Group Two (Part Three)

Experiment 113: Sanity

Sunggyu looked around the hall, “This is too odd.”

Hoya nodded a bit anxiously, continuously casting glances over his shoulder, his paranoia slowly spreading to the older males, “What the heck is going on here?”

“What are you two talking about?” muttered Dongwoo, seeming to be oblivious to the atmosphere of the room – of the halls.

“Dongwoo, when was the last time we ran into a monster?” questioned Woohyun.

“It’s been a couple of hours,” muttered Dongwoo, peering down the dimly lit halls that had actually gotten brighter due to the sunshine that was coming through the dirty glass; the halls would no longer provide protection from the monsters or insane people that roamed the halls.

“Exactly,” whispered Hoya, “That is weird – it’s incredibly weird to be honest…I don’t know why this is happening and I don’t like it. My mind is telling me to run – to get the hell out of here but my gut is telling me to find a place to hide and stay there.”

Dongwoo peered at the younger male, “Isn’t the halls being clear a good thing? We can trek through them without having to worry about monsters – we could probably find the other people easier as well. Why are you all so anxious? Why would you hide? There is nothing here.”

“You’re a bit slow,” muttered Woohyun.

“Now is not the time Woohyun,” snapped Sunggyu, peering at the younger in disapproval before turning to look at Hoya who was making his paranoia grow even more due to how the anxious younger male was practically rocking back and forth, his mind probably going on overdrive – trying to decide which would be the best decision – to run or to  hide.

“Dongwoo, have you ever heard the saying the calm before the storm?” whispered Hoya.

Dongwoo nodded, “This is a perfect definition right?”

Hoya looked at the older in shock, knowing that – as rude as this sounds – if he caught onto the feeling something was definitely coming, something far greater than the puny monsters they had been facing. The monsters and psychotic people would be the least of their worries as they wondered through the halls. Something greater was coming, something far more powerful and that thought terrified Hoya.

“Hoya, are you alright?” questioned Woohyun, feeling fear slowly bubbling up in his stomach as he peered at the younger eighteen year old,  “You’re freaking me out a bit…”

Sunggyu turned towards Hoya, to see that the male was terrified – his hands were shaking and his usual grin was replaced by nervous lip biting; on top of that, the male’s usually cheerful eyes were covered by fear.  

“No, I’m far from being alright,” whisper Hoya honestly, regaining his composure despite the deep fear that had risen up within him, “There is something big coming and I don’t like it one bit – I know this is going to scare you, but we need to get to the lower floors and find the others as soon as we can – as fast as we can. There is this feeling in my gut that is telling me that if we don’t meet up with them soon, we’re never going to get out of here, that the big gun of the doctor is coming out to stop us from making it out of this prison, that or its being released for the sole purpose of pushing our sanity to its limits.”

The three others looked at Hoya in horror; all three silently wondered how the younger male said something so terrifying with such a straight face – his words were actually scarier than the situation they were in. 

 

Here's two of four - enjoy! ^^ 

Sorry for any mistakes made - I'm human after all. ^^