Chapter 19

Arranged

Arranged

19th Chapter

                             Being determined to be happy is one thing, but being happy is a totally different story. 

The world they're living in is just so toxic. Sure, they had a loving family and a great set of friends, but the other people in their social circle weren't as nice. So many -who took business issues personally- took the opportunity to let out the venom.

The couple didn't feel that at first as they were confined in the safety of their home, but as they started attending business parties again, things started getting difficult again.

Some tried the fake sweet comments like "You're trying a partnership with Yodang group, but they only cooperate with a set family, what are you going to do?" accompanied by a pitiful look and maybe even a pat on the shoulder.

Some would just whisper -loud enough for everyone to hear- to their partner "Couldn't even produce a heir, what kind of woman is she?"

But as Sooyeon said each and every time Donghae asked if she was okay, "these rude comments are only helping me get my sass back, I missed being a " which would bring out laughs. Still, deep inside, such comments hurt both of them.

Was twisting the knife in the wound this satisfying for these people.

Amongst the 'haters' they were still other people who were helping them get back on their feet, a big chunk of them belong to their instagram subscribers. They have truly become an internet sensation.

They were many 'Stray strong' 'Hwaiting' kind of comments, inspirational quotes, and even some longer comments of people who went through the same thing and thought if would be helpful to share how they got through it.

What cemented their image as 'celebrities' instead of their usual business couple was that one video this woman posted.

Sooyeon was watching the maid cook with hawk eyes, she was trying to learn how to cook proper meals, and the first phase was observation. Even though she was the boss, in the kitchen , it was the old woman who ordered her around; so apart from watching, she would also do some really easy stuff, like washing the vegetables or looking for some specific pot. They were trying to make the dinner by the time Donghae would go home. 

The help was packing her stuff about to leave- they almost finished everything, only the plate presentation was left for Sooyeon to do and she was awesome at it- when the bell rang.

"I'll go open Mrs. Sooyeon" the woman returned a few minutes later.

"Madam, there's a woman who wants to see you, she says she has something important to say, but I don't know her"

Sooyeon got to the door, and she too didn't recognize the woman on the door.

"I'm sorry but do I know you?" Sooyeon asked politely.

"You don't, but your husband and I know each other, and you have to hear what I have to say" she started her sentence confidently, but as Sooyeon gave her an uninterested look she turned into begging mode.

"Why don't you tell me whatever you want inside, it's cold in here" Sooyeon rubbed her palms together getting ready for another 'your husband is my ex' kind of .

"Kang Ahjumma you can go, it's getting late"

Sooyeon sent off the maid, and welcomed the unknown lady in her white living room. 

After serving her tea, she asked her nicely to speak.

"Your husband and I had a ... thing , it wasn't really a relationship, we just slept together" Sooyeon rolled her eyes at such a story, it wasn't the first time she's hearing this story, Donghae was such a player in the past, she gets it, but he's not like that anymore and people should get that in their peanut sized brains.

"Look miss, I know how my husband used to be before we met, you're not the first one to tell me this, so what do you want?"

"It wasn't before you two met, it was just this year" The girl was probably expecting a horrified look or even some tears, but she only got a laugh from Sooyeon.

"Do you expect me to believe this?" her trust in Donghae was infinite, she didn't -not even for one second- think he would cheat on her, not after everything they went through.

"He got me pregnant!" the girl shouted, this time the response was claps.

"Wow, such a nice performance, you should try acting professionally"

"I have proof pictures" At this rate, Sooyeon was starting to get irritated and it showed on her face, she extended her hand demanding for the so called proof pictures, and only one look was enough to see how old they were.

"This is old, Donghae got a tattoo on his shoulder blade when he went to the military, there's nothing here, and this body doesn't even look like his" she threw the picture of the girl draped over a sleeping man away.

"What am I gonna do?" the girl started sobbing

Seeing her tears, Sooyeon softened, she saw in her the fear she saw in the single mothers that she met regularly at this charity. She didn't know what to do, scold the girl for trying to scam people or comfort her. Confront or comfort? Why not both.

"Are you having this baby on your own?" she turned to back to her sweet mode. A 'yes' was barely audible through the girls' sobs.

"I know being a single mother is hard in korea, but lying and deceiving to get through is not right. Be it moral or financial support, there are so many organizations that could help you. Your baby would be so deceived if he knows what you're doing, are these the kind of characteristics you want to pass to your baby? Taking advantage of people's weakness so he could get a father. Your plan wasn't even well thought, even if I doubted my husband, we would've gotten a dna test befpre anything else. You would've only created a big scandal. And you know who'd be the one stuck in it? You and your baby. Do you want him or her to be born in a society where his mother is a liar?  " Sooyeon was getting emotional by every word, tears were even stinging her eyes.

The woman was crying too.

She stood up and bowed so many times, she was getting ready to kneel when Sooyeon stopped her and gave her an unexpected hug. 

"It's okay, a baby is a blessing not a mistake that you want to throw away. Your world would be so much brighter when he's here"

Donghae was surely surprised to find his wife hugging a stranger in their living room.

"Uh, Hello?" 

By hearing his voice, the girl turned around and started bowing and apologizing too.

He only gave her a weird look, and turned to his wife for some explanation. Instead she kissed him on the cheek, and whispered "I'll tell you later" in his ear.

That seemed to be a good enough answer as he left them and went upstairs to change.

"Stay for dinner, we're having salmon, it's really good for you during your first trimester" Sooyeon invited the unknown lady as if she were some college friend.

But the woman of course declined the invitation, and after apologizing a thousand times more, she left the house.

Turns out she apologized once more in blog post with a twenty minutes video footage of all the events, from when Sooyeon got to the door, until she left the house. Apparently, the sneaky fox had a camera installed in her broach, expecting to get some dirt but only getting kindness instead.

People were amazed by how kind Sooyeon is, but also how cold she can be, and most of all how much she trusts her husband, she didn't even waver. Some even detected her somewhat longing for a child and bashed the woman for being heartless of even thinking of doing something liked that to a person who was recently scared.

Others were only there for eye candy, and they ogled at Sooyeon's chic fashion even when she's lounging at home and how classy their house is.

Without even trying, the couple found the key to be loved by everyone, which obviously reflected on their sales which made everyone happy.

With such an even happening, they started laughing when an orphanage called saying they have Donghae's son but if only they knew.

 

I wasn't planning on updating this week, but since I reached 200 subscribers, here's a little one.

The updates are going to be a bit slower now, since my exams are approaching, but there isn't much left to this story anyway.

I would also like to thank chrldonr for this amazing post she made, thank you so much ♥