Group Four (Part Three)

Experiment 113: Sanity

Chunji walked a head of the other two he was stuck with – he tried to ignore the feeling that had arisen in the back of his mind, the feeling that he wanted to just scream at Ricky to stay away from L.Joe and to leave them alone – he tried to push back the feeling that was telling him that Ricky was there because he wanted to steal L.Joe away from him and abandon him – leave him all by himself. However, the longer they walked, the farther he lead the duo – the more he heard their abnormally cheerful conversation while in a situation like they were, the more the younger male was grating on his nerves.

“Get out of here,” whispered Chunji, however neither of the males behind him heard him.

Chunji kept glancing over his shoulder to make sure the duo – which had started to whisper to each other like a pair of gossiping ahjummas – hadn’t abandoned him. Sure, he was still afraid of L.Joe and was well aware the younger would harm Chunji if there was ever a need to and he’d do it without second thoughts - without regrets, but Chunji couldn’t help but to feel like he and L.Joe had a bond of some sort developing.

“L.Joe hyung, what was your life like before being thrown into this mansion?” questioned Ricky innocently, smiling up towards the older male.

“Life was good for me, I came from a wealthy family and was worshiped by a lot of girls in school, I was confessed to nearly every single day – by boys and girls alike, though it was more girls than boys,” stated L.Joe, smiling as he reminisced about the ‘good old days’ before being placed in the mansion, however, his smile vanished as he remembered one important fact while his eyes locked onto Chunji’s back – his eyes traveling up and down the elder’s familiar frame like he had become accustomed of doing during their school days.

“Wow, you must have been the school’s player – I never would’ve thought I’d come to be friends with a Kingka,” stated Ricky, his eyes sparkling as he looked at L.Joe, however, the sparkle vanished as he saw the corner of L.Joe’s lips turn downwards. He followed the elder’s gaze to stare at the oldest male of the trio who was walking a head of the duo – not caring to help Ricky move through the halls.

“Did you know Chunji before all of this happened?” questioned Ricky curiously, he saw the way both males tensed up and smile faintly – knowing that something was going on between these two that neither male had wanted to talk about. He smiled innocently as he asked the next question, “Chunji-hyung, did you know L.Joe before coming to the mansion?”

“Yes,” stated Chunji honestly, “We didn’t know each other on a personal basis – we really didn’t know each other at all, but we went to the same school.”

L.Joe nodded in agreement, “We didn’t know each other very well, but we did know of each other’s existence.”

Chunji turned around and locked gazes with L.Joe’s before turning around again and refusing to glance over his shoulder again after meeting L.Joe’s apologetic gaze.

“Chunji, what was your life like?” questioned Ricky, “What was school like for you? No offense hyung, but you look like the average student.”

Chunji laughed bitterly, “I wasn’t even that.”

Ricky automatically apologized – sensing that he wasn’t on the male’s good side already.

“I lived in a poor family – my father had been the pillar of our household, he took care of our financial problems while my mother took care of me, however, he was killed one day in an accident and we lost everything with the debts he left without our knowing,” stated Chunji, “I had to take up a part time job, luckily, my friend’s mother offered me a job at her café – the job gave me plenty enough money to help my mother pay the bills. The job helped me raise enough to pay for tuition to go to the senior high my two best friends Sungjong and Niel and Sungjong’s older brother and cousin attended – the school L.Joe attended as well.” Chunji looked back at Ricky, who looked more apologetic now, “You don’t have to feel sorry for me, after all, at this point in time, our pasts don’t matter – what does matter is getting out of this place alive.”

Ricky nodded in agreement, smiling towards the older male.

“I’m sorry,” muttered L.Joe, earning a curious glance from Ricky – however, the person the apology was directed towards ignored him, or so it seemed like he did, “Chunji?”

“I heard you,” stated Chunji, before pausing and spinning on his heel to look towards the younger – staring into the younger’s eyes, reading the emotion showing in them. He was looking for sincerity in them and he found just that, which brought a weak smile onto the older’s face as he continued to ignore the nagging feeling in the back of his mind that was alerting him of something bad coming their way – as he continued to ignore the fact emotions, feelings he had locked away for three years were slowly rising up within him again after such a long time of being locked away.

L.Joe smiled in return, smiling towards Chunji, “I really am.”

“I know,” stated Chunji, ignoring the gaze from L.Joe that had made his heart flutter as well as Ricky’s curious gaze – that was asking to be filled in on the thing that was going on between the two sixteen year olds.

“What is going on?” whispered Ricky, utterly confused.

“We’ll talk about it some other time,” responded Chunji, L.Joe nodded in agreement.

Just as Chunji was about to speak again, they felt the floor tremble and heard a terrifying roar echo through the halls before them. The trio froze as they saw a mass of monsters running their way – which automatically made Chunji run to Ricky’s other side and aid both Ricky and L.Joe in running in the direction in which they came.

The trio felt their blood pulsing harshly through their bodies – the beating echoing through their ears. Their heart was beating so loudly, they were unable to hear the second roar that echoed through the halls. The roar was not one they were familiar with – it was too loud, too powerful to belong to one of the monsters made from human body parts and it was also too animal like to belong to one of the insane humans. However, not of that mattered at that point in time, because whatever it was heading straight towards them with a herd of monsters before it.

The trio felt relief as they saw the entrance hall come into view, however, they all felt complete and total terror as the beast roared once again – sounding just mere feet away from them as its powerful roar echoed through the halls yet again. The beast’s steps made it feel as though there was an earthquake and it terrified the trio since the tremors under their feet kept getting stronger and stronger – signaling the distance between them and the monster was decreasing rather rapidly.

As they stepped into the entrance hall, counted down the seconds until they were spotted by the beast – knowing that it couldn’t be that long from the tremors its powerful strides created. As soon as they made it to the stairs that went up to the second floor, they sprinted up them only to be happily greeted by two people that two of the three recognized.

“Changjo!” cried Ricky, in both pain and happiness – happy to be reunited with the younger but pain from the fact he was reminded yet again that the younger had once abandoned him.  

“Niel!” cried Chunji, running towards one of his two best friends, hugging the male as soon as he saw him – ecstatic that the younger had actually survived this long in the mansion – especially with how bad the young male’s head injury looked.

“Guys, as much as I hate to break up this reunion, we need to get out of here – fast,” stated L.Joe, his eyes glued to the shadow that was slowly coming closer to the broken door they had just come from, the powerful tremors making it difficult to move without falling or losing balance.

The four other nodded and broke apart – moving up the stairs, Changjo aiding Ricky up the stairs and to where Cap was kneeling down behind the desk. They all peered over the desk and all felt terror run up their spine as they stared at the beast that was standing on the floor below – it was three times the size of the past monsters and it was just indescribable.

“We need to get out of here…” muttered Cap, looking at the other five, “Let’s hide in that room there – we’ll come back out as soon as we’re positive that…thing is gone.”

The males nodded, moving into the room that Cap had pointed out as the oldest male peered out over the entrance hall – his heart pounding in his chest as he watched the monster examined the room around him with blood red eyes – it caught sight of Cap through the dim light and like it was a trigger it went straight towards the stairs, leading Cap to run into the room pushing the others and slamming the door shut.

“Guys, quickly, we need to barricade the door. NOW!” hissed Cap.

The others nodded and moved quickly, those who were able picked up the pieces of furniture and piled them up by the door, just as they moved the last piece of furniture, they heard the growl of the beast as it stood outside the door. There was a thud as the beast threw itself at the wooden door, which was holding up surprisingly well due to the tables, chairs, couches, and bookshelves that reinforced the doors.

“There is a room over here,” whispered Changjo, peering at the older before turning his attention back to Ricky – who he helped get over to the room.

“Go in there, this will only be able to hold him for so long,” stated Cap, “Niel, you go with him – the rest of us will work together to barricade the door. If there is another room, go in there and leave Ricky and Niel and then come help us.”

Changjo nodded and did as the older said to.

“What was that thing?” whispered Chunji as they backed away from the door which would hold the monster off for a little while.

“I don’t know, but I honestly don’t want to find out,” stated Cap, peering at the younger male, “Come on, into the next room we go.”

Chunji nodded, entering the room after Changjo and Ricky, he happily aided Niel into the other room.

Changjo looked around before turning back towards Cap as he shut the door to the room, “There are three doors, what are we going to do?”

“Figure out which door leads to the hall,” stated Cap.

Changjo did as he was told, being sure to keep quiet as he did so, “This door does.”

Cap hummed, “We’ll barricade this door – the one we just came through and then open that one so it looks like we actually went out that way, hopefully the beast will believe so as well.”

Changjo nodded, “The room over there has two doors.”

“Take Ricky in there,” stated Cap, before turning towards L.Joe and Chunji, “You know the drill.”

The duo nodded and barricaded the door with Cap’s help, Niel stood by the door which Changjo and Ricky entered, watching – he offered to help, seeing as how Cap was slowing down, his injuries obviously bothering him more than he let on, however both Cap and Chunji gave him disapproving glances which told him to do otherwise.

After the door was barricaded the group moved into the next room where there was only on other door – which was already open and showed a visible Changjo and Ricky. Cap had opened the door in the previous room to make it looked like they escape before moving into the next and barricading the door yet again, before moving into the final room, where Changjo and Ricky were already waiting – the room was a bed room and had plenty of places to hide if needed.

“Seeing as how we all are becoming exhausted and there just happens to be a bed here,” stated Cap, “Let’s takes shifts sleeping – two of us will sleep, three of us will stay awake to barricade the door if needed, and one of us will stay out in the next room to make sure the barricade out there stays and to warn the others if the monster doesn’t fall for our trap and ends up trying to break through – that way we’ll have four people ready to barricade this last door if needed.”

The others hummed and nodded.

Chunji then spoke up, “How about Niel and Ricky rest first since they are injured.”

Niel was about to protest and tell everyone else that Cap was injured as well, but the glare from Cap made him hesitate for a second before closing his mouth. The other for looked at each other and nodded, all silently agreeing that the two need the most rest due to their injury.

Cap looked at Changjo, tossing bandages towards the younger, “Use these to wrap up the injury on Ricky’s leg.” He then looked towards Chunji and L.Joe, “I’ll take the first shift of watching the barricade.”

The two nodded and watched as the male walked out of the room, before turning to look at each other. The duo then moved away from each other, L.Joe sat on the window sill seat – peering out the only clean window he had seen in ages – his eyes staring out over the forestry that let very little light from the sun reach the ground while Chunji sat against the wall near the door – Cap visible from where he was sitting.

Changjo moved to where Ricky sat on the bed with Niel, whose gaze locked with Chunji’s before he peered at L.Joe, feeling fear bubble up within him as he stared at the countenance of his old bully. Ricky looked over the three other in habitants of the room – avoiding meeting Changjo’s gaze as the younger stared at him in worry as he slowly pulled up the elder male’s pants leg – revealing the gruesome injury which was soon wrapped up and disinfected.

Minutes later, Ricky was dozing off with Changjo at his side. Niel, who had been unable to sleep – who was afraid to fall asleep – had given up his spot to Changjo and now sat beside his child hood friend, the duo whispered amongst themselves as L.Joe slowly dozed off where he sat by the window. Cap, who was in the other room, felt the exhaustion of constantly running around – of battling against the pain in his side – slowly creeping up on him. 

 

Teen Top met up!

When two groups are combined/joined together, they'll go into the small number - meaning all of Teen Top will now be under Group Three!

Also, do you think it's too busy with there being six in the group now?

Hope you all enjoyed the four updates.

Again, if it is confusing please let me know so I can clear it up for you. 

Sorry for any mistakes, I'm human after all. ^^

 

Hope you enjoyed the chapters!