Chapter 12

Arranged

Arranged

12th Chapter

                             “What the hell is this mess you and your wife created?” Donghae heard as first as he answered the ringing phone that disturbed him while he was supervising the business proposals on his desk.

“What are you talking about father?”

“Don’t you read news you idiot?” the elder Lee’s anger surprised Donghae, what did he do for his father to be this angry.

“Let me check the headlines to see whatever I did to enrage you and I’ll call you back”

Donghae got immediately on his tablet and searched his name on naver, he’d usually get the latest s articles written about him.

He facepalmed as soon as he saw the article that his father was talking about, while reading the article, he heard his phone ring multiple times, but he was shocked he couldn’t even answer.

The article was so full of pictures of the night before, him eating dinner with Yoona, dropping her home…  as a proof of his so called relationship with his secretary. According to the article, he fell in love with her deeply and tried his best to contain his feelings, but since his relationship with his wife wasn’t good either and only an image to sell better, he went with his heart and started cheating.

The first thing Donghae thought of is how Sooyeon is going to feel when she sees such an article, she already hates Yoona to the core and they already fought recently, this doesn’t look too good. He was reaching for his phone to call and explain when a headline caught his eyes “Is Jung Sooyeon cheating on her husband?”

He hurriedly opened the link, the pictures were even more recent than his, they were taken just this morning.

His wife with a stranger in a hotel reception, then that stranger taking her to her car and hugging her goodbye, was gloriously displayed on the screen.

This smelled fishy, how come articles about both him and his wife surfaced on the same day. Someone was surely after them. Donghae couldn’t ponder more about who might be behind this since his phone was seriously annoying him, this time it was his brother in law Yunho.

“Sooyeon just got home, get there so we think about how we’re going to solve this mess”

And so Donghae complied driving as fast as he could to get home.  Most of their families were already there, but so were the paparazzi, he couldn’t even risk opening the garage afraid that one of them will get in and enter his house. So he just parked his car and had a hell of a time to get to the front door. He really hated the attention he’s getting as if he’s some actor when he’s a business man.

Sooyeon just served him a cold look and so did he, although he knows she wouldn’t cheat, he didn’t really appreciate the skinship with a male who doesn’t belong into the category family or at least best friend.

“I’m so disappointed in you, kids. I know that you didn’t really choose this marriage, but to cheat on each other like this is unacceptable” Started Mr. Jung

“And you said you loved each other, was it all an act?” followed Mrs.Lee

“We do love each other!” defended Sooyeon.

“This is all a huge misunderstanding” added Donghae.

“It’s not a misunderstanding; it’s all a plot by that evil witch”

“What are you talking about noona ?” asked Chanyeol

“You think it just happened miraculously that both Donghae and I were caught cheating on the same day?” she motioned brackets with her hands while saying cheating.

“That evil thing employed someone to take pictures of her spending time outside of work with Donghae, which he’s not supposed to do actually. You said you won’t even talk to her outside of the office” she reproached while giving her theory.

“Just like you’re not supposed to hug strangers” he reproached as well.

“He’s not a stranger; he’s a very good college friend who happens to be infatuated –god knows why- with that thing, so she probably used him for this plot.”

“That seems so Im Yoona” Soojung remarked since she’s accustomed with Im’s plots as well.

“I have an idea to solve this mess” said Yunho gaining the whole room’s attention.

“Obviously, we’re going to release a clarification article: Donghae was only treating his secretary to dinner, nothing more. Sooyeon was staying at the hotel for work and met a college friend while leaving in the morning. But that is not going to be enough, so we’re going to use the attention your couple is getting to better our sales that you contributed into slumping down with your scandals”

“Oppa, I’m not selling my marriage!” revolted Sooyeon

“You get to ruin Yoona’s image in the process”

“Okay, I’m listening”

“So, you are going to open up an instagram account. Post about your daily couple life, lazy Sundays, going to work, dinner, whatever you want as long as you publicize yourself, and try to use to publicize our products as well. Just try to not make it look friendly and not only for publicity purposes”

“Where does my revenge come?”

“Sweetie, do you really have to do that” interrupted Donghae

“I’m still mad at you so you don’t have the right to call me sweetie or anything endearing and Yes I have to do this, that bi..witch has been poisoning my life since I remember and I never did anything about it because I’m too classy for that, but she went too far this time and if I can destroy her without going down with her I will” Sooyeon tried her best to control her language since the parents were there. Donghae on the other hand just sighed and rolled his eyes, he didn’t like it when she turned mean.

“I’m only doing this because I love you and I cherish our marriage so much, I just can’t stand seeing her lay her hand on the most precious thing I have” while saying that tears started spilling from her eyes, Donghae’s automatic reaction was to hug her and kiss her tears away.

“Please don’t cry, I’ll do whatever will make you happy, that’s what I promised you when I confessed” he soothed her.

“Guys, can you keep the lovey dovey moments and cheesy talk when you’re all alone. We have two companies to save today”

“I’m still mad at you for meeting with her when you weren’t supposed to” she pushed him away using that argument once more.

“Back to your long awaited revenge, your first post should be a picture of you two being all happy and mushy while the message is a passive aggressive note to the lowly secretary who tried to ruin your relationship but failed so greatly to do so, you can even hint at her employing the photographer and the journalist if your theory is indeed true.”

 

“I like the idea” Sooyeon smirked while imagining herself executing this plan.

“Does everyone agree on this?” Yunho asked to be answered with affirmative responses.

After they agreed on what to say and what not to say, and that the couple shouldn’t go to work or public places until at least the clarification article is out, the Lee and Jung family left their house and Sooyeon and Donghae were left with the noise the paparazzi were making outside.

“We need to talk”