Group Two (Part Four)

Experiment 113: Sanity

“So, are we going to hide?” questioned Sunggyu, wanting to know the other members’ opinions.

Woohyun nodded, “I think we should.”

“I agree,” stated Dongwoo.

Sunggyu turned towards Hoya who seemed to be getting more anxious the longer they were wondering around the halls of the mansion, “You already know my answer – Hyung.”

Sunggyu sighed but nodded, staring at Hoya, “Can you last until we make it to the second floor?”

Hoya nodded, “I guess.”

Sunggyu smiled, he then saw a door, with the word Library written on it, he turned towards the others, “How about we check around in here? For a little bit, from what the letter from the doctor who trapped us in this prison says, this place should be like a maze – if anything does choose to come in here, it would take a while for it to find us, plus I’m sure that if something comes in here, we’ll know of it before it knows of us and we’ll make our escape before it even knows of us.”

“Or so we hope,” stated Hoya, his anxiety getting to him finally, “This can either help us live just a little while longer, or this could be our death.”

Sunggyu sighed, looking towards the younger male, “I know, but let’s at least try to be optimistic.”

“Hyung, that’s a little difficult to do, considering our current situation,” responded Hoya, “There is something big here – it has finally arrived. It’s here, it’s not a problem we can push off any longer – we can’t just suddenly think of something when it appears. We have to plan ahead – we need to keep moving. We need to find the others before whatever it is finds us.”

Sunggyu sighed, “Let’s just rest here, for a little while. Hoya, you need sleep – we all do, we can’t keep going on like this, we’re all exhausted and we’ve been running and wondering through these halls for who knows how many hours. We all need rest – you especially.”

Hoya sighed, “Fine, but we can only stay here for a little while – at the first sign of any danger or any approaching danger we leave, alright?”

Sunggyu nodded, smiling towards the younger.

The four then moved into the library, passing through the maze like halls formed by bookshelves that climbed up to the ceiling – they kept making it to dead ends – which provided them with no protection from anything that could be lurking in the rooms.

“Guys, don’t go yet,” stated Dongwoo, causing the three others to turn and look at him.

“What is it Dongwoo?” asked Woohyun, his voice laced with exhaustion.

Dongwoo smiled, pulling on a thick golden book that stuck out of the shelves of red books that surrounded it, upon its displacement, a door opened up behind the shelf and the shelf swung forward, revealing a secret opening.

Sunggyu smiled, “This place is well hidden, and from the looks of it secluded – it’s safe, isn’t it Hoya?”

Hoya nodded, “Safer than one of those little sitting areas you wanted to stop and rest at.”

“So, we’ll be staying here?” questioned Dongwoo.

Sunggyu and Hoya nodded, making Woohyun smile as he faced the elder male and spoke up, “Good job in finding this place.”

Dongwoo smiled, happy about finally receiving a complement from the younger male instead of an insult. The four males then entered the room without much thought or fear, jumping as the secret door hide itself and closed up upon their entry.

“Well, that was odd,” stated Woohyun.

“Safety precaution,” replied Hoya, “The person who made this room probably wanted to keep it hidden, hence the reason it was behind a book shelf and not out in the open like the rest of the doors.”

The other male hummed, observing the homey room, which actually made him safe and relaxed – Hoya was even relaxing in the room.

“Hoya, Dongwoo,” stated Sunggyu, “You two can sleep first, and we’ll take care of looking around the room.”

Hoya was about to protest but Dongwoo cut him off, “Alright, thank you hyung.”

Hoya frowned towards Dongwoo – only to get a glare in return from the elder, who had him agreeing with the decision reluctantly. The older didn’t glare very often and when he did it was quiet scary or so Hoya believed so.

The duo then made their way to the couch, Hoya laid on the couch under Dongwoo’s instruction, resting his head on the soft pillow as his body practically melted into the comfortable cushions of the couch. He felt something drape over him, and opened his eyes, peering at Dongwoo to see that the older had draped a quilt over him. Dongwoo then smiled, patting his shoulder before vanishing from the male’s sight again. Hoya smiled, thankful that the older male had actually liked him enough to care for him like this – like it was his responsibility.

“Sleep,” whispered Dongwoo and as if his words were the trigger, Hoya felt his eye lids slowly grow heavier until they fell shut – his body ached, weighting itself down until he finally slipped into his subconscious. He slipped into a dream of a happier time, when Sungyeol and Sungjong were at his side constantly cheering up – constantly keeping him distracted from real world problems, constantly reminding him that he was a teen ager, that he was still not an adult just yet.

“Is he asleep?” questioned Sunggyu in concern, looking at Dongwoo from across the room.

The nineteen year old nodded, “He’s out now.”

“Then we’ll start our search,” stated Woohyun, “How could he have not slept when we were in that room earlier? We all took turns.”

Dongwoo thought silently, “He didn’t actually sleep – he was never asleep. He always acted when we came near him, but he was never actually asleep.”

Woohyun looked at Dongwoo in shock, “Still how could he have gone so long without sleep, but still have animal-like instincts?”

Dongwoo shrugged, “That is not something to ask me, but something to ask him.”

Woohyun rolled his eyes, “Anyway, we better start searching the room, huh?”

Sunggyu nodded, moving along the walls – that were also covered in books – except for one which had a fireplace in it. Woohyun examined the other side of the room while Dongwoo decided to take a nap as well; however, he took a pillow from the couch – from around Hoya’s feet and slept on the floor and not a comfortable couch – since the other wasn’t as comfortable.

A couple of minutes later, Dongwoo was out as well – sleeping like a log as Woohyun and Sunggyu looked around the room.

“Hey, hyung,” stated Woohyun, from where he was examining one of the books – he automatically gained Sunggyu’s attention, “Look what I found.”

“A letter?” whispered Sunggyu.

Woohyun nodded, “Want me to read it?”

Sunggyu nodded.

Woohyun carefully unfolded the letter and read it.

 

Day 3 (???)

It has been at least three days – I don’t even know anymore – since we’ve arrived at the mansion. Yunho and I have meet three other boys. Sixteen year old Changmin and two males our age, they are both eighteen, their names Junsu and Yoochun. Changmin is evil to everyone, but me – he told me that I’m like an umma and Yunnie is like an appa. He said that our relationship has made him think so. He says that we’re his parents now that we’re here in this mansion. Junsu is extremely friendly, he’s outgoing and rather uncontrollable, only Yoochun is able to control him – the two seem to have a special bond like me an Yunnie, of course Yunnie and I are lovers – were lovers before entering this mansion, but I can see the developing relationship between them. However, recently, something about Yoochun has been off and it’s affecting Junsu. What is wrong with him? I don’t know, but it is really scaring me. Heck, he scared all of us. He and Junsu were happily playing on the first floor together when he suddenly looked terrified, he suddenly just collapsed, unconscious on the floor – he hit his head off one of the tables and cut himself, which made it so that Yunho had to run to the infirmary on the second floor to get bandages. During the time he was gone Yoochun had Junsu and I terrified – he was sharking and then suddenly just scream before fully losing consciousness. The thought of seeing him in such a horrible condition troubled me – had me terrified not only for my life but his as well.

 

Day 5 (??)

Yoochun has finally lost it – he stabbed Junsu today, he killed his lover – our sunshine. Yunho, Changmin, and I are currently hiding in the hidden room – which you have to be if you are reading this. I’m scared because Yunho has been acting like Yoochun did before he fully lost his sanity – as for me, I can feel myself slowly losing it as well – I can feel the terror taking over. I keep having horrifying dreams about things I wouldn’t have ever dreamt about before coming to this house of horror. Congratulations Dr. Esper, you’ve won this round. The final three are cracking and it’s only a matter of hours until we all are lost.

I can’t even tell what is real and what is a part of the nightmare anymore – its odd, having nightmares while being awake, it’s terrifying because you can’t run away from them if they happen while you’re awake.

 

Day ???

Yunho and I have come to an agreement after Changmin left the hidden area – we’re going to commit suicide together. Sure, it seems drastic, but we’d rather die than let the old doctor win. We’d rather die than have our bodies turn into those…those monsters. We’d rather die than become insane and go around and become murderers. If you read this, please know that if you start having nightmares while you’re awake – your sanity will slip away from you in the blink of an eye. You will see monsters every corner you turn and you’ll be terrified – you’ll see other humans as monsters and have the urge to kill them. Don’t overlook the nightmares as being true nightmares that you have when you sleep, because when you have them – you’re very much awake.

Changmin, if you’re reading this, I’m sorry – we both are sorry but we saw no other way to protect you.

-          Kim Jaejoong

 

 As soon as Woohyun finished up, he looked at Sunggyu, who was also shocked by the content of the material. They both read it once, twice – shocked to have actually found a note from another ‘specimen’ in the same experiment, they were shocked to read about their past – they were shocked to know that they had committed suicide.

“Why would you choose suicide?” whispered Woohyun.

Sunggyu looked at him, “Why wouldn’t you? It was probably their only option – they were losing themselves, they were terrified, they saw no other option than to kill themselves. They thought that they’d rather kill themselves than kill others,” stated Sunggyu, “They wanted to make it easier for the following specimen.”

Woohyun thought about it, “So they did it to help us.”

Sunggyu nodded, “Not only us, but all the people that were trapped in this mansion before us – and anyone who is trapped in this mansion after us – even if we’re alive, dead, or insane.”

Woohyun nodded, he then looked through the shelves again, looking for more notes – feeling as though there were going to be a couple that were there.

“Here’s another note,” stated Sunggyu, holding up another paper, it was a smaller letter. He cleared his throat and began to read it out loud.

 

I don’t know exactly why I’m writing this, but I am. Maybe writing this will make me feel better about my decision, better about the fact I wasn’t able to protect Jaejoong from the only evil there really is – the darkness. I’m sorry Joongie. I’m sorry. Changmin, I’m sorry, but we’ve decided to leave you alone – we’ve decided to take our own lives. Please understand that it is for your own good – for your own safety. Please understand, please don’t hate us. Changmin, if anyone of us can survive alone it is you – you have a good head on your shoulders. Survive until the next batch of specimens makes it into this house of horrors – be there and sane enough to greet them – help them in their escape. I know Jaejoong and I are practically abandoning you, but please understand our decision. Please. Would you rather have us dead or out trying to kill you with Yoochun?

I’m scared, Changmin – its the one thing that I hate to admit to you and Jaejoong, but I see no sense in lying anymore. All I ever see any more are the nightmares both while I’m asleep and while I’m awake – Changmin, this is my only escape from it all. Death is my only escape, our only escape. Neither of us want to be murders, no one ever wants to be…please forgive us Minnie, please forgive us.

-          Jung Yunho.

 

“He seems a little more insane than the previous one did,” muttered Woohyun.

“Well, Jaejoong – the guy who wrote the first letter did say that Yunho was worse than he was,” stated Sunggyu, “However, both still seemed like they were still there.”

Woohyun nodded, “I feel sorry for the Changmin guy – he was sixteen. I can’t imagine someone two years younger than us being trapped in this place. I can’t imagine it.”

Sunggyu nodded, placing both letters in his jacket pocket, “We’ll let Hoya and Dongwoo read it when they wake up.”

Woohyun nodded, “Alright, want me continue to look around?”

Sunggyu nodded, “Who knows, we might actually find more of those letters.”

Woohyun nodded and turned his attention back to the shelves that lay before them. 

 

 

I decided to update since there are 113 subscribers, I just thought - hey, why not update it now since it's titled Experiment 113? Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it - the following chapters may be a little slower, but there will be developement between some of the couples, so it'll be worth it. I promise (this is one promise I'm keeping).

Plus, there is something else that is happening within one of the groups it has been hinted at in the past couple of chapters, what do you think it is?

Seeing as how my birthday just passed (August 1) I was curious, how old do you all think I am? I've done this a couple of times before in other stories so those of you whom know, please keep quiet.

 

 

Oh and my school starts back up on August 15, so I'm trying to post as many chapters as possible before then - if not possibly finish the story (which we're not even close to the end yet so...).