummed, “A-about Sungyeol, I’m sorry I didn’t stop him.”

Sungjong smiled sadly at the elder as they continued to climb what seemed to be endless stairs, “Don’t worry about it too much, you never would’ve stopped him.”

“What do you mean?” asked Myungsoo curiously.

“Sungyeol is Sungyeol – there is no other way to describe my brother, the choding,” stated Sungjong, turning his attention to the large metal door they were approaching, a faint smile playing on his lips as he spoke, “He is a selfless person who acts happy and childish all the time to hide his true emotions. He acts childish as a façade, he makes people think he know him but then goes and changes their opinions of him when the time comes.”

Myungsoo stared at Sungjong in confusion, not sure where the conversation was coming from so suddenly – not knowing where it was going.

“Only rarely do you see a true piece of Sungyeol,” muttered Sungjong, “Many people – I at one point in time was included in this group - say that he is selfish due to his childish personality, but I learned in a very hard way that I was wrong, that they are wrong because when we were younger, he threw himself in front of a car for me. He had saved me by pushing me out of car’s path. Despite how much of a brat I was to him when we were younger, he jumped in front of the car to protect me. His legs were paralyzed for a couple of years because of me, but he survived that accident.”

Myungsoo continued to listen to the male silently; some of the younger male’s words were shocking.

“He saved me Myungsoo and he lived,” stated Sungjong, “Which is why I’ve come to believe that he isn’t dead – if he didn’t die last time, he couldn’t have died this time, right?”

Myungsoo looked at the younger male in worry - what if the elder was in fact dead?

Sungjong stopped the older male by grabbing his arm, while staring into the older’s cold and guarded eyes, he spoke up, “Myungsoo, I know that my brother isn’t dead – he hasn’t left me yet. He’s still alive – where he’s at? I don’t know. How long will he be alive? I don’t know; all I know is that he IS alive somewhere in this mansion.”

Myungsoo looked at Sungjong in completely shock – the younger showed complete sanity and the boy’s eyes showed complete honesty and confidence.

“I swear Myungsoo,” whispered Sungjong, “He’s not gone yet – we could save him if we found him.”

Myungsoo bit his lip, turning away from Sungjong and continuing up the stairs.

“I swear Myungsoo, he’s not gone yet,” whispered Sungjong, he gripped the cloth over his head, “I’d feel the pull here if he was.”

Myungsoo kept silent, continuing to climb the stairs with Sungjong following him.

“Trust me Myungsoo, he’s not gone!” whined Sungjong in aggravation.

The younger kept pleading the elder male even as they left the wine cellar through the large metal door and entered some sort of entrance hall. As they entered the room, Myungsoo noticed something that shocked him, causing him to press himself up against the wall – seeing as how the younger male hadn’t shut up long enough to see what was going on, he pulled the boy against the wall as well.

“Sungjong, be quiet I believe you, alright?” stated Myungsoo, his eyes still glued to the odd thing that was happening before his eyes.

Sungjong smiled, staring at the older male – only to see that the male was looking at something else with an all too serious expression. Following the older’s line of vision, he saw the thing that had shocked the older male so much.

“Where are they going?” questioned Sungjong, unable to contain his shock.

“I think the more important question is: what are they running from?” muttered Myungsoo, watching the monsters running from one hall, through the entrance hall, into a hall on the opposite side of the room.

“I don’t know,” whispered Sungjong, “but I don’t want to be here to find out.”

Myungsoo nodded in agreement as he began to move, leading Sungjong by holding the younger’s forearm. Myungsoo stopped as a motionless monster came into his view in the slowly brightening room, Sungjong froze in shock.

“I wonder if they’re running from the thing that got this one,” whispered Sungjong.

Myungsoo shook his head, “This one has shoe prints leading away from it, and my guess is that this one was killed by a human.” Myungsoo’s gaze then locked onto the motionless monster across the hall – it was sickening to look at, its whole body was torn apart, “That one, on the other hand, was not.”

Sungjong nodded in a silent agreement, fear obvious on his features, “Please don’t tell me there is something scarier than the creatures we’ve already run into.”

“I cannot comment,” whispered Myungsoo, “because I do not know.”

Sungjong whimpered slightly, “Let’s just get out of here.”

“My pleasure,” whispered Myungsoo, moving forward, his grip tightening on Sungjong’s arm as he lead him into the kitchen like room and into the room that connected to it, shocked to see the other exit was already barricaded, “Looks like someone was already here.”

“Do you want to stay?” whispered Sungjong.

Myungsoo shrugged, “We could barricade the other door.”

Sungjong thought about it, “Couldn’t that be suicide?”

Myungsoo shrugged, “It could either be suicide if something breaks in through the door, or it could be salvation.”

Sungjong bit his lip, “Let’s just barricade the door and pray that whatever is chasing the monsters will continue chasing them.” 

 

Something big is coming, what is it? 

 

 

 

...

 

It's not a double update, it's not a triple update, it's a quadruple update - that's right, you're going to get four updates in the next couple of hours - well, three other than this chapter!

Please, look forward to it. 

 

Comments are always welcome and appreciated.^^ Like always if anything confuses you, please alert me of so - so I can clear it up for you.