Group Three (Part Two)

Experiment 113: Sanity

Niel latched onto Cap’s arm suddenly, startling the older male as he did so.

“What’s wrong Niel?” questioned the older as they continued to move through the dark halls.

“I feel the stare again,” muttered the younger, his hands trembling yet again as he looked into the elder male’s eyes. He shivered as a cold chill ran down his spine, something that had happened to him often in the infirmary like room.

Cap glanced behind them, despite the stoic expression stuck on his face, the male was terrified. His hands were trembling slightly and his heart was pounding in his chest cavity – the sound of his blood pumping through his veins was the only sound he could hear. Holding his breath the elder cast the very scarce light that came from the candle stick behind them, checking to make sure there was nothing following them.

“Hyung, do you see anything?”

“No…” whispered Cap, his eyes scanning the darkness with much difficulty; he stated the two letter word in an attempt to convince himself that he hadn’t seen a shadow move across the corner of his vision – that it was just a figment of his imagination that was created by the darkness that surrounded them – that it wasn’t something that could kill them, “I didn’t see anything, but I think that it would be smart if we continued to move.”

 

Changjo held Ricky’s hand tightly as they moved through the silent halls – his heart pounding in his chest as he feared coming in contact with one of the monsters that had been created through the disgusting experiments written about in the entries they had previously found. Ricky on the other hand was looking around anxiously – he swore that he could feel someone or something – staring at him like a predator would look at their prey through the darkness. The two fourteen year olds felt like they were slowly losing it – coming closer and closer toward insanity – which was also something they feared after reading a note they had previously discovered.

“I really wish we had something to light the candles with,” whispered Ricky, forcing his trembling legs to move as he swore he heard the rattling of chains, he turned his head away from where he figured Changjo was to look behind himself into the darkness – the covered windows not allowing any light out, “Did you hear that?”

“What?” questioned Changjo, stopping as they came to a set of grand wooden doors.

“It sounded like the rattling of a chain,” whispered Ricky, squeezing the younger’s hand as he stared into the darkness behind them to yet again hear the sound, which seemed as if it was slowly getting closer, “You can’t tell me you didn’t hear that.”

Changjo shushed the barely older male, straining his ears to listen to the silence that surrounded them. Just as he was about to say he didn’t hear anything, he heard just what the younger described – the rattling of chains.

“Let’s get out of here,” whispered Changjo, pulling the other male through the set of doors they had located – being sure to close the heavy wood behind them.

Ricky gasped as he turned forward again to look at their surroundings, the room was dimly lit – torches lined the brick walls of the vast room that was shaped like a rectangle, on the two shorter sides sat a vast wooden door that obviously lead outside – to their freedom – judging from the clean windows beside it and on the opposite side sat a vast and elegant stair case that obviously lead to the other levels. On the longer sides, there were multiple doors – ones similar to the ones they just came through – others were single doors, many of which were open. A living room and dining room of sorts sat on the opposite side of the room – both were bathed in moon light.

“This has to be the entrance hall – or the front hall that is spoken about in the letter, right?” whispered Ricky, turning to look at Changjo, who was scanning their surroundings.

“This has to be it,” responded Changjo, noticing a single random metal door, he pointed towards it, “That has to be the way down to the wine cellar, after all, it’s the closest to the dining like area, which means there has to be a kitchen nearby.”

Ricky suddenly frowned as his stomach growled, reminding him of just how hungry he was, causing him to rub his stomach and whisper, “Man, what I’d do for some food…”

Changjo – despite knowing that this wasn’t any time to be thinking about food – couldn’t help but to agree, “Want to go check the kitchen out?”

Ricky nodded, moving towards the room they believed to be the dining hall. Their hands were still clasped tightly together.

Just as they neared the ‘dining hall’ they heard the chilling sound of chains rattling – this time they were coming closer and were accompanied by the sound of rather rapid footsteps heading their way. The duo – on instinct – turned around only to see some deformed creature running their way at a rather quick pace.

Ricky opened his mouth in a silent scream as Changjo stared at it with wide eyes before spinning on his heal and running, letting go of Ricky’s hand in the process, since the elder seemed to have lost all ability to move.  After getting a few steps away, he turned – having finally noticed that he had let go of the elder’s hand.

“RICKY!” called Changjo – watching in complete horror as the monster crashed into the older in full force – looking like it was out to kill. The younger sprinted towards where Ricky had finally come to his sense and had started to crawl away from the monster rather quickly – however, the older of the two hadn’t moved fast enough.

Changjo cringed as the barely older male let out an ear splitting scream as the monster sunk its claw-like nails into the poor male’s calves, however, the scream didn’t faze the younger.  Changjo sprinted forward, using the momentum and adrenaline to kick the ugly monster off of his friend.

As the teen’s foot connected with the monster’s head there was a sickening crack and the monster let out a silent howl – obviously not having the ability to speak or make noise. The monster – who had a clear dent in its’ head – retaliated by attempting to scratch Changjo, who swiftly dodged it before stomping down countless times on its head in hopes of killing it like you would a bug.

Ricky curled up where he was sitting on the floor – pressing his knees against his chest, despite the protest from his injured leg. He wrapped his arms around his knees, drawing them closer as he watched Changjo kick the monster who had attacked him – wounded him – to death. Ricky observed the younger through tear filled eyes, his muscles were tense and a low growl was being emitted by the younger.

“Changjo,” whispered Ricky, through his sobs of pain – the muscle in his legs felt as though they had been torn apart.  

The younger obviously didn’t hear him, seeing as how his foot kept coming in contact with the monster’s face.

“Changjo,” repeated Ricky, his voice louder and tone wavering – he cringed at the sound of his own voice, which reminded him of some injured puppy or something. However, it had gotten the younger’s attention, seeing as how the boy had turned around to face the other male. Ricky let out a whimper as he saw a terrifying glint in the younger’s eyes – it was as if the younger male didn’t recognize him.

“Changjo,” whimpered Ricky in terror – the younger was slowly approaching him ever so slowly and it was really beginning to scare Ricky, “Changjo.”

Ricky hid his face in his hands as the younger came to stand over him – the glint in his eyes so terrifying, so far from the usual warm glint Changjo’s eyes usually held.

Ricky let out a wavering breath and continued to sob, both in pain and in fear, “Please Changjo – stop this!”

As if commanded, Changjo came to his senses to see Ricky curled up in a ball – trembling. The younger teen fell to his knees beside the older male, wrapping his arms around the younger – who tensed up as soon as the younger’s fingers grazed against his cold skin.

“Ch-Changjo?” whispered Ricky.

“I’m sorry,” muttered Changjo, hugging the older male closer, “I don’t know what got into me – it felt like I wasn’t in control of my body…I’m sorry.”

Ricky shook his head, wrapping his arms around the younger’s neck, wincing in pain as he shifted how he was sitting – causing pain to shoot up his leg from the deep wounds there. Ricky buried his face in Changjo’s chest.

“I’m scared Changjo,” whispered Ricky, “I’m terrified.”

Changjo rested his head against the elder’s, “I am too, Ricky. I am too.”

“Why can’t this be some night mare?” whispered Ricky, tears continuing to fall from Ricky’s doe like eyes, “Why can’t we just wake up and be back with our families?”

Changjo shrugged, “I don’t know Ricky.”

A sudden thud echoed through the halls of the mansion and the duo’s heads shot up – their slight intimate moment being ruined as they looked around in fear. Changjo stood up, sticking his hand out to the older as he spoke, “We need to get out of here – all the noise we made probably attracted others.”

Ricky nodded and attempted to stand up – he got almost there, but as soon as he put weight on his injured leg – tears poured down his cheeks and he shook his head muttering, “I can’t walk on it Changjo – I can’t move.”

Changjo looked at Ricky in worry as another thud echoed through the halls – sounding nearer to where they were. Panicked, Changjo picked Ricky up bridal style (being sure to avoid touching the elder’s wounds) and carried him into the dining hall and later into the kitchen where he moved straight towards the pantry, opening the door and setting the older male down.

“Stay in here,” whispered Changjo, suddenly remembering something.

“Changjo,” whispered Ricky in confusion, noticing that the younger wasn’t going to be staying with him.

“Ricky, there is a medical wing on the second floor – I’m going to go up there and find some bandages for you,” whispered the younger of the duo, Ricky felt his stomach twist and felt as though he was going to throw up.

“W-What?” whispered Ricky, latching onto the younger’s wrist and pleading the younger to stay, “Don’t leave me here alone. Please. Changjo, don’t leave me – you promised not to leave me.”

“I’ll be back,” whispered Changjo, caressing the older male’s cheek, “I promise you, I will be back.”

“Don’t leave me Changjo, please,” pleaded Ricky in complete and total fear, “You promised not to leave me.”

“It’s only for a couple of minutes,” whispered Changjo, running his fingers soothingly through the older male’s hair, “I promise you that you are safe.”

Ricky continued to shake his head, feeling more and more hysterical as the younger began to pull away from him, “P-please don’t leave m-me h-h-here a-alone.”

“You need bandages,” whispered Changjo, “I’m not going to let you get an infection, so stay here and I will be back.”

As soon as those words were spoken, the younger stepped out of the elder male’s reach – his form visible due to the moon light coming through the small windows that were all around the kitchen. Ricky whimpered, a silent plea as Changjo shut the door – leaving the older male in complete darkness.

Ricky whimpered out in fear as he curled up in a ball, not caring too much about the serious pain in his leg as he did so – he rested his head on his knees and sobbed. His heart was yet again pounding in his head – then again, when did it ever stop?

Ricky rocked back and forwards whispering, “He lied – he said he wouldn’t leave me, he promised me.”  

The fourteen year old flinched as he heard footsteps moving towards the door that hid him just mere minutes after Changjo had left – maybe the younger had come back? Maybe he decided against spliting up?

 

 

How do you guys like the poster? Also, this chapter had to be split into three parts since it was far longer than I had expected - the next two chapters will follow up on it. So, yeah, I'll try to get them up as soon as possible. Also, sorry about not giving you all the double update - that'll come next time, I promise.

Also, I hope you all are enjoying it. ^^ 

Thank you to the two commenters on the last update and thank you my 83 subscribers.

Is it confusing, having to swtich between groups like this? If so, let me know and I'll fix it ASAP. ^^