Chapter 3

Arranged

Arranged

3rd Chapter

                              The wedding was planned for April, so the couple had only 4 months to buy a house, furnish it and settle everything for the wedding ceremony. Chanyeol suffered just as much as them since he had to do all the work his sister didn’t have the time to do. He might seem unreliable because of his goofy smile but he works just as well as Sooyeon.

                On the 3rd of January, they met up in a coffee shop to discuss their plan for the preparations. Donghae greeted a surprised Sooyeon with a light kiss on her check seizing the chance to whisper in her ear “People are watching so we have to act a little bit”. Sitting in front of her, he rubbed his hands with her cold ones while waiting for their drinks, but what really warmed up was nothing other than Sooyeon’s cheeks, she hoped that he won’t see that, it will just make things even more awkward.

“Kyuhyun’s company just built up some nice houses in Daechi-dong, maybe we can go take a look.” He proposed. Daechi is one of the wealthiest divisions of the already expensive Gangnam district, so it would suit their taste and have much more accomodations than other parts of the city.

“How many rooms do you want?” he asked after receiving a nod from her.

“Four or five should be enough, not too big but not small neither. What about you?”

“I was thinking about the same thing. Then let’s go.”  

They left the coffee and continued the discussion on their way to the residential area. Sooyeon proposed the spring wedding idea and Donghae agreed. They were discussing the colors they wanted when they finally arrived.

                They went through five houses before finding the perfect one, with a nice amount of light exposure. The house had a nice garden with a pool; the underground of the house would serve as a garage. The first floor had the exact American style kitchen they wanted, a big living room with glass doors leading to the garden, a room and a bathroom for the guests, a dining room. The second floor had three other rooms each one with a bathroom and another living room.

                The four months of preparations quickly passed by, the wedding was in ten days only and the stress was eating Sooyeon up and to make it all better, her two cars suddenly stopped working at the same time, so she had to rely on others each time she had to go out. On that day, Donghae was picking her up from her last dress fitting, their house was finalized and they were going together to see the results.

“So is the dress good?” he said as soon as she got in the car with a huge smile coating his face.

“You’ll see it in ten days” she said while blushing. That day she was dressed in a short flowered dress with a camel cardigan shielding her from the light spring wind. Her cheeks were as pink as the flowers on her dress, he had such an effect on her and he doesn’t even realize it. During those four months, Sooyeon questioned her feelings so many times, why would she blush each time he smiles? Why does she feel warm each time he embraces her when other people are present? Why does she feel secure each time they go out to settle things for their future together? Why does she sometimes want to kiss him? Why does she think about him at night and wish he’ll embrace her?

Those kind of thoughts filled her mind, and each time she’ll brush them off, she did not fall for him so fast, her heart is still hurt from the last break up and she’s simply getting attracted to the first male that spends so much time with her, she can’t be in love with him, he’s just the rebound. She filled her mind with this kind of thoughts instead to avoid another heartbreak.

                The house looked even better this time as the walls were painted or wallpaper was put on them and brand new furniture fillerd the rooms. Of course, their mothers had to get involved which explains the nursery room upstairs. It hurt Sooyeon so badly to look at it, she always wished she’ll be a mother by the time she is 28 years old, but in two years she’ll probably be divorced. As she was looking at the white and black drawers of the kitchen, Sooyeon confessed “I can’t cook”.

“I know, my mom looked up a maid for us, but she’ll only come in the mornings and prepare the meals when we’re not here, so she won’t ruin our ‘intimacy’” he quoted his mother’s words.

They skipped the kitchen and looked at the 1st floor’s living room. The creamy and white colors suited Sooyeon’s chic style the best, but according to her mother in law, it wasn’t suitable for their ‘future’ babies, they’ll dirty it up. The young Jung wanted to stab someone –or even herself- each time they had that ‘baby’ talk. Even Donghae felt uncomfortable, she could feel his hand –positioned on her waist- twitch. The room had one big creamy couch with black little pillows on it, by it sides laid two smaller white fauteuils with one little black pillow on each one. What Sooyeon liked the most about the living room were the sculptures on the table right beside the home cinema being an avid fan of sculpture and paintings.

After the inspection of the first floor, they went on to look at their own rooms, they made everyone believe that they were going to sleep in the same room since they also lied saying they love each other, but in reality the master bedroom belonged to Donghae while the guest room belonged to Sooyeon.

Doonghae’s room did look like a master bedroom with a King sized bed and the royal blue sheets. Sooyeon’s room however was white and pink; it was just as classy as the living room reminding everyone of the lady’s exquisite style. None of them wanted to look at the nursery, so they instead went to the 2nd floor’s living room or as they call it, the family room. They were both surprised as they saw a huge picture of their wedding pictorial hung on the wall, Sooyeon sighed heavily, although her mother said she’ll mind her own business after the engagement, she still gave such little presents each time.  They couldn’t even look at each other after that as they were really embarrassed.

                After seeing the whole house and agreeing that it is nice, they finally departed from there. First they stopped for ice cream as Sooyeon craved for it, so they settled for the ‘loving hut’ being the closest ice cream shop. The awkwardness rose up as the shop was filled with cuddling couples, so they just took their ice cream and enjoyed it in the park.

While Sooyeon was degusting her cone, Donghae’s eyes were stuck on her lips, he wanted to kiss her so badly and taste her ice cream flavored lips. He has being having such needs a lot; he would lust over her cheeks and lips each time he would meet her. Sometimes, he would seize the occasion of ‘keeping up their image as a couple’ to kiss her cheeks, but that wasn’t enough anymore, now, he wants her luscious lips.

He tried his best to control himself until time arrived to drop her home. Opening the car door for her, he proposed to walk her to the door. He is always mannered, opening doors for her, walking her home, sharing his coat when it’s too cold or warming up her hands using his, that’s why most people believed they really are in love, and his smiles whenever she was acting cutely to get what she wanted let out their supposed feelings even more. Still thinking about those pink lips, he almost tripped, each time he reminded himself not to think about it, his wishes would reverse and he’d want her even more. All the restrain for the past month failed as he smashed his lips on hers while his hands unconsciously hugged her tiny waist. Donghae’s mind went totally blank, he couldn’t think of anything else than her body. He was afraid that if he prolongs the kiss, he would want more so he broke a kiss that she didn’t respond to anyway. She was too busy being surprised, Sooyeon of course had no idea that her fiancé was lusting over her lips for so long. She simply pushed him off of her and got in her house closing the door right on his shocked face.

He knocked on his own head trying to get his brain back to work “What were you think stupid Donghae, control your desires you idiot”. Driving back to his house, he tried to forget what just happened but his mind would think only about his feelings, is he in love with her or is he simply lusting over her.

After he went home, his sister Jinri remarked his blank looks and worried face, he surely didn’t want to let anything out, so she dragged him to the cinema to watch some new comedy movie. That would take his mind of his problems, little did he know that Sooyeon was dragged by her own siblings to the same cinema at the same time to watch the same movie for the same reason.


 

My results are going be out tomorrow, wish me luck. Anyway, here is the continuation of the story.

I may not update until thursday or friday because of the results, it may seem easy, but rewriting a story takes so much time and energy.