Group Three (Part One)

Experiment 113: Sanity

“Cap, shouldn’t we be getting out of this room?” questioned Niel, glancing around cautiously – he had an odd feeling about the room, he felt as though they were being watched. Hospitals had always creeped out the younger male of the two, but this took that fear to a whole different level.

The older nodded, but continued to search through the cabinets.

“What are you doing then?” whispered the male, moving closer to the elder.

“I’m looking for medical supplies,” muttered the elder, “Considering that we’re both injured, we should both have more bandages so that we can replace our old ones – plus, there are eleven others in this building, who knows if they’ll need any bandages – especially if the doctor wasn’t lying and there are monsters and people who’ve gone insane within the building.”

Niel hummed in understanding, crossing his arms over his chest as a chill suddenly ran down his spine – causing the usually cheerful and talkative male to look around the room in freight. He moved towards the older male on trembling legs, placing his uninjured hand onto the elder’s shoulder, “Can we please get out of here?”

The older looked at the other male, “You do realize, we don’t have to travel together right? You can leave the room if you’d like, but I’m pretty sure we’re currently safer in here than we are out there.”

The younger thought about it and responded in a whisper, “I’m not traveling alone, but I have to disagree with you, we aren’t safe in this room. At least if we’re in the halls, we’ll have a place to run to if something does come after us…in here, there’s nothing that could save us.”

The older sighed in slight annoyance, but he understood the younger’s words.

Niel then spoke up again, “Can you not feel it?”

“Feel what?” whispered Cap in response, looking at the younger male.

“The thing watching us – whether it be person or monster,” stated Niel, his eyes scanning over the dimly light room around them – the corners were hidden by shadows since the light of the candles they had lit didn’t reach them.

Cap froze where he was, looking up at Niel as there was a sudden clink of metal hitting metal in the opposite corner of the room. Niel flinched at the sound of metal grating against the ground that followed.

The younger male moved towards the seventeen year old, grabbing ahold of the older male’s arm – their eyes locked and the older saw the complete terror in the younger’s eyes as he pleaded, “Can we please go? P-please, p-please don’t make me go alone.”

Cap nodded, standing up and grabbing ahold of the back pack that he had filled with medical supplies such as bandages and various antibacterial medicines. The male had previously found the bag during their search for candles and matches.

Niel automatically latched himself onto the older’s arm, his eyes closed tightly as the sound of metal grating against the stone floor reverberated through the large and rather empty room yet again. Cap, seeing the younger’s complete terror, took it into his hands to get the younger out of the room and away from whatever was in there with them.

“Come on,” whispered Cap, grabbing ahold of the candle they had previously lit – taking the stand with him as he moved towards the door.

Niel opened his eyes, his head was now throbbing and he could hear the loud and erratic beating of his heart as they moved out of the medical wing and into the silent hallway.  His hands were shaking and he felt as though he couldn’t really trust his legs as he walked beside the emotionless older male.

As for the “emotionless” Cap, he could feel the younger trembling, but he just couldn’t speak up because he didn’t trust his own voice to be strong enough – reassuring enough to calm the fifteen-year-old down. The male looked back to look through the door frame they just walked through and was met by total darkness, his heart pounded in his chest as he felt yet another chill run down his spine – whatever had been watching them was still doing so, whether it could move or not, he didn’t want to stick around to find out.

As Cap turned his head back towards the hallway before them, he missed the glimmer of something sliver in the very little moonlight that was coming through the dirty windows – he missed the set of eyes peering at them, he missed the smirk that appeared on the shadow’s lips as they lifted an old rusty knife – the glint in their eye showing their intent to kill.

 

 

On the first floor of the mansion, Ricky and Chang Jo searched through everything in the laboratory, where they had awoken – being cautious of the shards of glass that littered the floor of the room. Through their search they found a couple of sharp utensils that could be used as weapons, a couple of candle sticks (without any thing to light them), and a couple of unmarked potions – which they guessed were highly acidic after accidentally spilling one and watching as it ate through not only the wooden table but some of the stone floor as well.

“Changjo,” stated Ricky, looking at the odd potions as he spoke, “Do you think these will come in handy?”

“I’m not too sure,” muttered Changjo, “I mean they could, but we’ll have to be cautious carrying them around.”

Ricky nodded in understanding, placing the ‘potions’ back onto the table – internally debating with himself on whether or not they should be taking them. However, what he did know for sure was that they were going to be taking the things they could use as weapons. As he moved the sharp pieces of metal and placing them in a bag that was closed by draw strings, his eyes caught sight of another note – this time it was written out rather sloppily, but he was positive that it was written by the same person that had written the previous note they had found.

“Changjo, I’ve found another note,” stated Ricky, automatically getting the younger to come to his side as he read the note with some slight difficulty due to the flickering lights in the room.

 

Experiment 113: Sanity

Attempt 2.1

Entry 1

The first attempt of the Sanity experiment failed – it ended with all ten of my first subjects dying within the first twenty-four hours of the experiment. The sanity potion that I had created had completely fried their brain – literally. It turns out that I might have made it a little TOO acidic, seeing as how within mere hours of drinking the potions, the subjects had begun to feel extreme pain in their stomach and later, were unable to move due to such pain. As it turned out, when I checked on them the second day, I found them all dead in different corners of my mansion – each one were eaten from the inside out. I take it that the acidity of the potion caused such event. Also, it was proven through closer examination to the body their mouths, esophagus, and stomach – the organs that got the most contact with the acidic potion, were completely eroded. Due to such decay, I was unable to use their body parts for my other experiment.

 

Changjo and Ricky both cringed at the gruesome details. Ricky had teared up a bit as he thought about what pain and torture the original ten ‘specimens’ had gone through.

Ricky grabbed Changjo’s hand, intertwining their fingers as he spoke with a wavering voice, “Jonghyun, think about what torture they had gone through – they died without knowing that they were dying…think of how fast the ‘potion’ had ate them.”

Changjo nodded, squeezing barely older male’s hand, knowing that the other was speaking out his thoughts since he too was having difficulties believing the information they found out through the journal entry.

Ricky turned towards Changjo, his eyes glazed over by tears, “What if we have a newer version of this potion within us? What if we’re slowly dying without realizing completely that were dying? What if it is killing us slowly and painlessly?”

“Ricky,” whispered Changjo, caressing the elder’s cheek with trembling fingers, “Don’t think that way, if the potion was killing us, we’d know already.”

“How do you know that?” whispered Ricky, looking at the younger male, whose eyes showed just as much fear as his did.

“I just do,” muttered Changjo, “Please just don’t think that way.”

Ricky nodded in understanding, “L-Let’s get back to our search.”

Changjo nodded.

The two got back to their search of the laboratory, however, just a mere ten minutes later, Changjo called Ricky over – finding another entry which read:

 

Experiment 113: Sanity

Attempt 2.1

Entry 2

The previous potion was too acidic, so I’m changing the pH levels just a little bit – not too much, but just a little bit. I’m curious to see what will happen to the specimens this time around – whether or not they’ll be eaten from the inside out like the previous group, or if –when they do die – I’ll be able to use their body parts for my other experiment that I have got going on. I’ve managed to create a new being, but they’re more of a monster than a human, so they are complete waste of time. However, recently, they’ve grown stronger – they just keep doing so with each generation of monster I make. Anyway, the monsters are beside the point, we need to find a potion that’ll keep me sane since it seems as though the longer I’m kept within this place – the more insane I’m growing. To be honest though, I’d rather go insane then die from being eaten alive by acid.

 

“Another gruesome entry,” whispered Ricky, burying his face in the younger’s shoulder; the younger male wrapped his arms around the barely older male’s waist.

“It is in fact gruesome, but it’s helping us to understand those potions better,” whispered Changjo, “Not just the potions, but why we’re here and how the monsters – we have yet to encounter were made.”

Ricky hummed in response, knowing what they did, but as much as he hate to admit it – the entries scared him. They made him think about what they could’ve been given and weither or not they were dying slowly – what if some of them died and left only a couple remaining? What if he was left in the mansion by himself? What if Changjo lied to him earlier and left him alone?

Ricky’s heard hammered in his chest, beating so hard that it felt like it was going to jump out of the his chest cavity at any second. His breathing had subconsciously quickened as well – leading to him hyperventilating.

Seeing the response Ricky had, Changjo wrapped his arms even tighter around the elder male, whispering sweet and promising words – reassuring words – into the other male’s ear, successfully calming the male down, deciding against showing the other male the other entry he had found. The entry included the end results of the second attempt at the Sanity experiment.  

The other entry read:

 

Experiment 113: Sanity

Attempt 2.3

Entry 1 (the only entry of this part)

Like the first attempt the potions had killed the entire population specimen off. The acid ate them at a slower rate than before, it went from them all dying within a day to them all dying within a week – whether it was the new ingredients that I had put into the portion of the minor pH level change I made that extended their life – I don’t know, but that is what all these different attempts are for. All I do know for sure is that this time around, they didn’t feel any sign of death approaching until he was already knocking at their door. A noticeable change between this attempt and the previous – they looked like they were perfectly healthy on the outside, but once you look at the inside it was completely different story. Though there weren’t any organs to use for my other experiment – there were other body parts that I could use since there were some limbs that had no parts eaten away by the acid. Although this attempt was a failure – it was quite informative about the potions and with change success is bound to come.

 

After locating a fourth note, the third to Ricky – one from the doctor’s sixth attempt, that stated that in the previous experiment he had perfected the potion finally and was now changing the experiment over to seeing how long his specimen’s sanity could last within his cold, dark, creepy mansion without any of the sanity potion being available – Changjo and Ricky decided that it was time to leave the laboratory. Taking their ‘weapons’ with them alongside some of the highly acid potions, the duo ventured out into the hall way – where their eyes finally adjusted to the dark – which was impossible in the laboratory, due to the flickering light. 

“Which way should we go?” whispered Changjo, not wanting to break the eerie silence in the hall in fear of alerting some monster of their location.

“That way,” responded Ricky, murmuring under his breath – Changjo had heard him loud and clear though.

With a deep breath, the younger of the two grabbed the elder’s hand tightly in his – intertwining their fingers with each other.

 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. ^^

It's been over six months since I've posted, so please forgive me for being a bad author.

To make it up to you, I've returned with a double update for you all. ^^ 

This is the first of two chapters for you all. 

I hope you enjoyed.
 

Sorry for any grammar mistakes I made, I'm not perfect.