Reason to live:

No Need For Secrets With Me...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My body trembled with both anger and fear. I had waited so long to know what was going on and now I finally would but suddenly, I didn’t want to any longer. I had prayed and asked for this moment to come but I had longed to hear the ugly truth from someone more comforting and not from someone about to kill me.

I refuse to look at her, even the most piercing gaze doesn’t seem to bother her at all which only makes me realize how powerless I am at the moment. So I look around the room which is smaller in size compared to the other classrooms, also the room is poorly lit and has no windows which means a chance of being visible from outside is impossible.

"So where do I start" she asks as if genuinely expecting an answer from a person who has duck tape over his mouth. If I had a chance to reply though, it would have been with the string of swear words I had running in my mind right now.

My body is heating up with the anger that is pulsing through my veins and I'm just about willing to do anything if it means getting out of this seat and whacking that stupid smile off her face. And at that moment I start to feel my cell phone come alive in my pocket as it vibrates from an incoming call. Noticing this Mrs.Kim's smile is gone and replaced with an expression of pure annoyance. "You stupid brat" she curses as she takes long strides and is in front of me in seconds. She then reaches into my pocket and pulls out my cell phone to look at the caller id and once again that grin is back in its former place. "Well seems like mommy is a bit worried" she teases and then throws it hard at the door I flinch at the sound of my cell phone breaking and falling to the floor with a thump. I proceed to glare at her and tug as hard as I can on the rope holding me against the chair but then stop when I realize its cutting into my skin and she seems to be enjoying the sight of my pain.

"You can cry if you want because this is your end Kim Jonghyun. No one is going to find you because no one knows you're missing and before they figure it out your going to be dead" she says with only too much happiness as she folds her hands and continues "So let's get back to topic, I don’t appreciate the thought of having to waste my time on you" she hisses with venom in her voice. "Your mother, that’s a good place to start since she is the actual reason and I am glad to be the one to break it to you but you have been living a fraud. The people you live with are not your parents, they are just appointed agents who are assigned the job to keep you at close watch 24/7"

I wished then that she could see I was the one smiling, I had figured this out a long time ago and she was just underestimating me but I didn’t get that chance however and so she just went on. "Your real parents are in hell where they belong" she explained with much satisfaction.

It was strange but I felt pain at those words, real pain of loss but it made no sense because I couldn’t even remember them and I had no idea who they were or what they looked like. I felt tears spring to my eyes and I felt foolish to cry over something I didn’t know I had in the first place. "I thought you would have caught on by now but I guess you really are stupid. Nothing like the genius your father was or should I say my husband was" she let that sentence hang in the air as I gathered my thoughts. Her last name was Kim and she was married but had no ring. All these tiny facts made sense to me only now…only too late.

"I was married to your father. He was perfect, young, handsome, rich and smart and everything was great until you showed up at our door step" she points an accusing finger in my direction to emphasize as if there are other people in the room besides us. "Your mother was a who slept around with any guy she got and when she had you she chose not to tell the father of the child and he has to find out when she dies of cancer and the bastard child shows up at his door step with only a vase containing his dead mother's ashes no less" she says with a fake laugh to highlight her disbelief. "And I hated you from that moment but little did I know I would start hating your father too. That sick man chose you over me" she yelled in anger. "He wanted to raise you when he found out your mother was the only family you had. It was actually time she died since if not with cancer she would have caught another disease anyway from all that sleeping around"

Each word that came from made me flinch and I had a terrible urge to protect my mother from being bad mouthed. Even if I didn’t know her, even if what she did was wrong, she was still my family. I felt the angry tears of desperation and helplessness come to my eyes and I continued to pull on the rope to get myself free. "You were 5 years old and you wouldn’t speak to anyone so your father decided to spend every waking minute with you and it was like I didn’t exist. As if his work being a priority over me wasn’t enough" she then took a minutes pause to stare at me with her cold as ice gaze, still burning with hate. I knew now that when she looked at me, in her eyes she saw my father, the person she hated the most.

She was sitting on the tab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter