Myungsoo

Experiment 113: Sanity

As soon as the male stepped out into the hallway, the sound of the door being shut and barricaded yet again invaded his ears, echoing through the empty, silent halls. Myungsoo’s feet led him into the entry hall of the mansion and upon entering the room – his eyes traced over the perimeter of the open space – automatically noting that the candles that once light the room were blown out and the only light coming through the windows were the moon’s pale rays, hinting that it was once again night in the world outside of this nightmare. He was plunged into intense darkness as his steps led him ever so closer to the thick metal door that lead to the wine cellar.

As he continued to move, he could feel prying eyes watching him – he could feel their stare in his back, however, every time he turned around or glanced over his shoulder, there was nothing there which automatically lead to the suspicion that there was something – a creature – hidden within the dark, watching him – watching all of them – as they moved and spread throughout the mansion in search of each other.

As he continued to move, he was cautious not to trip over the fallen monster, only to be completely shocked to find that it was no longer there – there was no longer evidence other than the dried blood – if you could call it that – that was staining the marble floors. A chill ran down his spine as he saw the faint trail of the monster’s blood lead to the door leading to the wine cellar – his destination.

His heart pounded in his chest as his clammy hand made contact with the cool metal of the knob. A cool breeze from the underground wine cellar caressed his sweat covered cheeks, luring him down to the dark depths of the house – towards the exit, towards the males’ escape route.

With a deep breath, he started his descent, not noticing the pair of eyes that were following him from behind or the white skinned creature that made it so that one could enter but not get out of the underground levels.  His hands guided him through the darkness, his fingertips gently brushing against the cool stone as his feet stayed planted on the metal of stairs, his steps echoing through the silent rooms below, reverberating against the stone walls – alerting any enemies around of his current location.

As one of the stairs groaned, buckling silently under his weight – he felt his heart start to pick up speed and heard the blood pumping through his veins. As he reached the next step he felt relief wash over him, he had finally made it to solid ground and was – for the time being – safe.

 He lit a candle with trembling hands as his mind clouded with the faint hints of insanity, he shook his head, “Not now Myungsoo, don’t you dare lose yourself when you’re so close to him – don’t you dare do it.”

With that he willed his legs to continue forward to his destination, only to freeze when the sight of two bloodied and mangled bodies came into view, kneeling down, he turned them both over, unable to tell whether or not they were male or female.  He gasped in slightly shock as he came face to face with the cold, dead eyes of Sungyeol’s attackers. He looked around, spotting the puddle of blood a short distance away.  As he continued to walk in that direction, passing up the scarlet puddle, he gasped, seeing a trail of blood.

Kneeling down, he examined it closely to see that it looked like something or someone had been dragged across the floor, towards a hallway of some sorts.  He hesitantly stepped towards the hall, his heart beginning to pick up speed as he neared the room – the sound of his shoes making contact with the ground echoing through the hall – proving that it was just as long as Myungsoo had thought it was.

With another deep breath, he found himself moving forward again, this time willing his legs not to shake as he did so. His heart was telling him to go down the unexplored hall, the hall that up until this point had never existed, while his mind rationalized and told him – screamed at him – to stop his search there and conclude that Sungyeol was no longer alive, that there was no hope for him after all the blood he had lost. His heart ached at the thoughts passing through his mind as passed through the entrance into the dark abyss.

“It’s too late to turn around now,” whispered Myungsoo, clenching his fist tightly, his heart continuing to pound away in his chest.

After ten minutes of walking, there was no sign of a door in the hall way or the end, the feeling in his gut was telling him that there was something in the darkness, stalking him – waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

He heard the sound of faint footsteps approaching him from behind, but as he peeked over his shoulder there was nothing there but the endless cloak of darkness. However, as they sounded near, he turned around only to come face to face with someone with skin as white as snow, it was ghostly pale and it resembled a bald human, but clearly wasn’t judging by the fact the said creature had talons.

Before any scream or words could slip from between Myungsoo’s lip, he felt something hard and cold smack against his head – luring him into another sort of dark depths, unconsciousness. 

 

 

I've returned from the dead once again, my dearest readers, and I've brought yet another update. We're drawing ever so closer to the ending and to let you all know, I've been secretly planning not only the ending but the sequel, which I hope you all join me for, despite how long it had taken me to even come close to ending this. Anyway, school is so time consuming, especially now that I'm drawing closer to graduating - I still have another year after this one, but after that I'll be graduated...in two years I'll be in college...

Anyway, on another note, I should probably be studing for a test I have coming up, but then again, how exactly do you study for math? 

- Lane

 

Thank you to my wonderful 149 subscribers, 10 upvoters, and the eight commenters I had on the previous chapter. ^^  Also, thank you to those who've been commenting on all the chapters since you've subscribed. It means a lot to me since you encourage me to stop being lazy when I have free time and actually write.Thank you to those of you who read these seemingly endless blabber fests of mine. Finally, thank you to all the silent readers out there - I love you all too. ^^