Group Two (Part One)

Experiment 113: Sanity

 

“Are we just going to sit in here all day?” asked Woohyun, curiously glancing at the older who was in the middle of searching the room for what he called supplies, such as a flash light or possibly a candle sick for all they cared, “You do realize that by the time we leave the room it’ll be night and it’ll be time for us to sleep anyway.”

“The situation we’re currently in doesn’t bother you at all?” asked Sunggyu, turning his attention back to the younger male.

Woohyun smiled, “Not really, after all, it isn’t the first time I’ve been in a situation like this.”

Sunggyu gave Woohyun a look that nearly suggested the younger that he had grown a second head, the older then shook his head, turning back to what he had been previously doing. After a couple of seconds, the older spoke, “How?”

“How what?” asked Woohyun, casting a mischievous gaze at the older’s back.

“How did you end up in a situation like this before?” asked Sunggyu.

“I went to a hotel with some girl and another girl from a previous one night stand saw and got angry, she started to claim that I was hers and no one else could have me. She then called her brothers or someone she knew who was a part of a gang and had them kidnap me.” said Woohyun, “Of course I wasn’t actually witnessing all of this, this was the story I was told by the police officer who had found me drugged in an abandoned house.”

Sunggyu looked at the younger male in shock again, “And you were how old at that time?”

“It was two years ago, so I would have been around sixteen.” Said Woohyun, standing up from where he sat on the bed to stretch.

Sunggyu shook his head and again turned towards the wall, muttering something along the lines of “teens these days” under his breath as he continued searching everywhere to see that there was nothing hidden in the room.

“Can we get out of here now that you’ve turned the whole room upside down?” asked Woohyun, gazing at the older male who was scoffing at him.

“Yes, how about we split up,” Said Sunggyu, turning towards the younger, only to step back when he came face to face with the teen.

“That’s not going to happen.” Said Woohyun, grabbing ahold of the older’s forearm and pulling him out of the room happily.

Sunggyu stared at the younger male, who was pulling him through the abnormally silent halls of the mansion, wondering if the younger had been dropped on his head a lot as a baby because clearly the younger was not right in the head. However, before he could ponder any farther on the subject he was snapped out of his daze at the sound of a pain filled moan coming from one of the rooms that they passed. A sudden cold chill ran down his spine, causing him to shiver and the younger to stop and turn around to face him.

“Did you hear that?”

The older nodded, casting his gaze away from the younger and towards the door where the source of the pain filled moan was probably hidden. The younger turned towards the door as well, dropping the elder’s wrist and moving towards the room.

“Woohyun, don’t you dare open that door.” Hissed Sunggyu, as if he was scolding a little child who had done something they weren’t supposed to. The younger’s hand landed on the door hand and he spoke out yet again, “Nam Woohyun, don’t you dare open that door.”

“Or what?” asked Woohyun, turning to look at the older with a cocked eyebrow, an arrogant smirk playing on the corners of his lips, bringing the older’s hands to clench into fists.

“I will seriously punch you.” Growled the older, “For all we know there is a monster just waiting to eat us in the room.”

“What makes you think that?” asked Woohyun, peering at the older male curiously, his smirk growing into a smile as he saw the dark expression on the older male’s face.

“I don’t know, maybe the fact that the guy who left us a letter hinted at monsters, known as his previous experiments are roaming the halls.” Hissed the older, “You can open that door if you want to, either way, I’m leaving.”

The younger stared at the older male as if nothing was being processed in his head, turning back towards the door; he opened it, only to regret it greatly.

Woohyun spun on his heel and raced after the older male who was walking away from him, about to turn the corner and leave the younger’s range of sight, “RUN!”

The three lettered word triggered the older to pick up his pace and leave the younger in the dust for the most part, however as the chase continued, Woohyun was gaining on Sunggyu, but was losing the monster that had wanted to make the two its meal.

 

Meanwhile, in the attic, the two boys had crawled through the whole entire attic, searching around the walls and the floors and still finding no exit. The two males leaned back against a wall, taking deep breaths; the room was unbearably hot considering that there was no air conditioning up in the room; both of the males were covered in a thin layer of sweat. They both took deep breaths and got onto their hands and knees again, resuming their search, shifting everything in the vast attic around to provide a hiding spot if they really needed one and also resuming their search for the exit and way out of the trash filled area.

“I think I’ve found our way out!” called the younger; bringing the older’s attention to him. The older had rushed to his side to see the little section of the floor that looked out of place, “Help me get this open.”

The older nodded and the two found a way to get the floor board out with a joint effort, when it finally came open, however, as soon as it opened, all the lights in the attic flicked off. The boys glanced at where the light bulbs used to be visible as their eyes adjusted to the sudden darkness, they both then turned their attention back down into the dark room below, the only light coming from the dust covered windows which let in a minimal amount of moon light into the otherwise lightless hallway. As the older moved to get out of the attic, he was suddenly pulled back by the younger who stared down into the dark room, the hand on the elder’s shoulder signaling for the boy to be quite. Hushed whispers could be heard from the room below as well as pants and the nearly silent footsteps, as their eyes became more adjusted to the dark that had engulfed them, two figures became apparent.

As the two got closer, their hushed whisper could be heard, “I told you not to open that door, are you really that stupid?”

The other stayed silent, listening to the others ranting, only speaking when he stopped just below the opening, turning on his heel to speak to the other male, “I’m not stupid, I’m curious.”

“So you opened a door that held a creature that could kill us?!” hissed the older, still whispering as he continued past the opening and other male, stopping a few feet away, “Not only was there one creature, but two! Plus on top of that, you caused us both to wonder away from the well-lit halls and into this one, that looks like it came out of a horror movie.”

“Maybe this is a horror movie.” Said the younger, looking at the older who sent him a cold glare that he could feel despite not being able to see it, “After all, it’s very possible.”

“Yeah, sure it is,” Hissed the other, his voice thick with sarcasm, “We were purposely placed into a spooky movie to be the stars of a secretly filmed horror movie without us even giving the directors and camera men permission to film us.”

The other male then fell silent before looking up, staring directly at the two who were peering at them through the darkness, “Do you feel a draft?”

The other male turned to look at the one who was now staring up at the ceiling, the older of the two in the attic motioned as if trying to tell the younger that they should jump into the hole, the younger shook his head. The other male below them then appeared under the hole as well, staring at the two but not realizing it.

“Let’s go.” Muttered the older that stood below them, heading in the way he had just come from. The younger sighed and headed after the older.

 

Sunggyu and Woohyun were walking through the darkened hall, when they both suddenly heard two thuds and spun around in fear, looking at who was coming up from behind them. The boy’s eyes widened when they saw two figures, they were about until they noticed that there weren’t any groans emitting from the two, however there were two voices whispering about how painful their drop had been.

“Who is there?” asked Woohyun, trying to be intimidating.

The two figures got closer and they became more visible, it was obvious that the two were holding their hands up as if to signal that the two shouldn’t attack them.

“Who are you?” asked Sunggyu.

“Who are you guys?” asked the older of the other two.

“Sunggyu.”

“Woohyun.”

The two newcomers nodded and smiled, “Dongwoo.”

“Hoya.”

“I take it that you two don’t know where we are considering that you two were locked in the attic for who knows how long,” Said Sunggyu.

The two nodded.

“So you two are 102 and 104?” asked Woohyun, “You know the people the doctor referred to in the letter?”

The two nodded, one opened his mouth to speak again, but the sudden and creepy groan silenced the four, whom all took off running down the hall after turning to see a limping creature approaching them.

 

I know I was supposed to post this on the 1st, but something came up within my family (plus, I had a ton of homework since I was sick a majority of last week) and it had to be posted today...I hope I still have readers out there after my very lacking updates. I'm trying to get caught up on my school work so that over the weekends I'll be able to write my fics and post more often, plus it'll get easier to post this story more often once I get one of my others ones finished. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter!!!