Confession:

No Need For Secrets With Me...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I didn’t bother going to the cafeteria to meet up with the others that day or even talking to anyone on the way home. Once I was at my place I ran upstairs and shut the door behind me, leaving my mother worried and asking questions.

It hurt me the way I was treating her because after all it wasn’t her fault but I didn’t know what these tangle of emotions meant and that was frustrating. Afraid the anger among the other emotions would win, I took out my guitar and started to strum it in a pointless attempt to form a tune.

Hearing me play, my mother left me alone as it was well known that I loved to get lost in the music I created. A good hour or two passed and I had calmed down a considerable amount. The fight for one emotion to win over the other wasn’t there anymore along with the absence of the painful twisted feeling I had in my stomach.

I put my guitar back into its case and silently thanked it for the temporary ignorance of pain and confusion it gave me. Don't act like you don’t know what's happening here, a voice inside my head warned. I started to pace the room thinking over the single thought that now dominated all the attention of my mind.

It's not true, I said aloud when I came to a halt in front of the mirror. Only I knew what I said was an absolute lie. I liked him. He took importance over most of the things in my life, he made me smile with that warm and welcoming smile of his own, he made my heart race and so many other things but above all, he made me feel the way no one else ever had.

Suddenly the boy reflected in the mirror didn’t seem to be me but as if someone else had taken his place and I was a mere spectator. The boy in the mirror seemed to be emotionless and indifferent whereas I felt overwhelmed with this new discovery.

'Jinki will never know, he doesn't have to know' I felt my reflection say to me. Closing my eyes I nodded absent mindedly and agreed. I wasn’t going to let things go from bad to worse and that only left me with the option of ignorance.

The next day, I was graced with the absence of Jinki. He was never absent so it seemed weird but I didn’t bother to ask Taemin when the break came around. Though surprisingly no one raised that question, however the only topic of the group was my reply to Seyang.

"Don’t waste your time with her" Key commented to which Minho countered "Don’t listen to Key, he is just pissed after their last meeting". "It was really funny when she called you an inconsiderate nut head for asking her size and weight while making the costume" Taemin said while failing to hold his laughter back. "It serves her right when the costume turned out one size bigger than the actual perfect fit. I mean, that’s what you get for refusing to tell me your size and I have to prepare for the worst " Key added back with his usual sly smile. “Which was to make her look twice as fat?” questioned Minho.

They were all recapping their old school days and I wasn’t interested to hear them today so I just cut to the chase, "I am going to accept" I said in a voice that lacked enthusiasm.  A moment of silence passed after that and then the discussions on the topic followed.

The day passed by in a blur and the moment to face Seyang came when the bell to the end of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter