The Escape

Experiment 113: Sanity

Looking around, they found themselves cloaked in darkness; however, the beam of a flash light attracted them like a moth to a candle. Upon arriving at the pressure pad, Sungyeol wrapped his arms around his younger brother, so happy to see him again. Sungjong cried into the elder’s shoulder in relief – relieved that the elder male was alive still.

“As much as I hate to break up this reunion, we need to go…” stated Hoya, who hadn’t even hugged his own cousin, “Now!”

The other males all nodded, ten of them positioned themselves of the pressure pads – upon them doing so, a piece of the wall rose up, revealing a tunnel – the males’ path to freedom.

“It’s coming…one must die for the others to live…” whispered Niel, he had spoken so quietly no one had heard him over the rumbling as the house went through another bout of tremors.

 

“Let’s go guys, let’s get out of this hell hole before it comes down on us,” stated Woohyun, the others all nodded.

The ground shook and they heard something that sounded much like a toothpick snapping as the whole house shook violently.

“It is here,” whispered Niel so that only CAP could hear over the violent tremors, casting his gaze over the dark room surrounding them, “They both are…beast and its’ master shadow reunites…”

“What of Esper?” whispered CAP curiously, Niel smile at him hauntingly.

“He’s here as well…the three are here…Master, his beast, and his slave…” whispered Niel, giggling from hysteria.

“N-Niel,” whispered CAP in worry,

“Come on you guys, we need to get moving…NOW!” stated Sunggyu, standing by the tunnel, Woohyun standing close to his side.

They heard the monstrous roar echo through the otherwise silent halls as the tremors increased in length and strength. The males all moved towards the tunnel, gathering by it, allowing Sunggyu – who now had procession of the flashlight enter the tunnel followed by Woohyun.

One by one they entered the tunnel, only to hear Esper’s chilling voice, “You all aren’t leaving me to die here alone children…you won’t get me master…I’ll get you the newest sacrifice…I’m immortal…I can’t die…”

A roar echoed through the tunnels along with doctor’s words as the males rapidly crawled through the tunnel system, ignoring the rocks and metal poking out through the ground, scrapping their knees and palms as they crawled.

“I will get you a new vessel…”

“One shall die in order for the others to live…those are master’s words,” whispered Niel.

“No one is going to die other than that crazy man that had brought us to that hell hole!” stated Chunji, over hearing his friends’ words.

“I hope you’re right,” whispered Sungyeol, who had heard the younger male’s exclamation from where he was second to last in the line traveling through the tunnel.

Sungjong stayed silent, feeling like there was something right behind him; however, he refused to look back in fear that something was there – something right behind him.

“Sungjong, hurry up,” whispered Sungyeol, sensing that his brother was slowing down, sensing that there was something there chasing them – not the doctor, but an unseen force.

“Hurry,” muttered Hoya, from where he crawled before Sungyeol, obviously sensing it as well.

“Guys, we’re not too far from the exit, I’m seeing light,” stated Sung Gyu, the others all hummed – quickening their pace.

Sungyeol felt relief flood through his veins as he saw the light coming from the end of the tunnel, he watched as Sunggyu climbed out, followed by Woohyun, CAP, Niel, L.Joe, Chunji, and Dongwoo. Those whom were well aided Myungsoo up into the servant quarters, Hoya swiftly climbed out of the tunnel system as well. However, as Sungyeol and Sungjong neared the exit, there was a blood curdling scream along with the sound of something rushing towards the duo. Sungyeol, pressing himself against the wall shoved Sungjong forward, forcing the younger up out of the tunnel.

Sungjong looked at Sungyeol as the wounded elder grabbed ahold of the edge of the floor above, attempting to pull himself out – Myungsoo, Hoya, and Dongwoo tried to aid him, however, they all watched in shock as Sungyeol started to slip into the hole.

“Sungyeol, climb up,” whispered Hoya, trying harder to get his cousin out of the tunnel system.

“I’m trying to, but something has ahold of my feet,” whispered Sungyeol, kicking his legs, he could feel someone’s grasp on his ankles but couldn’t see anything.

Sungjong looked at Sungyeol from where he was almost out of the hole; he automatically finished pulling himself up before – like the others – focusing on Sungyeol, who they were all slowly losing grip of.

“You’re not leaving us again Sungyeol,” growled Hoya, “We just got you back! You’re not going to be leaving us again so soon...”

Sungyeol nodded, but looked down in fear; the darkness seemed to swirl around his feet as if it was a live.

“M-Master…” whispered Niel in fright, he automatically released Sungyeol’s wrist, quickly scurrying backwards, away from the hole.

Cap turned his attention away from the whole as well, turning to look at the younger – seemingly insane – male, “Master?”

“He’s there…” whispered Niel, not making any sense as he turned towards the elder male, “He’s there – he wants Yeolie-hyung, I can’t disobey him.”

“Niel,” stated Cap in worry, accidentally letting Sungyeol slip from his hands as well as he moved towards the younger who was now curled up in the cradle position against the wall, his knees pressed firmly against his chest.

Sunggyu felt Sungyeol slipping out of his clammy hands, however, he tried his hardest to keep a grip on the younger’s injured arms, but he soon lost his gripping and hold of Sungyeol as he seemed to be slightly pulled back into the tunnel. Woohyun also lost his grip on Sungyeol and was in too much pain to grab ahold of the same aged teen again. Sung Gyu and Woohyun both looked at their hands in horror, they were swollen and red – seemingly blistering – plus, they hurt horribly.

Soon, Chunji and L.Joe also lost their grip, followed closely by Changjo, Ricky, and Dongwoo, all five pairs of hands were blistering, much like Sunggyu and Woohyun’s. Sungyeol stared at Hoya, Sungjong, and Myungsoo in fear and worry, as he slipped ever so farther back into the tunnel – the darkness now hid his knees and below, pulling on him with more strength, bringing him more pain.

Hoya’s grip unintentionally loosened as a hot, sharp pain traveled up his arms, feeling like he had stuck his arm in a fire, he knew that Sungyeol had felt the burning sensation as well as he heard the yelp slip from between his cousin’s lips.

“Don’t let go,” whispered Sungyeol, staring straight into Hoya’s eyes as he was pulled ever so deeper into the darkness in the tunnel.

“I won’t,” whispered Hoya, Myungsoo nodded in agreement – despite the intense pain he was in due to overexerting his muscles and reopening some of his wounds.

There was a horrible screech that was emitted from the depths of the tunnel as the ground trembled yet again, pulling Sungyeol down even farther. Hoya and Myungsoo were both shocked at the harsh tug on Sungyeol – which had him screaming in pain – and caused him to slip out of their grasps and in turn pull Sungjong down into the darkness, into the tunnel with him.

As he fell, Sungyeol could see the worried expressions of the others as they all peered over the edge in complete and total horror; Sungyeol looked at Sungjong who was falling with him – who looked just as horrified as the others.            

“I’m sorry,” whispered Sungyeol.

Sungjong, despite his terrified expression, smiled weakly towards the elder, “Don’t be, this isn’t your fault...”

Sungyeol frowned at his younger brother as his vision was consumed by little black dots – he felt someone’s grip on his shoulders and his brother’s grasp on his hand. He fell numb, unconscious, before making contact with the ground – however, he heard the echoing thud.

“Sungyeol!” “Sungjong!”

 

As Sungyeol felt all his senses numbing a single sentence passed through his mind, filling his dying thoughts.

“One shall be my body the other my mind; both shall be a part of the shadows, both will act as my vessels...I can't wait to see which one outlasts the other - especially now that both are wounded...one must die for the other to live...”

 

Thank you to all of those whom have commented, subcribed, upvoted, and heck, even if you just read this...Thank you. 

Next chapter will be the Epilogue, then it's off to the seqeul. 

I hope I haven't disappointed you in this poorly written chapter. I think it lacked compared to the other chapters...