Chapter 8

Arranged

Arranged

8th Chapter

                              Sooyeon was unable to think properly for a while, she just accepted her best friend’s hug while chocking on her tears. Never had she expected such a turn of events, she gave up so much for him, loved him so much and he pays her back by not only cheating on her but also pretending nothing ever happened between them. No one has ever betrayed her in such a cruel way.

“C’mon sweetie, let’s get you some ice cream and forget that idiot, you deserve better. You HAVE better than him” Taeyeon on the other hand was angry, she wanted to go back and slap that backstabber in the nuts, but she didn’t want to leave her friend alone.

“No, I just want to go home and sleep” Taeyeon sighed loudly seeing Sooyeon’s expression changing to a poker face meaning she’s shutting her off and discussing the subject isn’t a good idea.

       After driving the pregnant lady back to her house, Sooyeon went to her own and found comfort into some chocolate ice cream while ripping all of her pictures with her ex. She has tried her best to pull a stop to her life for him but since he so easily moved on she should do the same.

      Around 9pm, Donghae got home after his “siblings time” with his younger sister only to hear cries coming from Sooyeon’s room. He got really worried once again, and knocked on her door a few times, she didn’t answer but he still opened the door to check on her.

“Are you okay?” he hesitantly asked

She shook her head in such a sad pathetic way that he couldn’t do anything other than hug her.

“Is it nosy if I you what’s wrong?” he asked while her hair

“You remember that guy mrs gossipy asked about, Heechul?”

“Hmm”

“Well, I just found out he cheated on me when we promised we’d wait for each other when he’ll come back. I got so heartbroken when we broke up months ago, but I still held on to the hope that we’ll be back together one day. I shut off any possibility of you and I being together, just for him while he has a 7months pregnant wife at his side”

         Donghae listened to her venting out her anger while whipping her tears.

“I’m sorry, if it’s uncomfortable for you to hear about this. You are my husband after all” she said after a while.

“It’s okay, we’re friends before being married” he winked at her making her finally smile before being serious again.

“I’m also sorry about the way I reacted on our honeymoon. I’m not going to lie, I enjoyed it, I was just feeling guilty about this idiot so I took it out on you”

“Are you trying to charm me Mrs. Lee Sooyeon?” Donghae joked only to be met by a serious glance from his wife

“Yes I am Mr Lee Donghae” she replied before pulling him from his tie and kissing him. However he didn’t kiss her back, and pushed her instead leaving her surprised and confused.

“I thought you wanted this as well”

“I do, but right now you’re just acting this way because you’re sad, it would be like taking advantage of you. Our first time we were drunk on alcohol, I don’t want our second time to be because you were drunk on a heartbreak”

“It’s not because I’m sad. I’ve been pushing you away all this time just because I was holding on to him; it was really hard for me to resist you! But now that I’m ready to move on, I want to do it with you.”

“Are you really sure about this? You’re not going to change your mind tomorrow?” he asked to make sure a final time

“I already apologized for that, now just kiss me I missed those lips” she said in such a bold way that she surprised her own self.

        And so he kissed her sweetly, all over her face making her laugh out loud. Then he locked their lips in an intimate exchange. Unlike their first time that was quite rough and heated, this time, it was all about sensuality and sweetness.

        That’s how Donghae and Sooyeon started seeing an actual future for their relationship.

        They went out for dinner at least one a week, and they acted like a couple because they liked it not because people were watching. They started missing each other so much that they even spent some of their lunch breaks together. They really started to feel like a married couples, checking with each other before making other plans, going home to someone to have dinner with, having a person to kiss your sadness away, cuddling before sleeping, and actually sleeping in the same room.

      They slowly, but surely started to break many barriers that were keeping them apart. Just after that magnificent night they spent in her sheets, he asked her to use one bedroom “You’re so huggable, I doubt I can sleep ever again if I’m not hugging you and it would be quite pathetic for a 28 year old to hug a teddy bear to sleep” he said.

      Two months later, they were watching some horrible makjang drama where the female lead had a horrible nickname for her boyfriend so Sooyeon joked “Should I give you some horrible nickname too? Fishy?” 

“Hey if you dare do that I’ll start calling you Pikachu in front of your business partners, and see how seriously they’ll take you” he threatened, recalling that time she tried to act cute and imitated brilliantly Pikachu.

“Okay okay, let’s go with something more basic. Jagia or Yobeo, Hubby?”

“I like Hubby. And I’ll call you wifey” he said before kissing her to seal their new nicknames.

     Step by step, they started acquiring all the things normal couples had.

The one thing missing was a love confession, but Is there love to begin with ?