Memories:

No Need For Secrets With Me...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I forgot something in class so you go ahead and get Taemin, he should have finished his practice by now." Jinki said with a gentle smile as he drew back from the hug, leaving my hands and heart feeling empty at the loss of his touch."Yeah, sure" I reply and with that he is off to the stair case. I quickly take out the paper in my pocket, crumple it and throw it in a nearby dustbin.

I waited with Key while Taemin got changed out of his practice clothes. "I'm happy for you" Key said with a sly smile playing at his lips. "For what?" I asked, confused by the sudden comment. "Don’t play stupid Jong, at least not with us coz honey, we know" he said, emphasizing on the 'we know' part with an eyebrow raise and folded arms. "You mean, a-about" I start to say but end up stuttering like a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"Of course or why else would hyung wake up so early and leave to then coincidentally come walking to school with you?" Taemin said while walking out of the room. Really this was bad, not only was I blushing but I was also avoiding their gazes. 'Where was Jinki anyway?' I thought as it wasn’t fair for me to take on both of them alone. "Actually it's about time" Key said, all smug with satisfaction for knowing.

"He didn’t bump into me on the way to school, he waited for me" I correct them, finding it useless to deny it since they already knew. Key and Taemin both looked at me in surprise at my bold comment. "There comes prince charming" Key mocked me as Jinki came walking towards us, Minho with him as both wore troubled and worried expressions.

"You can't leave" Minho said once we were standing at an audible distance. I was shocked as I just remembered no one actually knew about my leaving but Jinki must have told Minho. "You annoy the hell out of me sometimes hyung but you just can't leave, not again, not so soon". Minho's normally deep voice sounded almost powerless and Taemin and Key stared at me in horror as I explained to them what was happening.

"No!!" Taemin cried, "Why woul-why now?" he questioned no one in particular. "We won't let that happen, right hyung?" was Key's question as he looked at Jinki. He just shrugged, his sad eyes never leaving my face. "I will have a talk with..them but I doubt what I have to say will do any good" Jinki said, defeat in his voice as he thought of the situation. This was then followed by several protests and complains but all I could do was smile. My heart swelled at the thought of having such dear friends, ones who wanted nothing from me but just my company to share, the joy the laughter I was going to miss it all and so I didn’t want these moments to be filled with such distress.

"Anyone want to go out for ice-cream?" I heard myself ask. All of the sudden there was silence and all 4 of them turned to look at me. My smile broadened as my hand slipped through my hair while I attempted to explain myself.

"There is this new ice cream place not far from here. I hear the place is good and has discount offers too since its new and promotion and stuff.." I knew by then I was babbling but I wanted to lighten the mood. The ice cream parlor was actually my plan for my first date with Jinki but since time was running short and I still had a few memories to make it was the best choice. Well as usual Key didn’t think so. "Jong we hav-" he started off and I sighed and thought of giving up when Taemin suddenly grabbed my arm. "Where is it hyung? Take us there" he cooed with positive excitement, playing along with my act. Minho and Jinki soon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter