Chapter 9

Arranged

Arranged

9th Chapter

                              Donghae was dragged to the kitchen by the smell of the coffee, there he found his wife preparing their breakfast which is unusual since they have a maid who prepares all their meals

“Good morning wifey” he greeted while kissing her cheek before adding “why are you preparing breakfast”

“I just felt like it. Even if you don’t like the food pretend it’s good so you don’t hurt my feelings okay?” her sweet laugh filled his ears.

They both sat to enjoy their breakfast before spending another stressful day at work.  He took a sip of the coffee he so badly needed then started eating some toast with scrambled eggs.

“Hmmm it’s so good, just like everything you do” he exaggerated his compliments making his wife laugh even more.

“Yaah! Are you making fun of me?” she jokingly poked his forehead.

“Not at all! It’s actually much better than I expected. When you said you couldn’t cook I thought it was to the point where you’ll burn the house by lighting the stove.” They continued eating while talking about their day schedule before he asked.

“Do you have anything planned this week-end?”

“No, why?”

“I was thinking we should spend the week-end at Jeju, enjoy the nice weather while it’s still here”

“That’s a great idea, we didn’t even go to the beach this summer” Sooyeon knew why he planned this trip, on that week-end it would be 6 months since they got married. She was really excited but tried her best to look normal.

As soon as she got in her car to go to work, she called Taeyeon to tell her the news.

“This is the perfect opportunity to tell him! It’s your anniversary and you’ll have a romantic mood, just say those two words and get over with it” Sooyeon sighed before answering

“But what if he doesn’t feel the same? It’ll just ruin everything, and I’d rather have him taking such good care of me without those words than him ignoring me like when we just got married”

“You’ve just said girl, he takes really good care of you, he loves you too , and he’s probably just as scared as you are. Leeteuk isn’t telling me what they talked about yesterday either, which either means they were talking about you or they’re both cheating on us.”

“Leeteuk would never dare cheat on you, you’d eat him alive. How is it going with you two by the way?”

“It is much better after we confessed our feelings, which is why you should do it too” she insisted.

“Oh my goodness, give me a break! I’m already at the parking lot, we’ll just talk this afternoon. I’ll pick you up so we can go shopping.”

With all the developments in their relationship, Sooyeon couldn’t help but fall in love with her husband. At first, she denied, thinking it’s just lust but during the day she didn’t miss the pleasure Donghae’s body provided, no, she missed his presence, his sweet words, his laugh… What she loves the most about him, is the way he treats her, she really feels like a princess whenever she’s with him, it was much more than him being a gentleman, it was the utmost interest he gives her, like she could babble about anything for hours and he’ll listen like she’s telling him the most fascinating story he has ever heard. She didn’t want to ruin that by confessing her love to him, because he might not actually love her back and he’ll inch away from her so he doesn’t break her heart and she’ll just loose the person who makes her feel like the best human on earth.

Donghae on the other hand was in his office thinking as well about how he should sort out the situation before being interrupted by a knock on his door.

“Sir, the client from Lando group just called, they won’t be able to be present in tomorrow’s meeting, I rescheduled for Friday afternoon” his secretary said from the step of the door.

“I told you I’m traveling with my wife this week-end so I won’t be free on Friday either” he shouted. Yoona was getting more annoying by the day, whenever she knew he had plans with his wife she’d land some meeting in that time slot, sometimes she’d be able to remove it but when the clients were too important he was forced to cancel his personal plans. A little voice in his head would tell him maybe she really does hate Sooyeon and is doing all of this to piss her off while another whispers that she can’t be this unprofessional, it’s just mere coincidences.

She was looking at him with her big puppy eyes like she was about to cry.

“Just cancel it or something, I’m not canceling my own plans” he said again in a gentler voice.

She nodded and left his office leaving to both his work and his thoughts about his weird love life.

The week fly by quickly and the couple were already setting their beach towels on the sand of the beautiful Heopjae Beach, one of the best beaches at Jeju.

“Aren’t you going to swim?” she asked after they spent half an hour soaking in the sun doing nothing.

“Why? You want to see my hot torso?” he wiggled his eye-brows.

“I’ve seen it enough times already” she answered with a sly smile.

He started to touch his torso checking if he lost his touch and then started doing some  push-ups earning laughs from his wife. He did about five before stopping and asking her “Let’s play a game”

“What game?”

“For each push-up I do I get a kiss” Before even letting her answer, he positioned himself on-top of her, doing push-ups and kissing her each time. Once on her right cheek, once on her left cheek, then her forehead, then nose… he was about to kiss before she held his arms, stopping him.

“You’re not doing it properly, cheater!” he did it properly this time and then pecked her thousands of times on .

“People are watching” she complained while still kissing back.

They spent the rest of the day on the beach, swimming, reading books, eating delicious fish … They only got back to the hotel at around 5 to shower and rest a bit before their 6th month anniversary dinner.