Chapter 6

Arranged

Arranged

6th Chapter

                             Sooyeon dressed put on her flowered dress and cardigan quickly, trying to get out of the place as soon as possible, she didn’t want to stay in that room anymore, as it reminds her of what happened the night before. Just looking at the unmade bed made her feel the previous kisses he left on her skin, the caresses and his manly scent.

Sitting on a table at the hotel’s restaurant, she asked for breakfast and an aspirin pill as she felt like her head would explode in any minute, was it because of the drinking? Or maybe the over thinking?

She didn’t know how to respond to the situation, on one hand, they are married and it’s totally right for  a couple to ‘make love’, but the marriage was arranged, they are not supposed to have any feelings for each other, therefore, ‘making love’ is not suitable. She also felt like cheating on her ex-boyfriend, the past sentence may seem illogical, but for Sooyeon it does make sense.

The thing is, she used to date this man named Heechul, he too is from a chaebol family, she loved him so much she couldn’t even imagine a day without him, but their story had to come to an end for two reasons. The first is that Heechul had to handle his family’s business in Australia, which is obviously very far from Korea, the second is that they both knew the Jung’s marriage system, that’s how they decided to part ways for a while. The break up was very hard for the young lady, she didn’t go out of her room for four days and didn’t even bid him farewell at the airport. However, before parting ways, they made a deal: When he comes back to Korea, she’ll marry him, even if she’s already married –which is the current case- she’ll divorce her husband and be with him: Kim Heechul.

That is why, her having feelings like that for Donghae is wrong according to her logic, she needs to stay faithful to the ‘love of her life’. Her head was seriously messed up, in a moment she wants her husband to be next to her –like those ten days- and during other times she’ll refute him.

                Sooyeon was so lost in her thoughts that she didn’t even realize her husband joined her to have breakfast. She was quite startled when her gaze fell on him. Instead of talking, she continued chewing slowly her petit pain au chocolat while sipping her thé à la camomille.

                Donghae too took his time while showering to think of the whole situation, and unlike her he opted for the option:  ‘We’re married so it’s totally normal’. He tried his best to think of a way to ask her to give them a chance, he was falling slowly for her, and maybe if they try, their marriage will work. However, when he saw her stiff expression, he preferred not talking for a while. He’d propose his idea in a better moment.

“Let’s just forget about it” she finally announced at the awkwardly quiet breakfast table.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“You know, last night, let’s pretend it never happened”

“Do you think you’re some kind of one night stand for me to forget about it? You’re my wife, what happened is totally natural. Let’s…” He was about to propose his idea when she cut him off.

“I’m sorry, but this is too much for me” she said before running away.

Just as much as she liked his manners and how he treated her differently from other girls, she tried her best to think of the other man, pushing her new feelings out as much as possible.

                They spent the rest of the day apart, at around nine, she came up to their room, Donghae wasn’t there at the moment so she packed her bags and got herself another room, bribing the employees so her parents won’t hear of it. When he came back and realized her things weren’t there anymore, Donghae knew he was rejected; she didn’t share the same feelings so he didn’t even try to contact her anymore.

                The newly married couple ‘enjoyed’ their honeymoon apart; they only met up again at the airport, and didn’t even talk to each other during the flight. During this extra time apart, Donghae finally realized that it was more than a crush, and Sooyeon used that time for more self reflection only to remark she thought more of her husband than her ex-boyfriend.

After those horrible days, they finally came back to Korea, as soon as they rested, they both went out again.

When Sooyeon arrived at the café, Seonyeong-often called Luna-, Soon-Kyu, Sungmin and Sunggyu were already there. As soon as she arrived, Sungmin asked “How did the honey moon go?” they were all wiggling their eye brows, but the look she shot them made them stop.

“Well, I guess it wasn’t good, instead, let’s talk about what Luna and I found this lovely couple doing yesterday” Sunggyu changed the topic quickly.

Soon-Kyu tried to make him stop, but he still told his friend the awkward position he put himself in when he found Sunny and Sungmin kissing passionately in the car with Sungmin shirtless. Sooyeon too tried to stop him from saying the details when Taeyeon finally arrived. She looked quite shocked, her friends were worried about her pale face.

“Taeyeonie, are you okay?” Soon-Kyu asked.

“I’m pregnant” she answered!

Everyone was surprised after Taeyeon's announcement , the least you can see is that it was completely unexpected.

"How did that happen?" Sungmin finally asked , realizing what he just said and the look his friends threw him, he stated "I don't really want to know"

Deep down, Sooyeon thanked god that she had her period a few days after her ‘love making’ session with Donghae, a child wasn't very suitable for the current situation.

 

“What am I supposed to do?” Taeyeon shrieked

“Raise your baby with love and homey family mood of course” Soonkyu advised starting from her own experience and wishes.

“You’re not getting an abortion are you?” The sensitive Luna who already had tears in her eyes asked, only to make Taeyeon immediately scream no.

"Of course she won't do that! Look Tae, there isn't much to question about. You're gonna be a mom, take care of your health and just go tell Leeteuk" Sunggyu advised

"Well that's the problem, I have no idea how he's gonna take it, it's not like we're deeply in love or anything, it was just an accident...accidents!" 

"Oh come on ! It's pretty obvious you like each other, maybe the baby is going to get you even closer" Sungmin pitched in his idea.

“Our baby Taeyeonnie is going to have a baby” Sooyeon finally cooed hugging her friend.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure you will be great parents” she also reassured her friend whose complexion was going back to normal.

Although she was quite scared, Taeyeon was very excited too, the idea of being a mother pleased her a lot.

All her friends were happy for her, this evening pulled Sooyeon from her own problems, but she had to face them later since she was having dinner with her and Donghae's parents. 

She went back home to change into something suitable for the restaurant they were going to. Donghae was already home, dressed and watching TV while waiting for her to put on her clothes. As they arrived to the restaurant, he suddenly caught her hands, she was kind of surprised, but her frown changed into a fake smile when she saw her in laws. Her heart was shattered when she realized that that was the reason he held her hand, she brushed off those thoughts and bowed to the elders. Sooyeon’s head was clearly messed up, she had a hard time apprehending what she wants and doesn’t want, because although she was the one rejecting him, she still felt bad when he treated her the way they planned in the first place: A couple only for the public.

The dinner was pretty quite, thinking that those fake smiles and "jagia"s were real, the parents didn't really bother about the newly wedded couple, they just asked how the honey moon was, all of what they said were pure lies, since they barely spent time together. Donghae expressed his admiration about some beautiful paintings and the tasty French pastries, while Jessica spazzed about how romantic Paris was and how it made their relationship even better.

As soon as their parents left, they parted hands like they were holding fire, they were both really hurt about the other's way of handling their awkwardness, someone really needed to make a move. 

When they got in the car, they didn't talk neither, Sooyeon just turned her head and looked trough the window . Even tough they weren't talking, he still acted like a gentleman and opened her door for her, he sure was surprised to see tears floating from her eyes.

"Sooyeon are you okay, what's happening? " he was totally freaking out, seeing her cry hurt him somehow, he couldn't resist hugging her and caressing her hair. The poor girl cried so much that she hiccuped , she felt secure crying in his arms although he was the reason she was crying. 

"Sooyeoniiiie , please tell me what's wrong?" he pleaded 

"I just can't take all of this anymore! " she blurted out

"Let's talk about this inside okay, it's pretty cold in here"

Leading her by her hand, he managed to get them inside while she was still crying, it's not her usual self, she rarely cries actually, but all the stress she was bottling up lately was finally released . Making her drink a cup of water , Donghae asked her again what was making her cry . Sooyeon on the other hand didn't really know how to talk about what she was feeling, she should actually figure it out by herself. Basically, he heart was going trough agony because a guy she knew for some few months didn't talk to her for about five days.

"I'm fine, just a bad memory" she lied before running to her room , when talking about bad memories, she suddenly remembered her last break up making her fall even deeper in sadness, she didn't want to bother any of her friends with her problems so she just cried herself to sleep.

Donghae wasn't feeling well neither, he just was better at hiding his feelings and way too worried about his wife, and although he had a big day of work ahead, he only slept for two hours.