TeenFinite

Experiment 113: Sanity

A group of nine males ran down the long corridor, only stopping when they saw a small sliver of light flooding into the hall, they heard voices coming from the other side of the  crack and Sungjong peeked in, seeing his hyung.

“Sungyeol!” cried Sungjong.

“Sungjong,” replied Sungyeol in complete and utter relief from the other side of the wall, he moved closer, peeking out to see Sungjong staring back at him.

“Guys, something’s coming – we need to get out of here…” whispered Hoya, feeling an powerful presence heading there way – a feeling in is gut telling him to run, to forget his usual fighting sensation – to just run and hide.

“We need to get them out,” stated Sungjong, not wanting to separate from his brother, who he had believed to be dead for a couple of day – or something like that – now. “We can’t just leave them here – if we don’t have at least one more person, we’ll be stuck in this hell hole…We’ll be stuck with whatever is coming.”

“Sungjong,” whispered Sungyeol, “Get out of here – hide by the pressure pads in the wine cellar, we’ll come to you. I promise you that.”

Sungjong looked at Sungyeol in doubt, worry that he was going to lose his brother again, he really didn’t want to separate from him, but as another tremor fell over the house along with the rumble of the whole house shaking, he knew he had to go.

“I promise you Sungjong, I’m not leaving you this time around,” whispered Sungyeol, smiling sadly, he squeezed his hand through the crack, grabbing his younger brother’s holding it soothingly, “You’re not going to lose me this easily, now go.”

Sungjong nodded, despite wanting to stay with Sungyeol and the others he followed the other eight, retracing their steps and returning to the wine cellar.

 

Sungyeol looked at the other three in the room, biting his lip, feeling as though he had just lied to his younger brother, Myungsoo was examining the walls closely, “Guys, I found something.”

Sungyeol rushed over and Cap ushered the still babbling Niel, who was yet again whimpering and trembling, over to the group. The two other injured males aided Myungsoo in peeling off the board that hid a passage within the walls – they all felt their hearts racing, feeling something watching them, feeling something right behind them.

The wooden plank popped off with a crack and the way out of the room was revealed.

“Hurry…right behind…it’s here…” whispered Niel in hysterics.

Cap grabbed ahold of the younger’s wrist, pulling the younger through the opening first, followed by Sungyeol and Myungsoo who were right on their heels as they ran.

As their feet lead them down the dark corridor, they could feel the ground shaking below their feet; they could hear the ceiling crumbling behind them, overhead.

“I fell like this is a bad idea,” whispered Cap.

“Yeah, not the best,” whispered Myungsoo, “but it was the only route we could find.”

Sungyeol kept quiet, feeling a sense of loss – his gut was telling him that he was going to lose something precious to him during the escape – he was going to lose someone precious to him during the escape.

“Sungyeol,” stated Myungsoo, passing Sungyeol, “I know you’re in pain, we all are, but right now is not the time to be slowing down.”

Sungyeol, nodded, stumbling a bit as he tried to keep up with Myungsoo’s pace, pushing  the feeling that he was going to be losing something, someone to the back of his mind. He tried hard to ignore the feeling and the fact that his whole body was in pain.

“Look, there is an opening ahead,” whispered Cap.

“It’s hungry…it’s angry…It’s going to kill Esper…” whispered Niel, shocking the three as they continued to run towards the opening in the wall. They all squeezed through, just as the last of the ceiling crumbled down; filling in the path they had taken.

Looking around, they found themselves cloaked in darkness; however, the beam of a flash light attracted them like a moth to a candle. Upon arriving at the pressure pad, Sungyeol wrapped his arms around his younger brother, so happy to see him again. Sungjong cried into the elder’s shoulder in relief – relieved that the elder male was alive still.

“As much as I hate to break up this reunion, we need to go…” stated Hoya, who hadn’t even hugged his own cousin, “Now!”

The other males all nodded, ten of them positioned themselves of the pressure pads – upon them doing so, a piece of the wall rose up, revealing a tunnel – the males’ path to freedom.

“It’s coming…one must die for the others to live…” whispered Niel, he had spoken so quietly no one had heard him over the rumbling as the house went through another bout of tremors. 

 

Hope you all enjoyed the update, the thirteen are finally together...There is the next chapter and the Epilogue, there are a few questions that'll be left unanswered, but they will be answered in the sequel that I plan on making. Anyway, thank you to my nine commenters, one hundred and sixty three subbies, and twelve upvoters - as well as all my wonderous silent readers out there. 

Sorry if this short, filler chapter disappointed any one...