Chapter 7

Arranged

Arranged

7th Chapter

                             With the return of the two young heirs to work, the companies proceeded in the project they had together, so Sooyeon had to spend even more time with Donghae that day. She really didn’t want to meet him, that’s why she left home at seven am when she’s not starting work until nine. She perfectly knew he’ll demand an explanation on her recent attitude.

                Unfortunately for her employees, Sooyeon let all her anger on them. According to her furious mind, they didn’t work well during her vacation, the contracts are not well written and it didn’t smell well in her office –probably because she prohibited anyone from getting in so it was closed for a whole week- .

                Time flew by and it was already two pm: the time of the reunion. For a moment Sooyeon hid under her desk not wishing to meet him, but she finally started thinking logically about the situation and realized not only does she need to meet him but also act like a newly-wed couple. While going to the reunion room, she spotted her husband, immediately her heart started cringing and sadness overcame her, but she got angry once again as soon as she saw the person next to him.

“How was your morning sweetheart?” she asked Donghae while pecking his cheek, then turned to Im Yoona who was standing next to him.

“What are you doing here?” this time, her sweet tone changed into a harsh one.

“I’m mister Lee’s secretary” Sooyeon’s enemy answered with the purest tone in the universe, if she hadn’t known her, Sooyeon would really think she’s a nice person.

“You really have no shame” an exasperate Sooyeon said, then grabbed Donghae’s arm leading him to the conference room. The poor man felt so uncomfortable, he never saw his wife acting this way, he’s used to her being nice to everyone, be it rich people or poor one, old and young, black or white. But the not so happy look in her eyes indicated that talking about it at the present time would be a horrible idea.

            The meeting started, and everyone turned their attention to work, the assistant's were giving coffee to their bosses, giving the required files... Yoona who was suddenly working in a different firm was walking away from the ice coffee distributor in the hall towards Donghae when the cup's content was poured on Sooyeon's white shirt. 

"Omona, i'm really sorry Sooyeon-shi" Yoona tried to look apologetic, but the other woman knew her well enough to know she did it on purpose, but being actually professional, she just said she's okay and closed her blazer so her bra won't be shown to the whole room.

Few hours later, the meeting ended, and Sooyeon went to her office to change her top since her secretary fetched a new one for her. She was only wearing a bra and cleaning her chest when Donghae got in the room requiring the need to talk

 "I know you’re not in a good mood, but venting your anger on strangers, on my secretary isn’t right, why did you do that?" that’s when he realized that she was half-.

Sooyeon didn’t even pay attention to her clothes, she was way too angry.

“YAAAH! Not everything revolves around you, we’ve been enemies for 24 years and I won’t be nice to her just because she’s your secretary, got it?”

Sooyeon kept nagging about how could he employ such a dumb girl and she’s probably just staying there to ruin the company when she realized that he was not even listening to her, a little glance at what she was holding in her hands and she understood why.

Ashamed, she turned towards the wall, as red as a tomato cursing herself for being so thoughtless sometimes, she was going to put on her top when she felt hands on her shoulder and someone turning her around.

His lips crashed on hers, it wasn’t the usual tender sweet kisses they shared before, this one was passionate and rough. After nibbling on her lower lip for a while he finally tried to insert his tongue in , but he was quiet surprised that she rejected him. He tried to kiss her again but she pushed him away from her.

“I thought we agreed on being only friends” she said

“Rules are made to be broken”

She sighed heavily at what he said, put on her top and told him “ Don’t you have work to do?” she was clearly kicking him out of her office.

After he left, Sooyeon took the nearest book and kept smashing her head on it, that was her punishment for almost falling for him. She believed he will only hurt her and her heart couldn’t bare it, she cried so much just because he was cold to her for a few days, so she better push him away before she falls for him even more.

Donghae on the other hand was cursing himself, the only time he had the guts to kiss her like he dreamt of for the past days, he got rejected , she didn’t even answer him, he clearly proposed to be more than friends, but she’s probably not interested in that, she probably hates him, those thoughts were filling his brain.

“Donghae-shi, the meeting with the Park representative is in 20 minutes, you’re going to be late” Yoona reminded him. He remembered Sooyeon’s words, why does she hate her so much, the coffee was just an accident, and Yoona is so sweet, or so he thought…

 

            “So, how did he take it?” Sooyeon was talking to Taeyeon on the phone

“He’s really happy, but he’s not letting me move, he didn’t even go to work today” Taeyeon whined about her husband’s protective nature.

“He’s only doing this because he cares about you two, you should be happy” Sooyeon was really happy for her friend, she wondered if she’ll ever have kids too, she interacts quite well with them.But with the current situation, she thought that will probably never happen.

“Save me from him, let’s go out please, I’m begging you!!” her friend pleaded

“Get dressed; I’ll pick you up to go baby shopping mommy”

Sooyeon got dressed herself and went to pick up her friend , Leeteuk didn’t let her go out until she wore flat shoes.

Even though they didn’t know the baby’s , they still bought some clothes and toys, they couldn’t resist, everything was just so cute.

“Soo, look at this cute dress” she was spazzing when a women standing next to her told her that it’s really cute too.

Both friends turned to the woman and smiled shyly to her, she was probably on her 7th month of pregnancy. They turned back to the baby clothes while the woman was joined by another man, and Sooyeon recognized his voice, she’d recognize it anywhere, she didn’t even pay attention that she turned and looked at him with wide open.

“Heechul Oppa, you’re back.” Taeyeon was quite shocked too, hearing her call him, he turned to her, when he saw them he was quite surprised too.

The woman turned and smiled to them, “Baby, do you know them?”

Sooyeon froze, while Heechul nodded and introduced them as his friends then introduced the girl as his soon to be wife.

Sooyeon and Taeyeon just nodded and got out of the shop, they were way too shocked to talk.

When they got to the car, Sooyeon finally talked “He cheated on me” .