Far Away:

No Need For Secrets With Me...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The roar of the car engine cut off along with the lights, what followed was only a deafening silence that consumed the air. My eyes immediately darted towards Jinki who was still asleep in his peaceful slumber.

This is too soon, I thought to myself but didn’t further linger where I was. Carefully, I drew myself away from the one person I never wanted to be apart from. A million times I had to assure myself that this was for the better because I knew I had no choice but to go alone. Jinki would follow me, had he known I was about to surrender myself to my cruel fate. He would fight for me and what frightened me was, he might even give his life for me.

This I wouldn’t allow. What little time I was graced with, I was thankful for.

I was going to walk out onto the street for whoever was expecting me and I knew I couldn’t keep them waiting. Slowly I walked to my bag which I had long since left forgotten on the floor. In it was the piece of paper on which the words ‘I love you Jinki’ were written, it was my special note I had prepared before I had left to meet Kim Minsung days ago. My last words which I had no courage to say and would regret never saying.

From the inside of my bag I pulled out a pen and scribbled down the words that would break Jinki’s heart. He had done so much for me and tried till the end but leaving him now, even out of sheer desperation, would be an unforgivable act in his eyes. He was going to hate me and the words ‘I’m sorry’ written on a piece of paper was surely not going to make up for it.

I turned back to look at him just one last time, one fleeting moment after which I willingly turned away from the person that held my world. Without him life would be emotionless, lifeless, it would be dead.

With the quietest steps I made it to the door, its hinges broken and rusted, making a slight sound as I left. But I didn’t turn back to see if Jinki was awake, not now when turning back could change everything.

Once on the narrow road, I looked skyward to notice the full moon. Its bright shining light bringing to view a silhouette I was familiar with. In front of me stood a tall man with broad shoulders, his eyes hidden behind thick glasses. Which were probably still suffering a little from the aftermath from today morning. But besides that he looked like he always did, cold and distant, firm and resolved with a purpose.

“I don’t see your bodyguard with you. His little stunt today could have cost me my sight” said Mr. Lee. His voice low but clearly audible in the silent dark of the night.

“You seem just fine to me” I replied, making no introductions as none were required. “Jinki is away, he doesn’t need to be involved” I lied. A smile could be heard in Mr. Lee’s voice as he spoke next, “You lie?” he asked even while knowing.

“For such a disloyal son, he still kept on the watch I bought him, or how else would I have tracked you down?” he questioned with amusement.

To this I had no reply. I did nothing but curse at not thinking of the possibility of a tracker on Jinki. It only made sense since the two of us were always together. Mr. Lee was surely armed and ready in case any new surprises came his way and I wasn’t going to stick around to find out. This only meant I had to hurry up before Jinki woke up.

“What is it you want? I already gave you the container you asked for” I said, trying and failing to sound brave and sure of myself. His next words were however unexpected and I had to ask again to make sure I heard right.

“You want to negotiate?” I repeated in disbelief.

“I have no time to waste here Jonghyun, so hear me carefully. Come with me and leave this city, live in a distant place and away from here and this life. Matters will be explained to you when the time comes and of course you will receive education and have someone take care of you.” As he said these words the car door opened and out walked the women who played my fake mother in this whole charade.

She wore black and was barely visible from where I stood but she seemed happy to see me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter