Infinite (Part Two)

Experiment 113: Sanity

“I can’t sit here anymore…” wailed Sungjong, his hands trembling as they clasped over his ears,   his eyes red and puffy from where he had previously been crying due to guilt, “We need to go after Myungsoo, something tells me that he’s injured. That he’s not well, that he’s made it to Sungyeol, but not in the condition we hoped he would be in…The guilt of letting him go out there alone is eating me up…”

Silence fell over them as Sungjong willed the rising tears away, shaking his head as tears threatened to fall. Sunggyu looked at Woohyun before turning to meet Hoya and Dongwoo’s gaze.

“We need to go down to the cellar…” whispered Hoya, agreeing with his cousin, “We need to find Myungsoo.”

Sunggyu nodded, “It was a horrible mistake, letting him go out there by himself with those monsters and beasts roaming the halls.”

“It’s not only that, but there is this feeling in my gut that is telling me that we need to get down there – that the others are down there , that now is our time to make our escape,” whispered Hoya.

The others nodded.

“So, it’s decided that we’re getting out of here, we’re not going to hide any longer?” stated Sunggyu, “You all are sure that now is our time to act?”

The males all nodded and Sunggyu hummed, “Then let’s get going, the longer we stay here, the less likely it’ll be that we’ll get out.”

The others all nodded and cautiously stepped out into the hall through the door they had previously let Myungsoo pass through. The male all slowly moved forward into the entry hall, the darkness was thicker than ever before – anger seemed to radiate through the whole room – through the whole mansion. The five kept their hands clasped tightly together, forming a human chain as they moved silently through the thick fog hanging around them.

They could feel the darkness’ presence on their backs, trying to get to their minds – trying desperately to pull their minds into the dark depths of insanity, trying to get them all to see horrify images in the darkness that surrounded them. However, despite their fear they didn’t allow the darkness to get to them, they kept their minds off of their fears and on finding the missing Myungsoo and the other males.

As they passed into the cellar, through the thick metal door a cold, gentle breeze caressed their exposed skin – as if welcoming them, drawing them towards their escape route. Soon their steps echoed through the surprisingly lit stair well, permitting them to see.

As the five males made it to the final stair, the ground shook – the whole house tremored as an agitated and hungry roar echoed through the entire mansion, the angry footsteps of the beast could be heard on the floor above them as it continued to cry out in anger and in agony at having lost its meal of fresh meat for the first time ever. They all winced as they heard the squeal of claws scratching at the metal door at the top of the stairs.

“Did we really get away from that thing?” whispered Sungjong in shock.

“Don’t say that Sungjong,” whispered Hoya, “We don’t know for sure yet and we don’t want to get our hopes up, alright?”

The younger nodded and they moved forward, the presence of the darkness only seemed to grow heavier the farther they ventured into the cellar.

“Sungjong?” stated a voice from within the darkness.

Sungjong perked up upon hearing the other male’s voice, “C-Chunji, where are you?”

“Right here,” whispered Chunji, suddenly appearing through the thick black fog.

The duo hugged, Chunji then pulled away quickly and wrapped his arms around Hoya before looking around.

“W-where’s Sungyeol?” whispered Chunji.

Sungjong just shook his head, “H-he sacrificed himself for me earlier…I don’t know where he is anymore, I don’t even know if he’s alive.”

Chunji gasped, wrapping his arms around Sungjong to comfort the other sixteen year old.

“Where is Niel?” whispered Sungjong, feeling a sense of doom setting over them.

Chunji shook his head, “Please…don’t make me talk about him…”

“We lost him, didn’t we?”

Chunji nodded, “In the worse way possible.”

“Wait,” stated at voice that had Sungjong tensing up.

L.Joe suddenly appeared beside Changjo and Ricky, grabbing Chunji’s wrist, pulling him away from Niel – his jealousy sparking up even in this situation – his eyes showed nothing but panic as he looked at Sungjong and Chunji, who were looking at him in shock.

“That means that we’re missing three people – our limit…” whispered L.Joe, feeling the panic rising even higher in his gut as he counted the number of people in the group now, “nine…”

“Myungsoo was ten…” whispered Hoya, the panic dawning over him and spreading over the others in the group.

“We need to find him,” whispered Sungjong, “That or we need to find Sungyeol, Niel, or Cap…”

“There is no hope for Niel,” whispered Chunji, “He’s gone, his mind is not with us anymore, he’s pretty much dead…”

“Cap is possibly dead as well,” muttered Changjo.

“They all could possibly be dead,” whispered Sungjong, his heart stopping in his chest.

“Don’t thank that way you guys,” whispered Dong Woo, “We’ll get out of here.”

“In order to get out of here, we need to move,” stated Sunggyu, hearing odd noises coming from the darkness.

They then willed their legs to move forwards, only stopping when Sungjong, the only person who knew of where Sungyeol had went, told them to.

“This is the place,” whispered Sungjong, “This was the room he was in when they attacked him…”

They all looked at each other in fear before looking at Sungjong as his eyes searched over the small area he could see through the thick black fog. He bit his lip as he tripped, his hands coming into contact with a cold slimy substance, out of shock and fear, he flicked on his flash light to see that his hands were covered in cold blood. He then shone the light on what he had tripped over to find the bodies of the two women who had attacked Sungyeol, lying sprawled out on the ground – dead.

He looked up at the others, whom were just as shocked as he was.

“Those where his attackers…which means…” Sungjong looked at the puddle of blood and bit his lip, “Sungyeol-hyung…”

“There’s a trail,” whispered Hoya, noticing the blood trail that lead away from the puddle.

Sungjong automatically stood up and moved forward rather quickly on tired legs, he felt complete and utter fear for his brother course through his veins – he had come to the conclusion that his brother was dead, he thought he was prepared, but upon seeing what he believed to be his brother’s blood, he knew for a fact there was nothing that he could have done to prepare himself for evidence that his brother might actually be deceased.

The others quickened their pace to follow Sungjong as they entered a long hallway, which you could not see the other end of.

Sungjong froze suddenly, allowing the others to all catch up – they looked at him in confusion, but followed the beam of the flashlight to see the clearly fresh blood splattered over one of the walls. Sungjong looked towards Hoya just as Sunggyu casted a glance over his shoulder at Woohyun, who he could just faintly make out the facial features of. The four felt guilt swallow them whole as they felt their hearts pulsating in their chests, the fear pumping through their veins.

“That has to be Myungsoo’s…” whispered Sunggyu, the guilt obvious in his voice as he spoke up, the others all looked at him in shock.

“Why did we let him go down here alone?” whispered Sungjong, grabbing onto Hoya’s shirt, accidently placing a bloody hand print on it.

“Sungjong, what’s going on?” whispered Chunji.

“We let Myungsoo wonder down here alone,” whispered Sungjong, as if in a trance, “he came to look for Sungyeol since we told him that it was his fault that Sungyeol was attacked and went missing because he didn’t try to stop Sungyeol from saving me…”

Chunji looked at Sungjong in shock, knowing that the guilt was eating up his best friend inside as his guilt was doing to him as he thought of Niel and Cap who were lost two floors overhead. They all turned from the blood splattered on the wall, looking forward and behind themselves in the dark, long corridor – their hearts beating harshly in their chests as they heard rather creepy noises coming from behind them.

Just as they were about to walk forward, an agony filled screamed echoed down the hall – automatically making five of the nine perk up.

“M-Myungsoo…” whispered Sungjong, “That was Myungsoo!”

He looked at the others and within a split second, their fear slipped from their minds and their legs carried them forward rapidly in the direction Myungsoo’s scream came from – praying that the other males who went missing were there as well, praying that they weren’t too late. 

 

I decided to do a double update! ^^ Hope you enjoyed both of the chapters.