Chapter 14

Arranged

Arranged

14th Chapter

                             

"Spending our first anniversary apart #sad #why #Ihatethis -Sooyeon "

The instagram account was one of the best decisions they made in the last months, it was a huge pickup for business, it lessened the malicious rumors about their marriage and they enjoyed doing it. 

They usually posted a picture each day or two, pictures of them at events, at work or the rare moments where they get to relax at home.

That week, Donghae had to fly to Japan for an important series of meetings with their most important client in the country, he was supposed to comeback the day before their anniversary but he just called to tell her he wouldn't be able to make it as he had to stay for three other days. And what better way to let out her frustration then sharing it with the whole world?

Sooyeon didn't want to spend another night all alone at home, so she packed a night bag and went to her parents' house.

As soon as she got inside, she screamed "Your favorite daughter is here" to annoy her sister who happened to open the door.

"Why are you even here?" Soojung asked in mean way, yet hugging her sister whom she haven't seen in a while.

"Hae is in Japan, I felt so lonely with our anniversary nearing and him being in a different country." Her sister chuckled and hit her on the head.

"Hey, you're supposed to respect your unnie not hit her...I also missed your spunky , I always see dad, mom, chani and yunho oppa at work, but you've been so busy with college that I haven't seen you in a month" she said and gave her younger sister a bone crushing hug.

Sooyeon spent a goodnight with her family, she felt like she was a kid again: watching comedy movies with her brother and sister, her mom tucking her to sleep and her dad kissing her forehead ... However, she still missed her husband and had to imagine that the pillow she was hugging was Lee Donghae instead.

She couldn't even think of how she'll be on their anniversary.

While having breakfast, Chanyeol proposed a nice idea.

"Noona, why don't you take a day off on Friday and go to Japan so you can spend your anniversary together?"

"I've already thought about it, but I have this really important meeting, I can't bail on it."

"Is it about the mokpo branch?"

"Yes, the general manager there is giving me a headeach and I need to get there and handle him once and for all"

"Let me do it, I've worked him for a while when I was an intern and I know all about the sponsoring issue he's causing."

"But..."

"No but, just go and have fun I know you want it and your brother can handle it" her father finally interrupting her conversation with Chanyeol.

This new perspective about her anniversary made Sooyeon much more happier, she instantly booked a plane ticket. She worked so hard to get all the tasks she had reserved for Friday finished instead of postponed, well except that sticky meeting her brother so generously offered to take care off.

She took a 10 a.m flight to Japan, she figured arriving a bit earlier would be better so she could prepare a little something for him but she was so tired she slept as soon as she got into the hotel room. Thankfully, Donghae was staying in a Jung Hotel so getting the key card to his room and buying silence of her presence was easy.

She woke up around 4 p.m, it was already too late to plan anything nice - which she reprimanded herself for while showering- so she figured a reservation for dinner would be okay. As she finished reserving at the restaurant Donghae mentioned was his favorite in Tokyo, Sooyeon thought Lingerie would also be a good idea. She searched through her suitcase, but she didn't bring anything worthy of their first anniversary.

Having a good reason to go shopping, Sooyeon looked up where were located her favorite lingerie shops on her phone -thank you sir google- and thankfully Fleur d'Angleterre which is her favorite brand -or more likely Donghae's favorite- was only a 20 minutes ride away. If she didn't wander too much, she'd be back and have enough time to get ready before he husband was back.

She only needed 15 minutes to find the perfect set, she chose black lace one that showcased her body perfectly.

Sooyeon got back quickly to the hotel and tried her best to finished making herself presentable before he was back. She took a quick shower, dried her hair and let it a bit wavy, she didn't stress on her eye make-up as she had bright red lipstick on, and finally she tried on her lingerie. 

She put on her high heels and admired herself in the full length mirror when a voice scared a out of her. "Hey y"

She turned around to find her husband leaning against the door, she forgot all about getting ready and run to hug him.

"I missed you so much, what are you doing here?"

"Celebrating our wedding anniversary of course"

"And we're gonna have one hell of a celebration" he replied while looking at her body.

"Don't get aroused to much honey because you're not getting any until after dinner" she quickly pecked his lips and went to put on her dress. Sooyeon grabbed her bag and showed him the door.

"I doubt I'll be able to hold myself until after dinner with you looking so hot"

And he really couldn't hold himself, especially with Sooyeon rubbing his junior with her toes under the table. With the reservation being of short notice, Sooyeon couldn't get a private room, and so his face turning red and other things getting up were visible to the whole restaurant, and so they went back to their hotel room so he could show her how much he missed her.

Their first anniversary wasn't grandiose, but what matters the most is that they enjoyed it, and so Donghae shared the news of their reunion.

That was the best surprise ever! Happy anniversary darling -Donghae

They spent the morning lazing around in bed, and enjoying each other's presence as Donghae had to leave for a meeting in the afternoon.

The rest of the weekend was spent on enjoying the beautiful scenery of Tokyo in spring.

And the couple always had things to celebrate, this time it was both of their sisters graduation. Sulli and Soojung both were the same age and went to the same university so instead of two separate parties, one big party at the Lees was enough , and the girls were good friends anyway so it wasn't a bother to them.


Donghae made a collage of his favorite laid back picture with his baby sister, a picture of the jung sisters from the wedding picture, and picture of the two graduates from the day of the event and posted it after going back home with the caption "We don't remember giving you the permission to grow up enough to graduate college. Congrats to the two princesses of the family"

He didn't even precise from which family each one was, or that Sulli was his actual sister and not Soojung, because trough a marriage that was supposed to be only for business, the two families got sincerely close that the Lee and Jung elders have a traditional sunday brunch nowadays even when the couple that brought them together wasn't in attendance.

They were a real family, and by the looks of it Chanyeol and Sulli might strengthen the bond. Donghae didn't miss the smiles they were sending each other each time they were out of the room, and altough Sooyeon promised to keep it a secret, she couldn't hide from her husband the fact that she caught the two kissing today.

Donghae couldn't hide his surprise when they were on their way back home.

But the surprises didn't stop there, the next day, a shocked Sooyeon appeared in his office at 11 am which is a weird time for her to visit him -usually they'd meet for lunch-.

"Want to hear another surprise?" she said as soon as she closed the door.

"I'm pregnant."