Welcome to the Mansion

Experiment 113: Sanity

 

A groan was emitted as two boys woke up in a room filled with boxes and tons of cabinets along with a lot of spare, identical furniture. The taller of the two males and the slightly more effeminate male looked around, trying to come up with where they were.  Sighing the older of the two males held his head, trying to remember what he last did. All he got were flashes of him, Lee Sungjong, Lee Howon, Lee Chanhee, and Ahn Daniel walking down the streets of Seoul happily, heading to a the theatre to watch the new horror movie that came out. He remembers that someone had him a top the head first, and as he fell to the ground he saw three dark figures knocking the others out as well. The older male’s eyes widened, his brother and cousin weren’t here. Looking around the room frantically, he took in the sight of boxes, boxes, and more boxes that is until his gaze landed on the dark haired male who sat beside him in the room, looking around with a stoic expression, which slightly creeped the choding out.

“Who are you?” asked Sungyeol, curiously.

The younger male looked at him with a cold gaze for a mere second before turning his head away, smiling as he spotted a door. Sungyeol pouted as he was ignored by the other boy, who had stood up and moved through the very dimly lit room and towards the door, only to find that the door was locked. The male frowned, as he tried to kick the rotting wood door down, however no matter how hard he tried the wood would not give. The male groaned and sat on the floor leaning against boxes that were in the room.

“Hey, who are you?” asked Sungyeol again, this time more determined to get an answer.

“What’s it matter to you?” asked the other male, standing up again once he caught his breath, the younger male moved around the room, inspecting every corner.

“Well, considering we’re both trapped in a creepy, dimly lit room, I thought I’d might as well try to know the person who I’m stuck with,” Said Sungyeol, standing up.

“We’re not trapped…” muttered the other male, moving boxes out of the way one by one.

“What do you mean?”

“Look…” muttered the other male, moving away from the wall.

Sungyeol smiled, seeing the small tunnel both could probably crawl through.

“Now help me move the damn boxes…” hissed the younger male.

“Not until you tell me your name.”

“L.”

“That’s a letter, now seriously tell me your name.” said Sungyeol, “Or else I’ll sit here and let you do ALL the work.”

Myungsoo grit his teeth, clenching both his hands into fists, he could feel the annoyance bubbling through his system, he hated childish people like the taller male who stood before him, however, he knew he would have to deal with the boy for a while whether he liked it or not. Obviously the idiot didn’t understand that they were in some sort of danger, or he just couldn’t take this dimly lit, creepy room as a hint.  The male hissed out through gritted teeth, “My nickname is L, which is all you need to know, now help me move these damn boxes or I’ll leave your here and get out of here on my own.”

The older nodded; feeling slightly scared of the younger, rather annoyed male.

“L…I found a note…” muttered Sungyeol.

Myungsoo looked at him curiously and came closer, reading the note over Sungyeol’s shoulder.

 

In another section of the house Lee Sungjong woke up alone in a  rather dimly lit, moist room, his head pounding as a horrible scent invaded his nostrils. Sungjong groaned as he rubbed his aching head, as he brought his hand away from his head, he was shocked to see a dark substance on his hand in the dim light, the slight scent of blood filled the already horrible smelling room and he scrunched up his nose. What had happened to him? Where was he? Where was his brother? His cousin? His Bestfriends? Where were they?

Closing his eyes the younger tried to think about what he remembered last. He searched his mind for his last memories, suddenly the memory of hearing his older brother’s pain filled scream and getting knocked out before he turned around to check on him flashed through his mind. He whimpered and looked around, there was nobody insight but the murmuring said that there was someone nearby. Standing up, the boy moved slowly out of the room, slipping through the partically open door, afraid to move it all the way and make a sound, and into the hallway which was barely even lit. The only thing he could see in the darkness was a door to some sort of closest. As he heard footsteps approaching him, he moved closer to a large closest, slipping into it for cover, keeping his eyes on the dim light that was slowly drifting closer, he was about to ask where he was and who the person patrolling is until he saw a glint of something sliver…a knife.

 Swallowing the lump in his throat and holding back a fear filled scream, he moved silently, sitting down on the moist ground, his wide eyes glued to the mangled female’s figure through the crack he left in the door of the new little room he was in as she moved through the room and past his hiding spot. The girl’s hair was unkempt and sticking out all over the place. Her wide doe like eyes seemed to stare into nothing, her limbs twitched at random and she continued to mutter to herself.

“Where are the last two…I must kill them…Must kill…Sooyoung-unnie and I should’ve found them by now…Where are those demons?” whispered the girl, obviously she was insane, she looked around, “Are they in here? Someone is staring at me…”

Sungjong bit his lip in fear and pulled his gaze away from her, however, he jumped seeing a second set of high heels in front of the door. He looked up and there was an even taller girl who looked like the other, her hair unkempt, she was covered in dry blood, a knife was in her hand as was a lantern, and her eyes also seemed to stare at nothing.

“They’re near…I can tell…” whispered the girl closest to Sungjong, she moved away from the barrel, “Come Seohyun…let’s go to the wine cellar…I smell them, as well as the monster that is heading this way.”

The girl hummed and moved away, following the other deranged girl, however, before she got to the stairs she started straight at Sungjong, making the boy jump away from the door, knocking into a broom, which he caught just in time before it hit the floor and alerted the two obvious murders of his presence. As he head the heavy metal door at the top of the stairs close he stood up with the broom, deciding that it would be his way to protect himself.

As he stood up, his foot landed on something that was cylinder-like. He quickly bent down and pulled whatever it was off the ground, touching it to see what it could possibly be. Eventually he founded a button, pressing it quickly. He shielded his eyes from the light that came out of the flashlight, which obviously still had full batteries. He smiled happily, deciding to check out the closet he was in and try to figure out what smelled so horrid. His flash light caught onto something red, following the little trail of what seemed to be blood, he got the biggest shock of his life…there laid  the dead body of two women, fear was frozen in what was left of their facial features in the dried blood.

“Wh-what is this place…wh-where are you hyung?” Whimpered Sungjong, tears from fright pooling in his eyes, however when a paper caught his eye, he picked it up.

 

A groan filled Woohyun’s hearing as he woke up on a bed, looking beside him he saw an older looking male lying beside him rubbing his head. Glancing around he remembered that he was flirting with some people at a club, he had had a few drinks, but after that was a blur. He looked at the other male, they both were fully clothed so, nothing had happened, but where were they?

“Who are you?” muttered the male who was on the other side of the dusty, king sized bed.

“I’m Nam Woohyun,” said Woohyun, smirking and acting flirty, despite the situation. He knew that there was something horribly wrong, but he, being the person he is, didn’t show that it bothered him as he looked at the other male beside him, who had a hamster like face, “And who are you, my beautiful fellow?”

“I’m Kim Sunggyu, don’t you EVER call me a beautiful fellow,” Muttered the male, “I’m probably older than you anyway, so treat me with respect.”

“I am…”

“It seems more like you’re trying to get into my pants…” said Sunggyu, kneading the heel of his hands against his throbbing temples, as he sat on the edge of the bed, he looked around, “Where are we?”

“That I don’t know myself…” muttered Woohyun, glancing at the older styled home.

“Did you even look out the window?” asked Sunggyu.

Woohyun shook his head, “What use would it be? I can already tell you from how dusty this room is we’re not in a hotel or in a building that has been inhabited for a while…”

“How would you know this?” inquired Sunggyu, raising an eyebrow at the obviously younger male.

“Let’s just say I spend a lot of time in hotels…”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes, “It’s because of people like you this world is such a messed up place…”

Woohyun looked at the older, offended, “Well, excuse me for having a life outside of whatever you did.”

“I have a life that is more important than yours…” muttered Sunggyu, “I’m studying to be a doctor, and from what I’ve heard so far, you’re going to be one of those people that drops out of school, starts working in a club, and ends up dying from some unknown ually transmitted disease.”

Woohyun glared at Sunggyu, “I am not.”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and stood up, moving towards the window, as he did so Woohyun followed him with his eyes, however, both were ignoring each other and were both trying to figure out why they both had a weird feeling in their gut, as if they were in horrible danger.

“Ah! Look at this!” said Sunggyu suddenly as he pulled back the drapes to find a note taped to the window. Woohyun looked at the older hesitantly and moved towards the window, once he was standing beside him, he leaned forwards to look at the note.

 

As one of two boys stuck in the attic of the mansion came to, he sneezed from the dust circulating the air, tickling his nose. He scrunched up his nose yet again has he felt the need to sneeze yet again, however the feeling faded as he was startled by the sound of the other male, whom he had not noticed, waking up. His shaggy, dyed dark blue hair fell into his eyes as he glanced at the other male.

“Who are you?” asked the male before opening his eyes completely, “Where are we?”

“I’m Jang Dongwoo…” muttered the blue haired male, “I don’t really know where we are? What’s your name?”

“Lee Howon…” muttered the younger looking male, suddenly his eyes opened, “Sungyeol…Sungjong…”

“Who?” asked Dongwoo, looking at the younger whose eyes were wide.

“My cousins,” muttered Hoya, glancing around, trying to find a window so that he could figure out where they were, “The last thing I remember is heading to a move with them…We were walking when suddenly my cousin Sungyeol was attacked from behind…we all were. We had no chance to get away…Do you remember anything?”

Dongwoo thought about it, “All I remember is talking to my mother about something, leaving the house and seeing some weird, thin figure in front of me, after that I fell unconscious and I don’t remember....”

“So we were both attacked…” muttered Howon, “The attackers must have brought us here…Where ever here is…”

“What?” asked Dongwoo, not catching the last part.

“Ah…nothing…” said Howon, smiling, he then whispered under his breath, “So that means the four are somewhere else in this house…”

Dongwoo sighed, “Where are we, really?”

Howon shrugged, “That I don’t know…” He glanced around the room, barely seeing anything since it was so dark in the room the two were trapped in. His eye suddenly caught something under the lone torch in the room, “What is that?”

“A letter?” muttered Dongwoo, crawling towards it carefully, the ceiling were low so they both were careful as they crawled. Getting to the letter first Dongwoo read it out loud to the other male, who was a stranger to him, but he predicted that he had to deal with for the rest of his time in this place, however long that was…

 

The youngest two specimens of the experiment woke up at the exact same time, both groaning and sitting up to face each other without meaning two. When they saw each other in a unfamiliar place they became confused.

“Where are we?” asked Changhyun, latching onto his younger male, and looking around the room, which had a flickering light, in fear, “Seriously, where are we?”

“I don’t know Changhyun…” muttered the younger male, standing up cautiously, the fourteen year old cast his gaze all over the room, examining everything, “This is some sort of laboratory…”

“What?” muttered Changhyun, peeking up over one of the counters around him, on top of the counter sat a bunch of test tubes holding different chemicals.

“Ah…there is something over in the cabinet…” muttered the younger moving slowly towards the cabinet that had a cloth like material shoved between the doors.

Changhyun latched onto the younger male’s arm, whimpering, “Don’t leave me alone over there…”

“Hyung, it wasn’t like I was leaving the room…” muttered the younger.

“It would’ve been like you were.” Whimpered Changhyun, “This place creeps me out…I don’t like it…Don’t EVER leave me alone…”

The younger sighed and ruffled the month older male’s hair, “Don’t worry Changhyun-ah, I won’t leave you alone and we’ll get out of here together…as soon as I find out what that is.”

Changhyun eyes moved to where Jonghyun was pointing and smiled, “Changjo-ah what is that?”

“We’re switching to our nicknames now, really Ricky?” muttered Changjo, shaking his hand, “Also, I don’t know what it is, and that’s why I’m going to go check it out…”

The older pouted and stayed latched onto the younger male’s arm as they moved towards the cabinet, opened the door, and freed the note that was written on some sort of fabric.

 

“YAH! Wake up!” called a harsh, cold voice, the barely conscious sixteen year old came to as someone kicked his side.

The boy whimpered and groggily opened his eyes, staring at the person who had kicked him, the boy’s eyes widened as he saw his bully from school, the boy shot up off the ground from where he was laying and pressed himself against one of many bookshelves in the room. His eyes were wide as they started at the slightly younger male in fear. His mind raced as he tried to think about where he was at and what he was previously doing, all that came to mind was that he his best friends Niel and Sungjong, plus Sungjong’s brother Sungyeol, and cousin Hoya all decided to go to see a movie, but ended up getting attacked on the way there. He remembers being dragged around; however, he doesn’t remember or know why he and his bully were trapped in a well-lit library.

“L-L.Joe, why are you here?”

“I don’t know, Chunji,” Hissed the younger and shorter male, giving the older a cold expression; he raised his hand suddenly, causing Chunji to flinch, thinking that he was going to be hit, “However, I did find this letter and I think that YOU should read it to me.”

The older nodded hesitantly, but obeyed the younger’s orders, afraid that he’d be hit if he didn’t.

 

A groan filled the room which held the final pair of partners, both boys were injured in some way or form, the older of the two had a bandage around his shoulder and torso from being attacked by something. As for the younger, he had a bandage around his head and one around his wrist. The older woke up first and blinked, allowing his eye to adjust to the brightness from the light streaming through the slightly dirty windows and the light given off by the florescent lights on the ceiling.

Glancing around, he noticed that he was in some sort of medical area, lying on a bed with another injured boy lying beside him, the other male was more feminine and had older bruises marking his body. His brown hair was a little shaggy and tied back in a short pony tail. The older looked at the younger and checked his pulse, smiling when he saw that the boy was breathing and had a normal heart rate.

The groaned from the younger male startled him, he pulled himself away from the younger and away from the bed in total, he chose to stand at the counters near the sink, and stare at him from across the room as he woke up. The younger male sat up with a groan, messaging his temples, which were hidden by the bandage over the top of his head (which didn’t affect the short pony tail).

“Are you okay?” asked the older male, staring at the boy who looked up at him startled.

“Y-Yes…” muttered the obviously younger male, who glanced around, “Where are we?”

“Some sort of hospital wing in a mansion…” muttered the older, staring out the window.

“What’s your name?” asked the younger.

“CAP,” Muttered the older, “It’s a nickname.”

“I know…I’m not stupid…” muttered the younger, pouting, “I’m Niel. Do you know why we’re in a mansion?” 

CAP shook his head and looked around the room as Niel sat up, glancing around as well, he then spotted a tattered piece of paper on the pillow that was previously beside his head, “Hey…I found something.”

CAP walked over and sat beside the younger male on the bed and read the letter with the younger male.

 

 

All the boys were reading the same note at surprisingly the same time:

 

 

Dear boys,

If you are reading this than you survived long enough to get to where you’re supposed to be placed with in my home, well, it’s temporarily your nightmare house now, my guinea pigs. I’m going to give you some hints as to what you’re going to, well, are supposed to be doing, since the other one hundred people brought into this house didn’t quite discover or realize it. You all are in different rooms of my beautiful mansion…It’s beautiful, right? Ah, who am I kidding, I already know this place is beautiful. Anyway, you all are in different rooms in the house. I’ve decided to be nice and tell you where each guinea pig is so you all have a higher rate of survival, anyway, once you meet you the thirteen of you, however there doesn’t need to be thirteen, there can be at least ten of you, any less and you have no hope of getting out of here.

Anyway, once you meet the thirteen of you are to find the way out…The way out is a tunnel. I’m not going to tell you where this tunnel is located, so you all will have to locate it yourself, however, I am going to tell you every one’s starting locations, which most likely won’t be where they are come half an hour from now.

Anyway, guinea pigs 101 and 103 are located in the master bedroom on the third floor, guinea pigs 102 and 104 are located in the attic, guinea pigs 105 and 107 are located in the storage section of the basement (have fun getting out of there), guinea pigs 106 and 111 are located in the second floor of the medical wing, guinea pig 108 (the “control”) is located in the sewers which link into the basement (once again have fun getting out of there), guinea pigs 109 and 110 are located on the second floor of the maze like library (do be careful there, there is nowhere to hide if something appeared…), and the final guinea pigs, 112 and 113, are located in the laboratory on the first floor.

Have fun trying to meet up because there are hundreds of rooms to search through, yeah, you know where everyone started off, but do you know how to get there? I think not. Yes, I told you this stuff but it is not going to be of much help because if you stay still too long…ah…you’ll see what happens…

Also, if you see any of my previous experiments walking around, please find a piece of paper and a pen and write it down for me…They’ve seemed to have escaped where they were previously being held.

Hint: Look at notes you find, they might be VERY helpful…

Welcome to my mansion,

Dr. Esper

The owner of the mansion

 


I hope you all enjoyed the chapter...

Even though it's not scary right now, since, well it's a introduction pretty much...

Please excuse any mistakes, I'm not perfect...

If you noticed this chapter jumped around from group to group, it's going to do that in following chapters as well, however, not all of the groups will be in one chapter. 

I hope you all don't mind the colored font...I just find red font more fitting for this story, plus, this is my 29 story here on AFF and it's just boring for me to look at black font all the time. Oh! I'm also happy because I've noticed most of my subscriber's are ones who read my previous stories (some of which are still in progress). 

Also, wow...36 subscribers before I even posted the first chapter. I love you al alreadyl~! <3

Also, thank you to the seven people who commented.

I might be updating again later...I don't really know since I'm going to work on my other stories a bit as well.

- Lane 

P.S. I just noticed Sungjong's sanity is already being picked at...it's unintentional...