Infinite (Part One)

Experiment 113: Sanity

It had been a good thirty minutes or so since Myungsoo had left – since Sunggyu and Woohyun had seen him off. Sunggyu had kept himself busy, he felt like he had to or else he’d start to think and those thoughts would go straight to about how he was most like the reason Myungsoo would most like never be seen again. He kept himself busy by continuously taking inventory on their very small amount of supplies that they now had since he had given most of them to Myungsoo, who was venturing out into the darkness of the mansion alone.

“Sunggyu-ah,” muttered Woohyun as he cracked his eye open from where he sat with his head resting against the elder’s shoulder, “Stop it already, you’ve checked the supplies twenty times now – we have five wraps left, half a bottle of disinfectant, five candles, and four batteries left, plus we have Sungjong’s flashlight.”

Sunggyu stopped what he was doing and looked the groggy male, “I’m sorry. I’m just trying to keep myself busy.”

“Why?” whispered Woohyun, scooting ever so closer to the elder male, wrapping his arm around the elder’s waist.

“I don’t want to think,” whispered Sunggyu, placing all the supplies they had into the bag that sat between his legs.

“Let me guess, you don’t want to think about Myungsoo since you feel as though you just saw him off to his death?” whispered Woohyun, “Or is it that you don’t want to think about how hungry you are?”

Sunggyu looked towards the younger in shock, was he really that easy to read, “A little bit of both, how did you know?”

“My thoughts are in the same to places, I’m continuously worried about whether or not we’ll be seeing Myungsoo again,” whispered Woohyun, his warm breath caressing the side of Sunggyu’s neck, sending a shiver down the elder’s spine, “Want to get our mind off Myungsoo and off of food?”

Sunggyu nodded, “I do, if you can’t already tell, it is the reason I keep playing with the contents of this bag.”

Woohyun smiled, moving ever so closer to the elder male, straddling the elder’s lap as he moved the bag of supplies – tossing it, without care, over his shoulder, “I’ll be glad to take your mind off of all of this.”

Sunggyu stared at Woohyun in complete shock at how close their lips were – how close their faces were. He felt Woohyun’s warm breath against his face. Sunggyu – after a couple of minutes of silence – finally found the voice to speak, “W-What are you doing? Now isn’t the time for this sort of thing.”

“You told me you wanted to busy your mind, so what better way to do it than this?” whispered Woohyun, pressing himself even closer to Sunggyu, whispering into the older male’s ear – nibbling on it slightly.

Sunggyu sat frozen in shock, he had noticed that the relationship between him and Woohyun had changed a bit, however, he had never expected it to change this much.

As he opened his mouth to speak, he was shocked to feel Woohyun’s mouth press firmly against his with a lot of force, causing him to slam against the wall – his head ached lightly, but the kiss he was receiving made it fell distant – made his mind fuzzy and his rationality completely vanish. Although, he would never verbally admit it, he was enjoying the kiss – he even subconsciously responded to the mind blowing kiss which proved the younger’s experience in the department.

They continued on, only to separate as their lungs started to burn, begging for oxygen – as they pulled apart, Woohyun smirked towards the elder – who was also panting for breath.

“You seem to have a lot more experience in this department than any other human being your age,” stated Sunggyu.

Woohyun smirked, “I could say the same for you, and this clearly isn’t your first time kissing like this.”

Sunggyu started at Woohyun, embarrassment pumped through his veins but he absolutely refused to show it to the younger, putting on his professional expression, “Well, I’ve dated plenty of people before. I done stuff with my lovers before, sure, not as much as you  but I’ve done things before.”

Woohyun smirked, “Then I’ll make you forget all the others.”

Seconds later, Sunggyu was yet again pressed against the wall, his arms around Woohyun as the younger wrapped his arms around the elder’s neck, gently tugging on pieces of the elder’s hair – both of their minds were oblivious of their surrounds and had completely forgot about the situation they were all in – they missed the sound of the monstrous roar the floor overhead and they missed the sound of one of the others in the room shifting – slowly coming to consciousness.

“Oh my god!” squawked Sungjong in a mixture of shock and horror, automatically covering his eyes at the sight of the elder males, “That was not the sight I’d like to wake up to.”

Woohyun and Sunggyu automatically pulled apart out of embarrassment, Woohyun quickly curled up beside Sunggyu again – feeling extremely embarrassed for the first time ever. Woohyun buried his face in his hands while Sunggyu put on a professional expression onto his face again, acting as if he was talking to one of his patients or their parents.

Sungjong avoided eye contact with the elder, looking around the room and noticing that there was one less in the room – his eyes automatically shot towards Woohyun and Sunggyu, who had been assigned with watch duty while the other three slept.

“Where’s Myungsoo?” whispered Sungjong, worry obvious in his voice.

Woohyun and Sunggyu looked towards each other, not really positive on how to respond to the question asked.

Sungjong looked towards the two, “Did he leave?”

Sunggyu nodded, not able to lie to the younger, “The guilt was eating him up, so he ventured off by himself…”

“You let him?” whispered Sungjong in horror.

Sunggyu nodded, “You wanted him to go and look for you brother, so we decided to let him do what you wanted him to do.”

Sungjong stared in shock, “Did you two go insane or something?”

“No,” stated Sunggyu, “We were letting Myungsoo get the topic off his conscious; we let him go because he wanted to. He was having nightmares about your brother Sungjong; we couldn’t just sit around and let him suffer. Also, I know we practically allowed him to walk off – that we had seen him off to his uncertain death, so you don’t have to keep bringing it up.”

Sungjong started at the elder in shock before whispering out a defeated, “I-I’m sorry.”

“Your words were the reason he ran off,” stated Sunggyu, “your spoiled attitude as well.”

Sungjong stared at the elder in understanding and shock – as well as worry.

“We need to go after him,” stated Sungjong, but Woohyun shook his head.

“It’s already too late, he’s already long gone…he’s probably at where they had gotten your brother by now,” whispered Woohyun, “and since we don’t know about your brother’s location or about what is going on with Myungsoo, it’s already far too late to go after him.”

 

Their conversation had reoccurred with Hoya when the male had woken up and as soon as it was over, Hoya completely zoned out refusing to talk as he moved away from the rest of the group to sit in a corner of the room by himself.

He had chased the younger male off – if he had kept his mouth shut, if he hadn’t encouraged Sungjong to join him in saying his words, the younger might have still been with them, he might have been safe.

“He really left?” whispered Hoya, finally speaking up as he felt someone sitting down beside him.

Dongwoo hummed, wrapping his arms around the younger, seeing as how the male had looked so heart broken, so guilty.

“I didn’t mean what I said…” whispered Hoya, “I was just upset that Sungyeol was left behind, that he didn’t go back and check on Sungyeol, but I don’t hate him – after all he’s the reason that Sungjong is with us – with me again.”

Dongwoo cradled the younger, running his hands gently up and down his back, “It’s not your fault Hoya, he chose to go after Sungyeol, and he was having nightmares because he had left him behind.”

“I know,” whispered Hoya, peering at the older male, “But he’s out there alone with all those monsters roaming the halls – not to mention that beast…whatever it is.”

Dongwoo hummed as Hoya buried his face in the crook of the elder’s neck, “I don’t know how to feel…I feel guilty for letting him go out there alone, but I also feel a bit happy that he is going to go find Sungyeol…Dongwoo, I don't know anymore."

Dongwoo ran his fingers through the younger’s hair, whispering, “Hoya, don’t worry about him too much, I’m sure that he’ll be fine…I’m sure he’ll come back to us and will bring a living Sungyeol with him.” 

 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, I know that it's not as good as the previous chapters, but I still hope you enjoy it. Also, I know it's a filler chapter with no action, but please understand it is important for the developement between WooGyu and YaDong - also it is to show how they feel about Myungsoo leaving, wandering off by himself. The previous chapter was the of the story - meaning that we are now in the last half of the story - there is roughly about eight chapters left until the story is over. 

 

Thank you to my wonderful 140 subbies and 12 commenters - thats the most comments a chapter has had in this story! Maybe this time we can get more? Don't feel pressured to comment though... Anyway, I'm sorry this update didn't come sooner, my school started up again back on August 15, so I've been busy with homework. 

 

Hopefully I'll be able to update again this weekend! 

- Lane

 

P.S. Do you want this story to have an open ending so that it can have a sequel about the aftermath of getting out of the mansion or do you want it to have a closed ending? I have ideas for a sequel but I'm not sure about writing since I'm afraid to disappoint you all.